Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
One of my PC user friends sent this to me.

I know I might get flamed to hell for posting it.

Attachments

• mac_477.jpg
    mac_477.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,550

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
Well your PC user friend man guy dude is right! Having viruses is SO much better! I would rather get viruses & attention than no viruses and attention at all!

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Cloudgazer said:
One of my PC user friends sent this to me.

I know I might get flamed to hell for posting it.

Meh. I'd rather no-one used Macs and I didn't get viruses than everyone use Macs and as a result does get viruses.

Although the cartoon is correct about the imagery thing in the adverts. I know advertisers are rarely subtle in trying to sell a lifestyle - advertising is universally designed to turn consumers into babbling, idiotic five year olds who automatically consume any image placed infront of them at face value - but the 'cool' Mac guy and the 'nerdy' PC guy just took the biscuit.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Yeah, Tim Buckley's comics are usually pretty good, until he bashes out on Macs everynow and then. He pretty much hates Macs in a very 90s sort of way. Though in his defense he does like all the attention from Mac users.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Someone should make a spoof of the Microsoft ads, for example the Office ones with dinosaurs in it, or the Windows ones that tell you you can make music in XP.

WTF dinosaurs?!?!

OfficeEvolveB_2_8.jpg

If it weren't for the fact that that image was on Microsoft's site I wouldn't be sure if it was a spoof or real....

:rolleyes:

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I love ctr-alt-delete, yeah he lashes out at macs, but it's funny. I really like that one where he referred to a g4 powermac as "my first computer"

Johnny Rico

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2005
Sharewaredemon said:
WTF dinosaurs?!?!

If it weren't for the fact that that image was on Microsoft's site I wouldn't be sure if it was a spoof or real....
The dinosaur imagery is a reference to the fact that using outdated software (in this case, not the newest version of office) makes You in fact outdated, something like a dinosaur in fact. Perhaps to suggest that if you use "obsolete" software you may in fact go the way of the dinosaur yourself. This isn't exactly a deeply veiled literary metaphor, not sure what your :confused: or your :rolleyes: is all about.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Johnny Rico said:
The dinosaur imagery is a reference to the fact that using outdated software (in this case, not the newest version of office) makes You in fact outdated, something like a dinosaur in fact. Perhaps to suggest that if you use "obsolete" software you may in fact go the way of the dinosaur yourself. This isn't exactly a deeply veiled literary metaphor, not sure what your :confused: or your :rolleyes: is all about.

I actually think that it is a good ad campaign, just like I think Apple's current campaign is good, I was just doing a bit of preaching to the choir in terms of the fact that the discussion is based on someone manipulating the Apple ads against them.

Here's another good idea for someone to do to make fun of the Apple ads.

Mac: "Hello, I'm a Mac"
PC: "And I'm a PC"
Mac: "Oh, hey... iPod, nice."
PC: "Yeah, just a little something to hold my slowjam"
Mac: "Oh ya?"
PC: "And it works so seemlessly with iTunes"
Mac: "You should check out iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb cause they all work like iTunes. You know, iLife. It comes on every Mac"
PC: "i-L-i-f-e. Well, I - I have some very cool apps that are bundled with me"
Mac: "Well, like what?"
PC: "Solitaire"
Mac: "Crap"

Cut to the iMac picture.....

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Yeah, I'm a mac fan but i was a little put off by the
stupid cliche mac/pc arguments in the new mac ads.

implying that the macintosh doesnt crash is total bunk,
and implying that pc dont work with the latest cameras
is also bunk and about half the time its the other way around.

so a buddy and i made this script

(the columns read downward)

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
obeygiant said:
Yeah, I'm a mac fan but i was a little put off by the
stupid cliche mac/pc arguments in the new mac ads.

implying that the macintosh doesnt crash is total bunk,
and implying that pc dont work with the latest cameras
is also bunk and about half the time its the other way around.

so a buddy and i made this script

(the columns read downward)

WTFWTFWTFWTF??????

YOU CAN RUN WINDOWS ON A MAC!!!

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
obeygiant said:
thats true... unless youre one of the 80% of mac owners
who have a powerpc.

Of course these ads are geared towards people buying a Mac (assumed new) so technically you're counter argument does not hold any water in this situation.

(This is said in a friendly way so I hope you are not offended)

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Sharewaredemon said:
Of course these ads are geared towards people buying a Mac (assumed new) so technically you're counter argument does not hold any water in this situation.

(This is said in a friendly way so I hope you are not offended)
thanks for your input :I

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
why are people making these?? macs are better than PC's and there is no reason to make fun of a great computer company..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.