Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninjured

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Hi guys so i put bootcamp on the macbook, made my drivers cd, rebooted with the xp cd in there and it comes up - starting caldera dr-dos.. then a warning message about something already being enabled and it just sits there on the black screen. And i cant get the cd out either so how do i change the partition which it boots from or something so i can load up os x, as it just will restart with the same thing. cause at this point i got nothing just a nice big paper weight :S. any help be great.

ninjured

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
liketom said:
sit on that power button and reboot while holding the eject cd -
oh nice the cd is OUT !! now for the boot problem its still looking for a bootable cd ?

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
XP doesn't use Caldera so if you are getting that then your XP cd isn't a real XP cd. Probably a warez version with multiple windows on it. You'll need to get a legit cd or at least a straight copy of a legit cd.

ninjured

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
TBi said:
XP doesn't use Caldera so if you are getting that then your XP cd isn't a real XP cd. Probably a warez version with multiple windows on it. You'll need to get a legit cd or at least a straight copy of a legit cd.

oh i c fun fun, so nothing i can do to boot os x from here ?

kjwebb

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Australia
Hold down alt/option while rebooting/starting up the computer until you get two hard drives on screen.

Double click the left one and wait till Mac OS X loads. Then go into Bootcamp and redo the partition so that only Mac OS X has a partition or go into System Preferences -> Startup disc and select the Mac OS X hard drive to startup (depending on if you want to keep the Bootcamp partition).

ninjured

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
kjwebb said:
Hold down alt/option while rebooting/starting up the computer until you get two hard drives on screen.

Double click the left one and wait till Mac OS X loads. Then go into Bootcamp and redo the partition so that only Mac OS X has a partition or go into System Preferences -> Startup disc and select the Mac OS X hard drive to startup (depending on if you want to keep the Bootcamp partition).

awsome your a legend

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.