PDA

View Full Version : Apple fixed Rev A G5 iMac PSU for free

blodwyn
Jul 17, 2006, 06:12 PM
My 18 month old Rev A G5 iMac was stone dead yesterday morning when I tried to wake it. No lights, no noises, no sign of life at all, so probably a power supply failure. It's obviously out of warranty and I didn't buy Applecare so I took it to the local Apple store genius bar for their verdict and they also thought it was most likely a power supply.

They called me back this morning (less than 24 hours) having fixed it with a new power supply. There was no charge for this fix as there is an extended free replacement program covering this part. So kudos to Apple and the Tigard store geniuses for a good support experience.

disconap
Jul 17, 2006, 08:24 PM
The Tigard store is awesome, those guys have done SO much free repair work for me. Back before I did ANY wireless networking, I once bought an Airport card from them just because I felt bad, as their tech had spent close to five hours on my laptop getting it back up and running and didn't charge me...

I haven't been to the downtown one yet, though, as I haven't needed to go to one recently and it just opened at the start of the year.

Dont Hurt Me
Jul 17, 2006, 08:27 PM
Apples a good company, enough said.

ironic23
Jul 17, 2006, 09:46 PM
My 18 month old Rev A G5 iMac was stone dead yesterday morning when I tried to wake it. No lights, no noises, no sign of life at all, so probably a power supply failure. It's obviously out of warranty and I didn't buy Applecare so I took it to the local Apple store genius bar for their verdict and they also thought it was most likely a power supply.

They called me back this morning (less than 24 hours) having fixed it with a new power supply. There was no charge for this fix as there is an extended free replacement program covering this part. So kudos to Apple and the Tigard store geniuses for a good support experience.

That's great. Hope my iMac G5 rev A doesn't have any problems. Any idea on how long this extension program is for?