Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
We should write some emails, or get a petition going to push for altivec support. If we let them know that we are only using 25% of our chips power maybe they would consider it. Who knows.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
best place to go...

everyone involved with developing folding actively goes here from what i've seen.

a post or thread here would probably be just as effective as an e-mail.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Ya, they talk alot about Gromacs. Can you use it with F@H? I'm not really sure what it is, or how it works.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by jethroted
Ya, they talk alot about Gromacs. Can you use it with F@H? I'm not really sure what it is, or how it works.

Can't say that I know either.....

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
basically i think they're third party tools that the people at stanford use to make the folding cores without having to make their own from scratch.

cosm
tinker
gromacs

you can read about it on the folding forum or on stanford's site. it's been a while, so that's all i remember.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by mc68k
basically i think they're third party tools that the people at stanford use to make the folding cores without having to make their own from scratch.

cosm
tinker
gromacs

you can read about it on the folding forum or on stanford's site. it's been a while, so that's all i remember.

The gromacs core is faster for the mac and will use Altivec, the mac one is all ready to go but they keep fiddling around with the windoze one.

Gromac has been, well an agreement, has been reached and Folding is gonna soon be allowed to distribute the gromac apps. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.