1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Leopard Mobile on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iKarl, Jul 5, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Leopard Mobile on iPod

*cue theories*
    **gets tinfoil hat**

Video Link

2. macrumors demi-god

skunk

Does it come with a free iGlass so you can actually see it?:confused:

3. macrumors 6502

Wow. Touch screen ipod? I want to sell mine. If thats real, that would be amazing. I'm not convinced it's real though....but it looks amazing...

4. macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

its just a video playing with the the guy moving a stylus around like he's controlling it, and not doing a great job.

5. macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i think its just a video of OS X captured with a video capture program, such as snapz pro x, and then put on the ipod. after a few run throughs and rehersal it would be easy to follow the actions on the screen and make them "appear" to be controlled and executed by the stylus. ia some points, i think you can see the scrollbar move ahead of the stylus.

and why would anybody do it anyway? the writing is tiny!

fake.

S

6. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Mobile Leopard on Touch Screen iPod?

I think it's fake since you can't even read the words on the websites...but that's just me

7. macrumors 65816

Josh396

I'd agree that it's fake. I also don't know if it would be possible to have OS X run that smooth and an iPod unless they made it bigger to put in a faster processor.

8. macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

haha.

cool!

fake.

9. macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm an idiot, I never thought of that

10. macrumors 6502

purelithium

Plus, it looks like Windows XP, not OSX... Unless the Leopard Dock looks more like the Windows dock...

11. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Looks like OS X to me.

12. macrumors 603

It's OSX, but you can see that his motions aren't even that closely in synch with what's recorded on the screen. Nice idea for a fake, but pretty obvious.

Not to mention that if Apple were going to do a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't be with the current case anyway--no need for it.

13. macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I agree. He obviously rehearsed this several times to get in snc with the video, maybe not enough times. If we had a touchscreen iPod, it wouldn't look exactly like the 5G iPod, and the stylus would look way more.....Appley. :p

14. macrumors regular

Isn't it amazing how quickly we forget about all of these fakes when the real models are introduced?

15. macrumors regular

definitely fake.
    all this looks like to me is a video somebody made, imported it into iTunes, memorized what buttons were pressed and used some pen device to emulate it.

16. Moderator

yellow

Staff Member

Fake. It's just a video iPod with a video someone took of doing all that.

Why?

Because Apple has STRICT Human Interface Guidelines. Having tiny little text on a 2" screen doesn't quite meet those minimum requirements.

17. macrumors regular

What you're seeing is not a dock or taskbar but a horizontal scrollbar on the browser.

But yeah, it's just a video he is keeping sync with. It make me smile though. I couldn't have remembered all those movements and the timing.

18. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Text way too small unless they will be doing the DS opera touch text to make bigger gig....I still call BS...

Bless

19. macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Agreed.

Imagine how impossible it would be to read that text!

20. macrumors 6502

You guys are the Pro rumour crew - I was almost hooked.

21. macrumors 68040

Killyp

there's also a bit where the image scrolls up up before the guy drags up with the pen...

22. macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

*gigglesnort* FAKE

23. macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I love all these fake technologies, it keeps me alert :)

24. 4np
    macrumors 6502a

4np

Fake

Definately a fake... if you look at the scrolling you see the stylus and the scrollbar move seperately from eachother (at some points the scrollbar is moving faster than the stylus). So... this is just a video capture of an OSX pc and played back on the iPod video...

25. macrumors 6502

definately fake how would he be connected to the internet?