PDA

View Full Version : New PowerMacs any time soon?

MUrhino
Feb 24, 2003, 07:14 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid does anyone know if there is a suspected update of the PowerMac coming anytime soon? Enclosure? Thinking of getting one....is a combo drive necessary/worth it? What about bluetooth module? Is the module inside of the enclosure or is it a usb dongle? Thanks!

iJon
Feb 24, 2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MUrhino
At the risk of sounding stupid does anyone know if there is a suspected update of the PowerMac coming anytime soon? Enclosure? Thinking of getting one....is a combo drive necessary/worth it? What about bluetooth module? Is the module inside of the enclosure or is it a usb dongle? Thanks!
the bluetooth module is usb, but must be professionly installed. so if you dont get it with your order, you ahve to buy the external one from d-link.

iJon

FredAkbar
Feb 24, 2003, 07:41 PM

I haven't heard anything about more PowerMac updates. I'm pretty sure there won't be any more updates to the PowerMacs until the 970 is released (or at least until this fall/winter, whichever comes first). As for your question about the combo drive, I'm not sure what you mean by that, since all PowerMacs have at least a combo drive. If you meant the Superdrive, then I wouldn't say the Superdrive is worth it unless you intend to make movies and burn DVDs and such. But man...that $2699 PowerMac model looks pretty darn nice...a bit pricey though, so it's your call.

--Fred

RBMaraman
Feb 24, 2003, 07:54 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid does anyone know if there is a suspected update of the PowerMac coming anytime soon? Enclosure?

The PowerMac's were just about about 3 or 4 weeks ago, so it's going to be several months before there is another update.

More than likely, the next update will be in the fall/winter when the 970 chip is introduced (if it is). It's then that we will most likely see a redesign of the enclosure.

Rower_CPU
Feb 24, 2003, 07:57 PM
You guys know about the new section arn added, right?

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

It might answer some of your questions...