PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive a BTO 1.42...

Tom Light
Mar 7, 2003, 08:42 AM
...from the Apple Store yet? And, if so, what was your time to delivery?

Thanks!

Tom

hanumang
Mar 7, 2003, 09:26 AM
I wish :(

I upgraded my order (originally for a dual 1.25) on Feb 7th. My 'on-or-before' date is March 24th.

My specs:
dual 1.42 (of course ;))
1 GB RAM
2x180 GB HDD
SuperDrive
GeForce 4 Titanium
Modem

(no bluetooth, no airport)

It'll be my first Mac. Hope to do lots of FCP work on it. :)

I think of myself as a patient fellow, but damn, this wait is killing me...

Bear
Mar 7, 2003, 11:10 AM
Mine is supposed to ship by the 12th.

I started with the ultimate config, changed it to have 2 * 180 GB disks, added a combo drive.

I left the bluetooh in as I decided I would have a bluetooth device soon enough and didn't want to have to deal with a USB one.

synthetickittie
Mar 7, 2003, 11:55 PM
shippin estimates on the mac online store is no down to 5-7 days for the stock 1.42 powermacs.... dam this wait for my first mac is KILLING me

KingArthur
Mar 8, 2003, 07:03 AM
I think one of the major deterrants for switchers is the wait time. Apple either needs to either get production sped up of they need to announce only once they are ready with a product. Heck, that would give them a lot more releases per year, but that would ruin their pricing mechanism. I know that they know better than I about marketing, but I think that they are going to have fewer and fewer switchers and people with macs staying if they don't start getting things done when ordered.

synthetickittie
Mar 11, 2003, 12:04 PM
anyone YET?.. a couple resellers are now reporting they have the stock config in stock (macprices.com). As for me, nope still waiting with no clue if its gonna ship on time or not...

Vlade
Mar 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
Why would you guys buy RAM and hard drives from apple as a BTO option? Ram is over double the price of the RAM i get from MacMall (dont worry, they are the same quality). I can get a 80 GB hard drive for 80 dollars at Staples with rebates, and if you dont want to mess with that you can still get a 180 gig hard drive from macmall.com for ALOT less. (and they are probably going to be the same quality, apple switches what hard drives they use alot, mine came with a maxtor).

hanumang
Mar 11, 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Vlade
Why would you guys buy RAM and hard drives from apple as a BTO option? Ram is over double the price of the RAM i get from MacMall (dont worry, they are the same quality). I can get a 80 GB hard drive for 80 dollars at Staples with rebates, and if you dont want to mess with that you can still get a 180 gig hard drive from macmall.com for ALOT less. (and they are probably going to be the same quality, apple switches what hard drives they use alot, mine came with a maxtor).

Yeah, it would make more financial sense to go that route but I've always hated adding hard drives to machines, so I got a 2nd hard drive BTO.

As far as RAM, once I've passed the inevitable shakedown period without a hitch, I'm probably going to get 2 512 DIMMs from RamJet or MacMall (if I think it'll do me any good).

synthetickittie
Mar 11, 2003, 12:59 PM
if you wanted internall blue tooth and/or a better video card you had to order a bto and you'd be waiting as well. Blue tooth you cant add on after only if you want it filling up one of your usb ports and a better video card you'd be wasting money buying the stock one and then buying a better one. As for ram and extra hard drives, personally I didnt get any extra hard drives but I did order more ram just because Id rather have it all ready put in once I get it and for some reason just feel safer having it from apple.

giovanni
Mar 11, 2003, 01:07 PM
just a bad idea in my opinion not to get the bt module ! this bt thing is very cool and getting even better !
And of course, I agree, ordering ram and hd's from Apple is really a rip-off, even though I can understand those who don't want to deal with that stuff. Yet, installing drives and ram is so easy (I can do it !!!!!). I got both at crucial.com, great prices and service (I would never market anyone except that I really like these guys at crucial and no one evre mention them, in fact I even posted about it some time ago).

good luck !
gio

hanumang
Mar 11, 2003, 01:28 PM
Personally, I just don't see the point of Bluetooth for me right now (don't have a BT PDA or cell phone, and considering all the money I've just blown on my Mac and FCP, I won't upgrading either for a while :().

Also, like all wireless protocols, Bluetooth will be upgraded at some point (http://bluetooth.weblogs.com/discuss/msgReader$523), so you'd probably need new hardware anyway to take advantage of the increased feature set.

It is a cool technology, just not something that I need soldered into my box right now.

Or, at least, that's my justification for being cheap about it. ;)

edit: I should add that I used that $50 to pick up the iSub instead - gotta have that bass with your music now! :D

Foxer
Mar 11, 2003, 01:36 PM
BTO's still aren't shipping? Makes me even happier I cancelled mine and bought the stock model from the local Store. It's sooooo sweet!

Bear
Mar 11, 2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Vlade
To answer your questions:
1) Why harddrives - well upgrading the first one in size makes sense if you intend to max out the number of internal drives. As for why the second one, well at least it's covered by Apple Care and it means I don't have to open up the machine to make it usable to me.
2) Memory.again a question off how much use I can get out of the machine without opening it up. And at that point, the difference for the last DIMM wasn't a big deal.

I will be adding more disks soon enough. And a USB 2.0/Firewire combo card (so I get full speed such as it is from a scanner) and I don't need a USB or firewire hub.

But to return to your original question. I'd like to be able to use the machine for 30 days at least before modifying it. This way I can shake out any problems, and just point at Apple.

ottonian
Mar 11, 2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Bear
To answer your questions:
1) Why harddrives - well upgrading the first one in size makes sense if you intend to max out the number of internal drives. As for why the second one, well at least it's covered by Apple Care and it means I don't have to open up the machine to make it usable to me.
2) Memory.again a question off how much use I can get out of the machine without opening it up. And at that point, the difference for the last DIMM wasn't a big deal.

I will be adding more disks soon enough. And a USB 2.0/Firewire combo card (so I get full speed such as it is from a scanner) and I don't need a USB or firewire hub.

But to return to your original question. I'd like to be able to use the machine for 30 days at least before modifying it. This way I can shake out any problems, and just point at Apple.

I agree. #1 is the most valid response. Memory comes and goes but when a hard drive crashes it can get sticky. Saving money up front on a hard drive is nothing compared to being able to hand it back to a service center and get them to turn it around via Apple Care. Hard drive related problems are much harder to diagnose and fix as well. And with Apple formatting it I feel alot more confident about the drives integrity.

The memory thing is another thing altogether. Unless you got in on a deal before the first of the year [I think 512k modules were $40] you should configure the minimum and buy via ramfinder or somethin.

I dont understand why one would add a combo drive inside when you can get a much faster external firewire CDR-RW for alot less.

my 2 cents

giovanni
Mar 11, 2003, 07:07 PM
ottonian,
are you sure one can get a much faster external firewire CDR-RW for alot less ? I have some doubts. I don't know about cd-rw, but in general I still find firewire peripheral laughingly expensive. Just think hard drives, with PM now having 4 bays for hd's...not many I imagine would care for fw hard drive. And then there is always the space factor. So much cleaner to have as much as possible internal, I think.

meateater
Mar 11, 2003, 07:22 PM
has anyones date changed on there estimated ship on there bto 1.42? mine is still april 2nd and just wont change:( i was hoping once they got rolling they would start shipping quicker, i guess thats just wishfull thinking. please let us know if anyone recieves a bto unit. thanks

GigaWire
Mar 11, 2003, 07:29 PM
mine is supposed to ship by thursday.

Bear
Mar 11, 2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ottonian
I dont understand why one would add a combo drive inside when you can get a much faster external firewire CDR-RW for alot less.

An Apple Combo Drive is $150 (US). How much is an external firewire optical drive going to cost?
It writes CD-R's at 32x. A faster drive would change burn times by under a minute. Not a big deal.
Internal means no firwire cable or powercords to deal with. And you don't need to find a place to put the firewire enclosure.
I'm rough on optical drives, getting one that the AppleCare applies to is a good deal for me.

Bear
Mar 11, 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by meateater
has anyones date changed on there estimated ship on there bto 1.42?
Mine is till "On or before 3/12/02" which is tomorrow.

My guess is that you won't know about any delays until the night of your ship by date.

I guess I'll know within 24 hours if the Unit will ship on time.

synthetickittie
Mar 12, 2003, 05:48 AM
stock orders now 3-5 days but BTO orders are still estimated at 2-3 weeks.. whats up with BTO orders take so much longer?.. Bear, if you get an e-mail tonight saying its not gonna ship then we'll know something is up definitly but lets hope it gets shipped to you

Bear
Mar 12, 2003, 05:22 PM
Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order Wnnnnnnn

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

Z079, POWER MAC G4 CTO
will now ship on or before 04/02/2003

Need I say more? :( Next update when I get my next email.

synthetickittie
Mar 12, 2003, 05:37 PM
are you ****ting me... Im sorry but seriously now I was just anxious before about getting my 1.42 now Im seriously on the brink of being pissed. Bear did you call them to ask what exactly is holding up the BTO orders. I mean the reason Im about to get pissed is because all of us who ordered dam over a month ago are about to have our orders pushed back and people who order stock ones TODAY get them in less then a dam WEEK! whats up with that I mean what ever happened to first come first serve.. the reason I ordered this powermac insted of waiting for the 970s is because I need work done and I need it done now, when I ordered I knew I could wait 4-6 weeks and put stuff on a little bit of hold but I cant do it much longer if at all

meateater
Mar 12, 2003, 06:32 PM
sorry to hear the news bear. you now have the same ship date as me, i hope for both of us this is a solid date!!!!!! apple needs to pull there heads out of there butts!!!!!!!! send more beer!!! :(

synthetickittie
Mar 12, 2003, 06:53 PM
can someone PLEASE explain to me what could POSSIBLY be holding our orders up... not the processors we know that and how could it be any bto options we ordered because they seem to be shipping just fine with people who ordered them on 1.25 powermacs.... whats up?

hanumang
Mar 12, 2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by synthetickittie
can someone PLEASE explain to me what could POSSIBLY be holding our orders up... not the processors we know that and how could it be any bto options we ordered because they seem to be shipping just fine with people who ordered them on 1.25 powermacs.... whats up?

My theory is that there aren't enough chip allocated to BTO orders to meet the (BTO) demand.

Let's say - very hypothetically - that Apple only gets 60,000 chips from Motorola in the initial 1.42 shipment.

Apple decides that it has to allocate a certain number of chips for standard configurations so that resellers and B&M Apple stores have the necessary stock (hey, the walk-in/spur-of-the-moment sales are important to Apple too - probably moreso than BTO purchases).

If, say, that allotment is 50,000 chips (for 25,000 standard machines), that leaves only 10,000 chips (or 5,000 machines) for BTO orders.

But, I'm guessing, Apple's gotten far more than 5,000 BTO orders. Since (I'm guessing again) Apple deems having in-stock standard machine more important, we BTO folks get screwed. Royally.

Of course, in this hypothetical scenario, it would have been more appropriate to pass on to customers that it would take 8-12 weeks (instead of the 6-8 that was given). But, of course, I think that would scare away most BTO orders.

Bastards. :mad:

hanumang
Mar 12, 2003, 07:16 PM
sorry to hear the news bear. you now have the same ship date as me, i hope for both of us this is a solid date!!!!!!

I can't say I share your optimism. I'd almost* put money down that all of our orders will be pushed back 3 weeks. :mad:

*almost because I damn near spent my last dime on my PowerMac. If that mofo ever gets to me.

synthetickittie
Mar 12, 2003, 07:32 PM
hanumang... correct me if I didnt understand you completely right

ok by what your saying(only your theory I know) is that appple probably only got so many 1.42 processors and first sent out stock ones to their stores and resellers, I definitly understand that and get why they would do that first. Now your also saying with the left overs they decided to just stock up on stock 1.42s... now that I cant agree with and find uttertly ridicuals and bull. No matter what if I was to get an e-mail from apple next week saying my shipping is being moved back (right now it still says on or before 3/19) and I know people are all ready getting stock ones I definitly would buy from another company but since apple is the only place you can get a computer with mac os X(resellers are still going threw apple) and I by no way want to get another windows computer I guess no matter what Im not gonna end up cancelling my order only get more and more pissed.

Bear
Mar 12, 2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hanumang

If, say, that allotment is 50,000 chips (for 25,000 standard machines), that leaves only 10,000 chips (or 5,000 machines) for BTO orders.

But, I'm guessing, Apple's gotten far more than 5,000 BTO orders. Since (I'm guessing again) Apple deems having in-stock standard machine more important, we BTO folks get screwed. Royally.

What a wild theory...

Considering when my order was placed combined with your theory, my machine would've shipped already. My order was placed before 6 AM Pacific time on the 28th of January. My order was literally one of the first orders via the Apple online store.

meateater
Mar 12, 2003, 07:47 PM
maybe if we all start calling and bitching like crazy we might get some action. the squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!! we can start getting some nasty articles on the rumor sites, even steve jobs reads them. it just plain sucks we bto people are most likely the hardest core apple fans. were there backbone and they screw us everytime!!!!:mad:

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
Come on really! How Many 1.42ghz That are overclocked 1 ghz do you think Motorola can produce that dont melt down? I bet they get 1 chip per wafer that can still run at these speeds. Please where is the 970?

Bear
Mar 12, 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
Come on really! How Many 1.42ghz That are overclocked 1 ghz do you think Motorola can produce that dont melt down? I bet they get 1 chip per wafer that can still run at these speeds. Please where is the 970?
Why do you insist they are overclocked 1 GHz chips? I find your constant negativity annoying.

meateater
Mar 12, 2003, 07:59 PM
there not overclocked!!!! for people who cant get one its a good excuse to make them feel better.:)

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 12, 2003, 08:00 PM
Well i find motorolas lack of progress not only annoying but painfull and excruciating and in fact it hurts me to just think about it.

Tom Light
Mar 12, 2003, 08:31 PM
I ordered a DP 1.25 that Apple promised in 1-3 days. After two delays - I cancelled.

Since the 1.42s had begun shipping (and against my better judgement), I ordered a BTO DP 1.42 (thinking Apple might just come through early), after being offered a stock 1.42 from a very helpful person on this forum. :rolleyes:

My local Apple dealer called me the next day at lunch and told me he had a DP 1.42 ("Fastest" Config), and he would hold it for me so I could come by and pick it up after lunch. I was weak, and snapped it up (maxing out the RAM, adding an Airport Extreme - the stuff I had included in my BTO box).

Yeah, I missed out on the NVidia card and the internal Bluetooth, but so what? I'm enjoying the hell out of the box right now, and when the new ATI card comes out (and after a few of you work the bugs out of it ;)), I'll go down and snag one.

I don't regret my decision one bit, and I'll end up with a better config (for me) in the end, anyway...

Put out a feeler or two on this forum, and it's possible you could have your box before the weekend.

Tom

GigaWire
Mar 12, 2003, 11:50 PM
ok, my order slated to arrive 3.13.2003, now shows 4.3.2003. this is insane! the only BTO option i have are an AE card and the second DVD/CD-RW drive. Oh yea, and my order was placed in January???!!??

I only found out when i checked my order status, so i haven't even received an e-mail yet. sneaky bastards.

Bear
Mar 13, 2003, 09:12 PM
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:53:12 -0800

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent Power Mac G4 Desktop order.

Earlier this week you may have received an email from us stating that your order would be shipping later than originally quoted, and you may have seen this on our order status site as well. We apologize that the updated lead time provided was in error. Your order for Apple's newest G4 desktop will ship only a few days later than originally anticipated. We want to assure you that we anticipate being able to ship your new G4 Desktop within the next 1-3 business days.

We apologize for any confusion this messaging might have caused. We are looking forward to getting the new Power Mac G4 in your hands as soon as possible. If you should have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Apple!
So based on this, my order should ship by Tuesday. I don't think I'm going to hold my breath.

synthetickittie
Mar 13, 2003, 11:50 PM
if it does I will be VERY VERY happy because it will mean apple wasnt all the far off with 6 weeks which they origanal gave you and all this should mean the exact same for my order...

synthetickittie
Mar 14, 2003, 07:21 AM
sign? could this been the first good sing Ive seen for BTO orders in a while... I just checked the apple shipping estimates like I allways do for both stock and BTo orders of the 1.42 from apple's site. Ok well I do remember for al this week it has been 2-5 days from stock orderes and 2-3 weeks for bto orders now I checked the stock order first it came up 7-10 days and my very first thought was dam that probably means since there are more delays on stock now there will be EVEN more on our BTO orders. So I then went to check a BTO order and it cam up ALSO 7-10 days. COULD this possible mean apple has now decided to stock just shipping stock orders and accually do first come first serve.. well I guees the only true answer will be if Bear gets his sent within the next 2 days and then if since I only ordered a week after him mine shouldnt be much longer of a wait.

Anecdoter
Mar 14, 2003, 08:11 AM
I'm still waiting for the ATI 9700 Pro. I wonder if Apple is holding this card back because they are worried about a flood of orders at a time when they can't seem to get a handle on the 1.42 backorders. Hopefully after Apple fufills all outstanding orders they will start offering the ATI card as a build to order option.

Off-Topic: ANyone having any problems with the 20" Cinema Display. On Apple's forums peple have been discussing an unusual problem with the USB hub in that display causing the system to go into an unexpected sleep. I am curious if anyone else is experencing this.

synthetickittie
Mar 14, 2003, 08:19 AM
well I have a 23inch one... yet cant tell you if any of it works at all yet because I dont have my mac yet, I only been able to look at it and admire the sweet thing so far

synthetickittie
Mar 15, 2003, 09:49 PM
ITS BEEN SHIPPED.. I repeat... ITS BEEN SHIPPED. I just got home from being out with friends and saw an e-mailk from apple and my heart jumped and then I relize I ordered an ipod yesterday and thought oh well its probably just that and then I saw it wasnt it said "cto 1.42 powermac"... now I was a cheap bastered and did free shipping so if these thing is sent from Cali then it'll take the full 5 days because I live all way on the other cost in boston. I did try changing it to 2day back 3 weeks ago but they told me it was to late. Anyways Im realy pumped right now and cant wait for my baby to get here and FINALLY be able to get off this dam windows thing.

meateater
Mar 16, 2003, 02:37 AM
syn when did you order yours????
im so envious!!! that means bears will ship on monday!!!!!still staring at the 23 inch and drinkin beer :( waiting for that email. guess im lucky i live in california itll take 2 days to get here.

gotohamish
Mar 16, 2003, 06:13 AM
Here's a query for you all then.

1) Place an order at the Apple Store, for say a Dual 1.42 and a Cinema Display and iPod, right after the Keynote last January.

2) This is your first computer/Mac.

So, you only get 90 days telephone support without AppleCare. Lets say, 60 days later your PowerMac arrives, and 35 days later you find you have problems with your display, but your phone support has run out.

Surely you should get max time on your warranty for such a situation.

Hope that made sense...

Bear
Mar 16, 2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by gotohamish
Here's a query for you all then.

1) Place an order at the Apple Store, for say a Dual 1.42 and a Cinema Display and iPod, right after the Keynote last January.

2) This is your first computer/Mac.

So, you only get 90 days telephone support without AppleCare. Lets say, 60 days later your PowerMac arrives, and 35 days later you find you have problems with your display, but your phone support has run out.

Surely you should get max time on your warranty for such a situation.

Hope that made sense...
AppleCare/Warranty start is based upon the ship date of the computer from Apple, not the order date.

So it doesn't matter how long a wait it is before it ships. Well it doesn't matter in terms of the warranty anyway.

Bear
Mar 16, 2003, 07:20 AM
syn when did you order yours????
im so envious!!! that means bears will ship on monday!!!!!still staring at the 23 inch and drinkin beer :( waiting for that email. guess im lucky i live in california itll take 2 days to get here.
There are two possible reasons I haven't gotten my ship notification yet.

The first is that I requested everything ship at the same time. That could take an extra day to gather everything up.

The other is that I ordered it with BlueTooth. ( believe synthetickittie ordered their machine without it.

Either way, I'm going to call Apple and nag them. Tell them that I know someone who ordered a CTO system a week after mine and they already have the ship notification.

Although if mine ships by when it is supposed ot (as of the last email by Apple) I'll have my system before synthetickittie as I paid for the 2 day shipping option.

synthetickittie
Mar 16, 2003, 09:02 AM
Bear.. I'd be gueesing the reason is because of the fact you have everything shipping at once(but only should be at most one more day) because I didnt do that and have everything else all ready here at my house. As for blue tooth accually I did order that and heres a list of what I have comming:

Dual 1.42GHz w/2MB L3
2.0GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM-4 DIMMs
120GB Ultra ATA-7200rpm
Super (DVD-R/CD-RW)
Combo (DVD/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium
None
None
56K Internal Modem
BlueTooth
None
Apple Pro Keyboard
Mac OS
Country Kit

synthetickittie
Mar 16, 2003, 09:04 AM
oh ya forgot to mention that you should be getting yours before me anyway because it did ship from cali and it should be here by friday and probably not earlier. From the e-mail apple sent me:

Shipped From:
F/G Distribution Center
Elk Grove, Ca 95758

Bear
Mar 16, 2003, 11:35 AM
oh ya forgot to mention that you should be getting yours before me anyway because it did ship from cali and it should be here by friday and probably not earlier. From the e-mail apple sent me:

Shipped From:
F/G Distribution Center
Elk Grove, Ca 95758
Well mines shipping from there [supposedly] and going to the east coast as well.

In addition to what you ordered, I ordered 2*180GB disks instead of the 120GB disk.

Mood: impatient

bigsea
Mar 17, 2003, 08:40 AM
I'm still waiting too-- I placed my order on 1/28/03 11:00 AM PST. The original ship date of 3/12/03 was moved (on 3/13/03) to 4/2/03. It's still showing 4/2/03 as of this morning.

I ordered the standard "Ultimate" configuration and added an Airport Extreme card.

Glad to hear someone's dual 1.42 shipped! Bet you're wishing you had paid for overnight service. :)

Funny to see you can order a stock dual 1.42 and get it shipped overnight from several retailers. It's obvious Apple shipped the bulk orders to retailers to get the inventory out and make their quarter-end number. Now they are just getting around to working on the BTOs. I think Apple is under some pressure to make the quarter-end number on 3/31/03 so maybe they will be able to get most of the early BTO machines out before the end of March.

synthetickittie
Mar 17, 2003, 05:53 PM
defintly weird that mine shipped if I have almot the exact same config as you and yours hasent when you ordered before me.

Glad to hear someone's dual 1.42 shipped! Bet you're wishing you had paid for overnight service.

defintly.. Im deing even more for it now that I know its on its way

synthetickittie
Mar 17, 2003, 05:57 PM
ok I just check the shipping progress on fedex's site yet again, something weird because nothing at all has happened... I mean over the weekend I was exspecting anything to hapen but its monday and still nothing.

The only thing it shows at all is:

Package information transmitted to FedEx 03/14/2003 23:54

Bear
Mar 17, 2003, 06:12 PM
ok I just check the shipping progress on fedex's site yet again, something weird because nothing at all has happened... I mean over the weekend I was exspecting anything to hapen but its monday and still nothing.

The only thing it shows at all is:

Package information transmitted to FedEx 03/14/2003 23:54
That is extremely possible. Fedex picks up Monday thru Friday. Near midnight Friday night would be after Fedex's pickup. You should see something more within a couple of hours. I'm not sure what time Fedex picks up from Apple, but it would be sometime in the evening (Pacific Time).

meateater
Mar 17, 2003, 08:00 PM
heard anything yet bear???? i keep hoping ill come home and have an email about shipping. but i think its wishfull thinking :(

synthetickittie
Mar 17, 2003, 08:21 PM
that fedex page has yet to change for me

meateater
Mar 17, 2003, 11:40 PM
fed ex ground is noy neer as detail as regular fed ex. dont worry its on its way, just fed ex snail mail!!!!!

synthetickittie
Mar 18, 2003, 12:14 PM
ok finally my fedex page has been updated and left CA this morning and it also says:

Estimated Delivery Date 03/22/2003

That is this saturday I believe... I didnt know fedex shipped to houses on saturdays or sundays. Now is this a mistake on the site or should I realy wait home this saturday for it? I mean I normally am out all of friday night and then all of saturday so I dont feel like stayin in all of saturday if its not realy comming, but I'll glady wait if it is. Ah now I feel like the wait is accually over because I know exactly when its going to be comming. But off topic a little but stange that my 10gb ipod that I ordered thursday night has still yet to ship.. I thought they were in stock?

ottonian
Mar 18, 2003, 01:38 PM
I am expecting my Dualie 1.42 to be shipped 1st of April. Waited forever for the 'avail soon' Radeon 9700 until I thought '**ck it!' and dove in. I am unattached from having the radeon now and will be quite happy with the Nvidia Ti. The bonus to waiting is that if the card is released before my box shipps, I can upgrade. In the meantime, it allows all new periferals etc. to arrive. Patience byte hoppers...

Bear
Mar 18, 2003, 07:38 PM
Current status of my order is that the [CTO] unit has been built.

The next stage is final test and packaging. That should happen soon supposedly.

How do I know this? Well sometimes you get a person at Apple who will look up the actually status as well as the "On or before date".

synthetickittie
Mar 18, 2003, 07:44 PM
lol bear.. I know what you mean every time I had called all they said was still looks like on or before 3/19 and I asked every time do you know any specifics like if its being built or not and I got the answer I have no way of knowing every time... but dam is it saturday yet?

And bear Im wishing you all the luck to get your quick as possible because I know Id be snapping if I was you

meateater
Mar 18, 2003, 08:17 PM
fed ex ground delivers on sat. i got my 23 inch on a sat. still waiting word on my unit. they dont tell me crap:(

Bear
Mar 19, 2003, 07:00 AM
On Apple's website, it now says "On or before 03/21/2003" which is changed from the 4/2 date that it had been bumped out to. I also got the following email from Apple late last night.

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent Power Mac G4 Desktop order.

We are very excited to be shipping the latest addition to our Desktop family. We are shipping customer orders in the order that they were received, and we anticipate shipping your new Power Mac G4 within the next 1-3 business days. We apologize that this is a few days later than recently quoted and apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it is shipped. If you cancel your order and it was paid for in advance, you will receive a prompt refund.

Please respond to this email and let us know if this revised shipping date is acceptable. If we do not hear from you or we cannot ship your order by the revised 1-3 business day quote above, we are required by federal law to cancel your order and issue a prompt refund for prepaid orders, and we will do so.

So even tho' I wasn't going to call Apple today, I guess I will and see if the order status has changed at all while letting them know that heck yes I still want it.

meateater
Mar 19, 2003, 06:23 PM
i just recieved an email telling me my unit will ship in 24-48 hours!!!!! well see, i hope i dont get screwed :)

synthetickittie
Mar 21, 2003, 09:07 PM
so its friday night... powermacs should be at my door tomorrow mornin. Finally getting my first mac, been waiting for about 2-3 years for this and finally get off this windows crap. I accually am going to clean my room for this (havent accually cleaned my room in a dam while, I mean come on Im a teen kid). the new next still has all my mac stuff covered up with blankets but less then 24 hours and it'll be commin off... dam I CAN NOT WAIT NOW.

meateater
Mar 22, 2003, 02:14 AM
my unit shipped tonight!!!!! i live in california so it should be here by tuesday. i need more beer!!!!:D

hangtime
Mar 22, 2003, 11:42 PM
I've been so busy that I haven't even removed it from the box! I ordered it back in early February, plus the shipping center is about 20 miles from my home. Has anyone else received theirs yet?

Bear
Mar 24, 2003, 03:20 PM
My system is here...plugged in, and running software update.

meateater
Mar 24, 2003, 06:46 PM
delivery date is tomorrow!!!!!! will drink beer all night in anticipation. i have my 500mb of xtra ram and my revolution 7.1 sound card ready to be installed by me :) then its party time!!!!!:D