PDA

View Full Version : History versus Apple :(

princealfie
Jul 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1865... very sad that the historical preservation idiots have banned the apple store... yuck!

Okay, I know that Boston I dislike their policies on demolition etc. etc. but Portland, I thought they were liberal? Huh... okay what a joke...

Phobophobia
Jul 6, 2006, 05:55 PM
I thought this was going to be a summary of all the bad things that have happened to Apple throughout history LOL

Spock
Jul 6, 2006, 10:15 PM
Apple's original plans called for the existing two-story building to be razed and replaced by a double-height, single-story Apple retail store that would be adorned with glass, stainless steel and a back-lit Apple logo.

And that sounds so cool too, who needs history?

Macky-Mac
Jul 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
good for the preservation people then.......send apple back to the suburban malls with the other franchise boxes if they cant figure out how to design a store in a historic area

eva01
Jul 9, 2006, 04:19 PM
Okay, I know that Boston I dislike their policies on demolition

And Apple is still trying to get a store in Boston to go with the rest of the street.

Shows that Portland < Boston :P

WildCowboy
Jul 9, 2006, 04:22 PM
Completely agree with the preservationists. There are plenty of places where Apple stores can go...historic districts shouldn't be one of them. They don't exactly fit in with most other building styles, which is a good thing...in the right setting.