PDA

View Full Version : iTMS Countries Now in Native Languages

Kardashian
Jul 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
Just though I would let you know, that in the drop down list of the different country stores in iTunes, they are now named in their native tounge, not English as before.

Sad I notice these things, I know..

celebrian23
Jul 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
You would think they would have done this from the beginning...

Kardashian
Jul 1, 2006, 12:31 PM
You would think they would have done this from the beginning...

Bydde hwnna'n neud fwy o sens..

wmmk
Jul 1, 2006, 12:36 PM
Bydde hwnna'n neud fwy o sens..
:confused: um, ok? what language is that?:confused:

Eraserhead
Jul 1, 2006, 01:20 PM
:confused: um, ok? what language is that?:confused:

Welsh at a guess, the welsh speak a different language from English and everything published by the government in Wales is in both languages...

Kardashian
Jul 1, 2006, 01:29 PM
Welsh at a guess, the welsh speak a different language from English and everything published by the government in Wales is in both languages...

Llongyfarchiadau, EraserHead! It was Welsh.. I originally said ''that would have made more sense".. and 'Llongyfarchiadau' means 'congratulations'

:p

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
Well, Norway is still listed as "Norway" and not "Norge", "Sweden" not "Sverige", "Denmark" not "Danmark", "Finland" and not "Suomi" and "Greece" and not however they write it in Greek (I have now idea how :o), so I guess it doesn't apply to all... ;)

bousozoku
Jul 1, 2006, 02:21 PM
Llongyfarchiadau, EraserHead! It was Welsh.. I originally said ''that would have made more sense".. and 'Llongyfarchiadau' means 'congratulations'

:p

I thought that it was Wellllllllllllllsh. ;) (I know but it seems that Wales has an abundance of Ls.)

Well, Norway is still listed as "Norway" and not "Norge", "Sweden" not "Sverige", "Denmark" not "Danmark", "Finland" and not "Suomi" and "Greece" and not however they write it in Greek (I have now idea how :o), so I guess it doesn't apply to all... ;)

Though, somehow, Japan has been fine all along. Perhaps, it's a matter of familiarity. (Where do we get these names anyway?)

Kardashian
Jul 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
I thought that it was Wellllllllllllllsh. ;) (I know but it seems that Wales has an abundance of Ls.)

You have no idea, buddy. L's, Ch's, Ff's and Ng's!

bousozoku
Jul 1, 2006, 03:10 PM
You have no idea, buddy. L's, Ch's, Ff's and Ng's!

Ngs? They're Chinese. :p

I lived in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. We had plenty of Welsh, English, and Irish names. Bryn Mawr, Llanerch, Bristol, Devon, Upper Darby (they changed the spelling) to name a few.

Kardashian
Jul 1, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ngs? They're Chinese. :p

I lived in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. We had plenty of Welsh, English, and Irish names. Bryn Mawr, Llanerch, Bristol, Devon, Upper Darby (they changed the spelling) to name a few.

Oooo! Well look at you go, all bi-lingual! :D

KKKL
Jul 1, 2006, 06:26 PM
日本 means japan:)

Chundles
Jul 1, 2006, 06:40 PM
Not all of them, the Australian one still says "Australia." It should say "Straya."