PDA

View Full Version : Painted iPod?

craigatkinson
Jul 4, 2006, 02:49 PM
Anyone on here every try to paint a third generation iPod? I'm considering trying it myself if I can see some examples of others who have done it.

ExileinBlonde
Jul 4, 2006, 03:43 PM
Anyone on here every try to paint a third generation iPod? I'm considering trying it myself if I can see some examples of others who have done it.
The only way you would catch me painting my iPod is if I had 3 of them.

robPOD
Jul 4, 2006, 04:26 PM
I think there are places that you can send your ipods into to get painted check out there web sites maybe

Electro Funk
Jul 4, 2006, 05:02 PM
www.colorwarepc.com/products/default.aspx

craigatkinson
Jul 4, 2006, 06:22 PM
I have an ipod nano. I never use my third generation iPod. I've been thinking about selling it, but I doubt I could get enough out of it to make it worth it. So I thought it might be cool to paint it red or something. I don't know how good it would look though.

The only way you would catch me painting my iPod is if I had 3 of them.

craigatkinson
Jul 4, 2006, 06:23 PM
It looks like this place just colors brand new ones and sells you the ipod and the paint job. Is there anyplace that paints used ipods?

www.colorwarepc.com/products/default.aspx

iShane
Jul 4, 2006, 06:28 PM
It looks like this place just colors brand new ones and sells you the ipod and the paint job. Is there anyplace that paints used ipods?

Nope, I believe you can send your iPod/Mac into Colorware PC and they will paint it.

Electro Funk
Jul 5, 2006, 09:52 AM
Nope, I believe you can send your iPod/Mac into Colorware PC and they will paint it.

that is correct... thay will order a new one and paint it for you, or you can send in one you already own and have it painted for a nominal fee...

rockthecasbah
Jul 5, 2006, 10:28 AM
Craig,

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/Col_ipod.aspx

Under Services at the top you can hit Apple Services and then click iPod. It is $64.

tobefirst
Jul 5, 2006, 10:30 AM
that is correct... thay will order a new one and paint it for you, or you can send in one you already own and have it painted for a nominal fee...
Apparently "nominal" is a relative term. (:

$64-84 US.

funkychunkz
Jul 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
Short of paying $ or ruining th eipod , use electrical tape :p

iPotter
Jul 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
a cheaper and safer alternative than spray painting an ipod....www.paintjazz.com

nutman
Jul 12, 2006, 01:02 AM
a cheaper and safer alternative than spray painting an ipod....www.paintjazz.com

i love how permanent and removable are used in the same line.

feelthefire
Jul 12, 2006, 08:13 AM
^ you won't catch me putting nail polish remover anywhere near my iPod...so I guess it's only removable if you want to melt the plastic too.

ToastMaster
Jul 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
I do like some of those PaintJazz skins though. They look really nice.