PDA

View Full Version : The fun thread! New iPod ideas

nickelbackmac
Jul 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
I made this thread for anyone who wants to use their imagination and share ideas of what upcoming iPods should have (features, capabilites, etc).

As for my idea: an iPod with Front Row;) (minus the DVD player, just the Movies, Music, and Photos)

Give it a shot!:)

Macnoviz
Jul 14, 2006, 10:49 AM
I just read an article that they are now working on reading 'brain waves', and there is even someone who is completely immobilised, who can still operate his computer, by thinking of moving something. Problem is he has a screw in his head for accurate readings, but they are also experimentating with external, though less accurate chips.
These would be ideal to build into your headphones, and since forward, backward play, pause, and so on are pretty simple, it should be manageable.

NOW THAT'S NON TOUCH !

applemax
Jul 14, 2006, 10:53 AM
I really want an iPod Chat with iSight, PhotoBooth and iChat all built in. Would be sweet...

DarkNetworks
Jul 14, 2006, 11:01 AM
please discontinue iPods...;)

i wish iPod will be a computer! but then again, what's a computer?

steamboat26
Jul 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
I want a nano that wont scratch...

But seriously, i think a wireless itunes store would be sweet. Also, it would be time consuming, but i would like to be able to edit song information or write notes on ipods (using the click wheel i guess)

celebrian23
Jul 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
I want an ipod with better volume control. I can't get it low enough :(

BlizzardBomb
Jul 14, 2006, 01:16 PM
My idea of fun would be an iPod capable of playing video with a 17" CRT screen.

mark!
Jul 14, 2006, 02:43 PM
My idea of fun would be an iPod capable of playing video with a 17" CRT screen.

that's possible isn't it....:confused:

CharlesRobinson
Jul 14, 2006, 03:31 PM
It kinda already happened, depending on the type of CRT you're using...

DanielGilbert
Jul 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
Dual headphone socket iPod would really appeal to me.

psychofreak
Jul 14, 2006, 05:58 PM
I would like a wireless ipod that can be used as a front row remote for macs, as they always get lost, and are just a pain.

wmmk
Jul 14, 2006, 06:03 PM
As for my idea: an iPod with Front Row;) (minus the DVD player, just the Movies, Music, and Photos)
+
I really want an iPod Chat with iSight, PhotoBooth and iChat all built in. Would be sweet...

übernice. really. of yeah, and with no scratches. and a good case included. and a tiny built in mono speaker. and some type of framework so that people could write apps and games for the iPod. man, i'd kill for one of those!:cool:

Killyp
Jul 14, 2006, 06:13 PM
I'd like an iPod with an iPod Mini style skin (Matte Aluminium), Video, kick ass batterylife, and a decent EQ which doesn't clip the sound...

I'd also like to see the ability to make contacts, notes and calander events on the move. WiFi integration would be cool to so you can listen to other people's iPods, in the same way you can share iTunes libraries between computers...

Obsidian6
Jul 14, 2006, 06:22 PM
Our very own "cleanup" has created exactly what i want. ( in photoshop at least )

if his mock-up could become a reality, i would buy it in an instant.

http://static.flickr.com/67/189705686_87e03a378c.jpg

thanks Albert! i love your creation!!!

wmmk
Jul 14, 2006, 06:29 PM
Our very own "cleanup" has created exactly what i want. ( in photoshop at least )

<snipping giant photo>

oh man!!!!! that looks so cool!!!!!!!!
me wants!!!!!!!:D

Obsidian6
Jul 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
i know! Albert ( cleanup ) did an awesome job on that. I wish i could create such things in photoshop. I'm only good at manipulating my own photos ;)

( also sorry didnt know the pic was so huge, i re-hosted it and used a smaller version, hope he doesnt mind )

wmmk
Jul 14, 2006, 07:24 PM
i know! Albert ( cleanup ) did an awesome job on that. I wish i could create such things in photoshop. I'm only good at manipulating my own photos ;)

( also sorry didnt know the pic was so huge, i re-hosted it and used a smaller version, hope he doesnt mind )
yeah. now that i look at it, it may have actually been illustrator as opposed to PS, but I guess only cleanup knows.

mark!
Jul 14, 2006, 10:25 PM
i think its too busy.

wmmk
Jul 14, 2006, 10:29 PM
i think its too busy.
well, with the keyboard pulled in and nobody calling you, the only exterior differences are the iSight and the earpiece thing. as long as nobody happens to be phoning you, as i said, it's just a normal iPod interface (buit all touchscreen) with a dock. seems dandy to me!:)

JosiahPB
Jul 14, 2006, 10:32 PM
I'll take one!

rockandrule
Jul 14, 2006, 10:38 PM
I'd definitely take one of those! As said, without the keyboard out and the phone call coming in it would be CLEAN. I would hope that it would shift to landscape with the keyboard out though, obviously.

mark!
Jul 14, 2006, 10:47 PM
i don't like the isight thing. if i'm out, i won't need it. i'll just call them & be like GET OVER HERE. & if they can't then they shouldn't be conferencing anyway.

i think apple would hide the speaker to the ear better.
i only want to see the screen, and that's it.

wmmk
Jul 14, 2006, 11:15 PM
i don't like the isight thing. if i'm out, i won't need it. i'll just call them & be like GET OVER HERE. & if they can't then they shouldn't be conferencing anyway.

i think apple would hide the speaker to the ear better.
i only want to see the screen, and that's it.
well, some people actually may enjoy/want/need video conferencing on the go. the guy made a nice mockup and some of us respect his work. as this is not a real product, there's no need to get worked up:rolleyes:

mark!
Jul 15, 2006, 12:15 AM
well, some people actually may enjoy/want/need video conferencing on the go. the guy made a nice mockup and some of us respect his work. as this is not a real product, there's no need to get worked up:rolleyes:

im not worked up :confused:

i said i don't like it & you responded to what i thought, so i responded back with why i don't like it, contradicting to your reasoning.

motulist
Jul 15, 2006, 12:57 AM
How about an iPod with an orifice for you to stick one of your appendages into so when you watch behind-the-red-curtain type videos it stimulates your appendage in synchronization with the on-screen action. Now THAT'S an iPod I'd buy the high end version of!

DarkNetworks
Jul 15, 2006, 01:16 AM
no iSight in iPods any soon...so forget that idea...

mannix87
Jul 15, 2006, 08:05 AM
built-in speakers just like in mobile phones for those moments when you dont want something attached to your ears or you dont have access to external amps/speakers. this really kills me especially since there have been occasions when I forgot to bring the ear buds/head phones along; and i'm stuck w/ an iPod that I cant listen to.:(

motulist
Jul 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
... when I forgot to bring the ear buds/head phones along; and i'm stuck w/ an iPod that I cant listen to.:(

You can pick up a pair of crappy headphones for 99 cents at any 99 cents store if you're ever in that situation again.

psychofreak
Jul 15, 2006, 09:14 AM
Id like an ipod with wireless capabilities that can be used as a front row remote.

fusionstudios
Jul 15, 2006, 10:50 AM
bluetooth and XM radio built in

Flenz
Jul 15, 2006, 11:36 AM
I want an iPod with knifeblades :-D

Flenz

GFLPraxis
Jul 15, 2006, 11:39 AM
I want an iPod with a 640x480 screen and iTunes to upgrade all TV shows to that quality.

JosiahPB
Jul 15, 2006, 12:47 PM
I want an iPod that controls the universe...and plays music.

dextertangocci
Jul 15, 2006, 02:36 PM

OMG! It's the ultra portable mac (or whatever they call it)

dextertangocci
Jul 15, 2006, 02:40 PM
Here are some:

tektonnic
Aug 17, 2006, 05:08 AM
Ok, to re-vitalise this thread I have been having this idea for ages but couldn't work out how Apple could build it in as a feature, I think I mastered it today without any additional buttons etc.

When listening on Shuffle or ina playlist sometime I ome across a song and think I would actually like to hear there album now but that means tedious navigation, so I think that if you click the center button it takes you to skip then rate the album art THEN "By the same", which if you click again it takes you back to the beginning but also displayed here is "Albums", "Songs" or "Playlists".

So, for example I'm listeing to Michael Jackson - Bad, suddenly I want Billie Jean, all I do is press the central button to get me there, click "Songs" and navigate to Billie Jean.

Personally I think this is an ace idea that lots of people would like, I call it The Peronalised Shuffle Effect!

NeoMac
Aug 17, 2006, 08:08 AM

Thats awesome. I would buy that in an instant.

xUKHCx
Aug 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
I vote fake :p

I think there are so really cool design elements with this design, a well thought-out product that i really would consider buying. The new Newton.

I think the way there is a scroll wheel on the keyboard as well is really good as with the keyboard out then reaching for the screen would be really annoying.

Anyway just like to say really nice concept and well carried out.

JRM PowerPod
Aug 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
Thats awesome. I would buy that in an instant.

Jasonbot
Aug 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
iPod "insert acronym for small here" Has like a billion songs, only problem - no screen, no controls, no headphones. It will make all other iPods obsolete! People will be screaming about them. Mainly because they cant find them but thats not the point. yes I dub it the iPod irritate!

wwooden
Aug 17, 2006, 10:29 AM
I vote fake :p

I think there are so really cool design elements with this design, a well thought-out product that i really would consider buying. The new Newton.

I think the way there is a scroll wheel on the keyboard as well is really good as with the keyboard out then reaching for the screen would be really annoying.

Anyway just like to say really nice concept and well carried out.

We weren't deciding if this picture was fake or not, we know it is, it was put together by one of the members here.

We are discussing what new features we would want on an iPod. He just happen to put together a really good picture with a bunch of the ideas.

waynesun
Aug 17, 2006, 11:01 AM
An iSight'd pod would be a pretty cool idea, like having a digital camera on the go. Knowing apple though, it probably wont happen.
Using your iPod as an IR remote would be pretty cool, like a much larger controller similar to Front Row's. I'd also like to have a delete feature instead of killing my computer from opening iTunes. New backings would be welcome, such as white, glossy ones on black pods.

nitynate
Aug 17, 2006, 07:24 PM
It's the iPod invisa!

It floats!

laserone
Sep 14, 2006, 05:17 PM

Oh man, if only apple would listen to people who make these really cool mock-ups. I'd sell my spleen for this ipod phone, LOL! :)

cleanup
Sep 19, 2006, 06:09 AM
Oh man, if only apple would listen to people who make these really cool mock-ups. I'd sell my spleen for this ipod phone, LOL! :)

If Apple listens to me they better give me royalties!! :)

Which better be soon because I need money for college. :p

MacBoobsPro
Sep 19, 2006, 06:11 AM
OMG! It's the ultra portable mac (or whatever they call it)

MacPod (which I have just trademarked) :D

abeyk
Sep 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
Aluminium 6G iPod with more battery life :D

Obsidian6
Sep 23, 2006, 02:04 AM
i would auction my first unborn child for one..

if it wound up being a decent phone. ya know? I just want a good phone.... i'm getting so angry with this * long train of horrible horrible expletives * RAZR.

Apple... please restore my joy.

nEw2tHiS
Aug 8, 2008, 04:39 AM
It's actually a similar concept as the one above and the technology is available. It actually would work well with the same as comment above.
They have this new(ish) nike sneaker that can connect up to your ipod and it registers your running speed and so changes your playlist accordingly.

My idea was that instead of reading your running pace it could "sense" your mood by measuring the intervals between beats for the songs you choose to listen to(slowjams,etc.) and will from there only shuffle songs with the same tempo not a specific playlist(similar to t.vo(?) recording things you might be into) The only thing I can't figure out how to change speeds of tempos if your mood changes....Hence the reason for the wholemind reading computer touch free idea.

Stuipdboy1000
Aug 8, 2008, 08:15 AM
A new set of headphones for iPod that know when they are no longer in your ears and automatically switch the iPod off. I am always wasting battery this way.:rolleyes:

Anti-FleaSwatr
Aug 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
How about an iPod with an orifice for you to stick one of your appendages into so when you watch behind-the-red-curtain type videos it stimulates your appendage in synchronization with the on-screen action. Now THAT'S an iPod I'd buy the high end version of!

That would be nice....an online purchase though. Dont want to buy it in front of the ladies

aafuss1
Aug 10, 2008, 06:22 PM
I made this thread for anyone who wants to use their imagination and share ideas of what upcoming iPods should have (features, capabilites, etc).

Give it a shot!:)

Drag and drop-for photos, music. If Sony and other can do it, why not Apple.