PDA

View Full Version : iPods Delayed to December?

ASP272
Jun 28, 2006, 03:05 PM
Here's an interesting link to an article I found on CNN. Check it out:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/28/technology/apple/index.htm?cnn=yes

Viking Quest
Jun 28, 2006, 03:06 PM
Very interesting ... maybe I will get that 5G afterall

runplaysleeprun
Jun 28, 2006, 04:15 PM
Noooo. My birthday was two days ago and my family was getting me an iPod. I told them to wait a few weeks. I don't want to wait a several months.

bah

rockthecasbah
Jun 28, 2006, 04:23 PM
If apple incorporated a changeable backlight intensity users could increase battery life with more or less backlight... nothing difficult about that except a few lines of programming right?

ASP272
Jun 29, 2006, 05:57 AM
If apple incorporated a changeable backlight intensity users could increase battery life with more or less backlight... nothing difficult about that except a few lines of programming right?

I think that is what they were talking about in this article - making hardware/software adjustments to increase the battery life. It makes sense with a variable backlight, but they would have to do a lot more to extend the life of a TRUE video iPod battery with a large screen. I wonder what the life of the battery is on one of those other video MP3 players out there?

Scarlet Fever
Jun 29, 2006, 07:01 AM
yay, my U2 isnt obsolete just after i bought it :D

ijimk
Jun 29, 2006, 10:17 AM
grrr i have been holding out for the next gen video as well and this sux. Recently my ipod photo died and all i have left is my shuffle to hold me over. I really dont know what to do.... GAH!!!!!!!!:mad:

Caitlyn
Jun 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
See, it's times like these, I'm glad I didn't play the waiting game because the 6G seems to keep getting "delayed" more and more...

redAPPLE
Jun 29, 2006, 02:26 PM
See, it's times like these, I'm glad I didn't play the waiting game because the 6G seems to keep getting "delayed" more and more...

according to my sources, the codename for the real iPod video is 'Vista'. :rolleyes:

jholzner
Jun 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
How often are these guys right? I mean really, are they ever correct in their predictions? Apple hasn't announced anything so how can it be delayed? He doesn't cite a source or say he has insider info. It sounds like he's just making stuff up.