Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
I just wanted to share a picture of our baby with you all. To clarify, her head is just north of the crosshairs and her heart is just southeast....

Attachments

• Baby 8 Weeks.jpg
    Baby 8 Weeks.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 231

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Oo! I can see her!
That's how I feel. :eek: I usually can't see what everyone claims they can see... but this time, I can seeee!

Congrats you two!

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
That's awesome. This is such an exciting time for you two. I'll never forget sitting next to my wife, looking at Nathan on the screen for the first time and, later, hearing his heart beating for the first time. He looked like a little peanut with two arm-shaped thingies. Still does:p :eek:

So cool. It will make a great cover for an Apple iPhoto book commemorating the event. Not that I'm drumming up bidness or anything.;)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
katie ta achoo said:
Oo! I can see her!

You can tell the gender at this point, or are you just using a pronoun?
Using what I figure is the right pronoun for right now. I'm not a big fan of calling a baby "it" (I know it would bother me if someone called me an it), and since we all start off as females until the Y gets off its duff and starts doing its job, until I know otherwise, she is a she.

I should clarify that this is the 8 week ultrasound, not the more common 20 week. For folks that can't see her, she's real small (actual size=16mm or 0.052493438 feet) and in the middle of the picture. Looks like a small shrimp. Maybe a kidney bean for the vegetarians. :)

zelmo said:
So cool. It will make a great cover for an Apple iPhoto book commemorating the event. Not that I'm drumming up bidness or anything.;)
Hey, at 52.22/share, they (and thus my portfolio) need all the help they can get. I'm torn though - I'm guessing you did one for Nathan (or does he go by Nate?), do I use this, the 20 week ultra, or the just after she's born for the cover?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
nbs2 said:
Using what I figure is the right pronoun for right now. I'm not a big fan of calling a baby "it" (I know it would bother me if someone called me an it), and since we all start off as females until the Y gets off its duff and starts doing its job, until I know otherwise, she is a she.

I should clarify that this is the 8 week ultrasound, not the more common 20 week. For folks that can't see her, she's real small (actual size=16mm or 0.052493438 feet) and in the middle of the picture. Looks like a small shrimp. Maybe a kidney bean for the vegetarians. :)
You won't call your baby "it" but you are willing to relate her to a shrimp or kidney bean? :p ;)

Anyway, Congratulations! :)

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
lilstewart said:
That is awesome... I can't wait to have a child.

Gonna be a while, since I am only 14. :eek:
I totally know what you mean! :eek: I'm 13, and the maternal instincts are already kicking in. There were a few days when all I was thinking about was how I could raise a kid. And... I don't want to do that unti I get out of school, that, gulp, with my current aspirations will probably be quite well into my 20s..... :eek: (I want a PhD in psychology or somethin' and perhaps an MD...)
It mostly gets started when I see people treating their children badly. Telling them to shut up or to get their butt over there. :mad:
The depressing thing is.... if I have a career in science that is strenuous.... I don't know how much time I will have to be a mom. Maybe my husband will have a more creative, flexible career...
I've been raised in a family of creative people in the music buisness so my whole life I've been used to my mom and dad normally not having commitents... and my dad often sleeping far after I wake up for school. :)

Anyways... CONGRATULATIONS! It must be such an exciting time of your life. :) I hope you have a wonderful life with you kid... But I guess we still have a fair amount of time before he or she is born. :)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
amateurmacfreak said:
The depressing thing is.... if I have a career in science that is strenuous.... I don't know how much time I will have to be a mom. Maybe my husband will have a more creative, flexible career...
I've been raised in a family of creative people in the music buisness so my whole life I've been used to my mom and dad normally not having commitents... and my dad often sleeping far after I wake up for school. :)

Anyways... CONGRATULATIONS! It must be such an exciting time of your life. :) I hope you have a wonderful life with you kid... But I guess we still have a fair amount of time before he or she is born. :)
I understand what you mean. I don't expect I will have a whole lot of flexibility doing the law thing (if I can ever find a job), but Lori works from home (telecommuting is a wonderful thing) so it will be a little better than it could have been. I'm hoping to get a bit more flexible as things go on and be able to spend more time with her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.