PDA

View Full Version : Buying Powerbook G4

DownSetDana
Jun 27, 2006, 01:45 AM
Hey guys, im buying a Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, it has 2GB of RAM, and a 100GB hard drive. Tiger of course and Applecare, I know the guy personally and he is selling me this for $1000, I'd say its a really really good deal, lemme know what you think.

Edit: I have used it, and Its in absolute mint condition except for a slight ding on the back of the laptop, other than this, its mint, everything works.

ricgnzlzcr
Jun 27, 2006, 01:48 AM
I think that's a really fair deal. Goodluck with your powerbook and make sure to back up your information frequently.

balamw
Jun 27, 2006, 01:49 AM
Hey guys, im buying a Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, it has 2GB of RAM, and a 100GB hard drive. Tiger of course and Applecare, I know the guy personally and he is selling me this for $1000, I'd say its a really really good deal, lemme know what you think.
That does seem like a good deal given that the 15" PB 1.67 GHz 512MB/80GB refurb sells for $1349.

B

DownSetDana
Jun 27, 2006, 03:05 PM
A bunch of people are telling me to buy a regular MacBook now, is it worth it. I need some suggestions plz

balamw
Jun 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
A bunch of people are telling me to buy a regular MacBook now, is it worth it. I need some suggestions plz
What are you planning to do with the machine? Is it your first Mac.

The Similarly priced MacBook will be faster for universal binaries, but will only have a combo drive and 512MB of RAM, plus you'll have to buy your own AppleCare. If you configure a MacBook similar to the PB it would bring the price up to $2200 for a new one...

B

DownSetDana
Jun 27, 2006, 04:35 PM
I plan on doing some video editing, and photo editing, along with everyday activities such as Internet and Adium, and well, also, I just think the PB is the sexiest notebook out there :D , but yea, Maybe some audio editing also. So Im leaning towards the powerbook, and yes it is going to be my first mac. I have alot of experience with one, I have just never owned one. (my friend has one, and I use one for editing at school). I love the OS, and I can't wait for Leopard. And for $1000, its seems decently priced considering the specs it has.

darrengreer
Jun 27, 2006, 05:02 PM
I plan on doing some video editing, and photo editing, along with everyday activities such as Internet and Adium, and well, also, I just think the PB is the sexiest notebook out there :D , but yea, Maybe some audio editing also. So Im leaning towards the powerbook, and yes it is going to be my first mac. I have alot of experience with one, I have just never owned one. (my friend has one, and I use one for editing at school). I love the OS, and I can't wait for Leopard. And for $1000, its seems decently priced considering the specs it has.

Given what you are planning to do with it, I would suggest spending a bit more and getting a Macbook, with at least 1G of RAM.

It's definately a good deal you have there with the PB, but for what you want to do, I'd suggest going for the new Macbook.

iGary
Jun 27, 2006, 05:04 PM
Given what you are planning to do with it, I would suggest spending a bit more and getting a Macbook, with at least 1G of RAM.

It's definately a good deal you have there with the PB, but for what you want to do, I'd suggest going for the new Macbook.

You might want to find out if she needs to run any non-native apps like Photoshop. ;)

Spectrum
Jun 27, 2006, 05:58 PM
Get the Powerbook. I have the same spec machine, and after 9 months, I still think it is awesome.

And it comes with a non-glossy screen for free. :)

dmw007
Jun 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
That machine for only $1,000???!!!!

I would definitely say to buy it DownSetDana! :)