PDA

View Full Version : Australians do not buy from this store!

Bern
Jun 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I just wanted to alert Australians looking to purchase hardware (especially SATA HDD for Macbooks and Pro's) not to purchase from Mwave.com.au

I bought a Seagate Momentus 100GB HDD from there last week. I mentioned in another thread about it making a sound and was basically told I was being too picky. Well a few other problems began to arise such as regular stalls, slow downs etc and so I called MWave.com.au and they said to come in so they will replace it. The next day I reformatted the HDD and phoned them to let them know I was coming in, but they changed their minds and said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for them to test it first before they would consider a replacement. His reason was "... well you probably dropped it..."

I was furious and consequently contacted Seagate's office here. I took the HDD into them and they tested it. They asked me if I had purchased it on eBay :eek: I asked why and they told me it was clearly not a new drive (how they can identify this I have no idea). When I told them where I purchased it from they had trouble believing me until I showed them the invoice.

So it seems Mwave.com.au tried to put one over me. I just wanted people to be aware and take their time to find a reputable retailer for their Mac hardware.