PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Mobile on iPod

iKarl
Jul 5, 2006, 09:51 AM
Leopard Mobile on iPod

*cue theories*
**gets tinfoil hat**

Video Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teB3cgZGcw)

skunk
Jul 5, 2006, 10:02 AM
Does it come with a free iGlass so you can actually see it?:confused:

Collin973
Jul 5, 2006, 10:07 AM
Wow. Touch screen ipod? I want to sell mine. If thats real, that would be amazing. I'm not convinced it's real though....but it looks amazing...

runplaysleeprun
Jul 5, 2006, 10:14 AM
its just a video playing with the the guy moving a stylus around like he's controlling it, and not doing a great job.

macOSX-tastic
Jul 5, 2006, 10:16 AM
i think its just a video of OS X captured with a video capture program, such as snapz pro x, and then put on the ipod. after a few run throughs and rehersal it would be easy to follow the actions on the screen and make them "appear" to be controlled and executed by the stylus. ia some points, i think you can see the scrollbar move ahead of the stylus.

and why would anybody do it anyway? the writing is tiny!

fake.

S

Bubbasteve
Jul 5, 2006, 10:55 AM
I think it's fake since you can't even read the words on the websites...but that's just me

Josh396
Jul 5, 2006, 10:57 AM
I'd agree that it's fake. I also don't know if it would be possible to have OS X run that smooth and an iPod unless they made it bigger to put in a faster processor.

SpaceMagic
Jul 5, 2006, 11:21 AM
haha.

cool!

fake.

Bubbasteve
Jul 5, 2006, 11:22 AM
its just a video playing with the the guy moving a stylus around like he's controlling it, and not doing a great job.
I'm an idiot, I never thought of that

purelithium
Jul 5, 2006, 11:33 AM
Plus, it looks like Windows XP, not OSX... Unless the Leopard Dock looks more like the Windows dock...

CoMpX
Jul 5, 2006, 11:35 AM
Plus, it looks like Windows XP, not OSX... Unless the Leopard Dock looks more like the Windows dock...

Looks like OS X to me.

Makosuke
Jul 5, 2006, 11:43 AM
It's OSX, but you can see that his motions aren't even that closely in synch with what's recorded on the screen. Nice idea for a fake, but pretty obvious.

Not to mention that if Apple were going to do a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't be with the current case anyway--no need for it.

CoMpX
Jul 5, 2006, 11:45 AM
It's OSX, but you can see that his motions aren't even that closely in synch with what's recorded on the screen. Nice idea for a fake, but pretty obvious.

Not to mention that if Apple were going to do a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't be with the current case anyway--no need for it.

I agree. He obviously rehearsed this several times to get in snc with the video, maybe not enough times. If we had a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't look exactly like the 5G iPod, and the stylus would look way more.....Appley. :p

JosiahPB
Jul 5, 2006, 01:40 PM
Isn't it amazing how quickly we forget about all of these fakes when the real models are introduced?

yellow
Jul 5, 2006, 01:44 PM
Fake. It's just a video iPod with a video someone took of doing all that.

Why?

Because Apple has STRICT Human Interface Guidelines. Having tiny little text on a 2" screen doesn't quite meet those minimum requirements.

aaronb
Jul 5, 2006, 01:44 PM
definitely fake.
all this looks like to me is a video somebody made, imported it into iTunes, memorized what buttons were pressed and used some pen device to emulate it.

Squareball
Jul 5, 2006, 02:05 PM

What you're seeing is not a dock or taskbar but a horizontal scrollbar on the browser.

But yeah, it's just a video he is keeping sync with. It make me smile though. I couldn't have remembered all those movements and the timing.

2nyRiggz
Jul 5, 2006, 02:18 PM
Text way too small unless they will be doing the DS opera touch text to make bigger gig....I still call BS...

Bless

sjpetry
Jul 5, 2006, 02:27 PM
definitely fake.
all this looks like to me is a video somebody made, imported it into iTunes, memorized what buttons were pressed and used some pen device to emulate it.
Agreed.

Imagine how impossible it would be to read that text!

codo
Jul 5, 2006, 02:28 PM
You guys are the Pro rumour crew - I was almost hooked.

Killyp
Jul 5, 2006, 03:31 PM
there's also a bit where the image scrolls up up before the guy drags up with the pen...

ModestPenguin
Jul 5, 2006, 03:55 PM
*gigglesnort* FAKE

celebrian23
Jul 5, 2006, 04:04 PM
I love all these fake technologies, it keeps me alert :)

4np
Jul 5, 2006, 04:32 PM
Definately a fake... if you look at the scrolling you see the stylus and the scrollbar move seperately from eachother (at some points the scrollbar is moving faster than the stylus). So... this is just a video capture of an OSX pc and played back on the iPod video...

robPOD
Jul 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
definately fake how would he be connected to the internet?

yellow
Jul 5, 2006, 05:41 PM
definately fake how would he be connected to the internet?

Magic. Duh. :)

(good point, too!)

MattyMac
Jul 5, 2006, 09:51 PM
Fake...but very cool!

dornoforpyros
Jul 5, 2006, 10:03 PM
fake, but I'll give them credit for putting some effort into rather than the ussual photoshop "new video iPod !!!11!1!!!111! leaks!"

EDIT: Also notice the 2 hard drives/icons on the desktop. Now how is an iPod gonna have a 2nd HD? Or even mount an external drive/disk? I suppose you could partition it...but it's unlikely

slooksterPSV
Jul 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
Now watch, Apple will come out, next week or so, with the Tiger Pod - Mac OS X Leopard on an iPod. haha, just kidding.

aaronb
Jul 6, 2006, 12:56 AM
although many, if not all, of these screenshots and videos are fake, it's really cool to see how creative people can get to kind of get "their" version of Leopard. I suppose we're getting close enough to time where we'll get a sneak peak at the real deal!

I'm all for starting a post with Leopard WISHFUL screenshots, not posts that claim if it is real or not. 99% of them are all fake. Maybe people could just let their creativity run and start a post and a few screenshots of what they hope Leopard will look like.

unfaded
Jul 6, 2006, 03:03 AM
Also notice the 2 hard drives/icons on the desktop. Now how is an iPod gonna have a 2nd HD? Or even mount an external drive/disk? I suppose you could partition it...but it's unlikely

Ahahahaha that had never even crossed my mind... that is completely true.