PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano Repair Question

skubish
Jul 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
The screen went bad on my Nano. It has lines running through it. This was caused by damage as it was setting on my desk for a week before I turned it on and noticed the problem.

My questions are:
1. I bought it in Oct-2005 at Best Buy, it was about 99 days left of the warranty according to Apple's site. Can I return it to an Apple Store without a receipt?

2. Do I have to talk to a Genius or will any worker at the store do?

3. Do I need to bring the box, cables, etc. in or just the iPod?

Thanks

Koodauw
Jul 2, 2006, 12:41 AM
You can take it to the Apple store. I would guess you'll have to talk to a genius, and all you'll need is the iPod.

You can also fill out Apple's iPod repair form online, and they will send you a box, and you can ship it off to them. But if an apple store is nearby, I would just go there.

skubish
Jul 2, 2006, 07:50 AM
You can take it to the Apple store. I would guess you'll have to talk to a genius, and all you'll need is the iPod.

You can also fill out Apple's iPod repair form online, and they will send you a box, and you can ship it off to them. But if an apple store is nearby, I would just go there.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am also wondering if they will exchange it right at the Apple Store or will they send it in for repair?

Koodauw
Jul 3, 2006, 12:14 AM
Cant answer that one for you. Never had any experience with broken iPods taken to an apple store.

Vader
Jul 3, 2006, 12:19 AM
Sorry to post a thread stealer, but how do you check about iPod warranty online?
I just got a used nano and I wanted to check if it has an warranty left.

WildCowboy
Jul 3, 2006, 12:23 AM
Sorry to post a thread stealer, but how do you check about iPod warranty online?
I just got a used nano and I wanted to check if it has an warranty left.

Check the Apple Support (http://www.apple.com/support/) page...right side, most of the way down.

Vader
Jul 3, 2006, 12:38 AM
Check the Apple Support (http://www.apple.com/support/) page...right side, most of the way down.
Sweet, thanks, I have 110 days left!