PDA

View Full Version : Best Mac TV Tuner/video card?

MarkW19
Mar 8, 2003, 12:21 PM
I want to be able to view - fullscreen or in a window - TV from a digital TV tuner (PAL SCART).

It doesn't have to have a tuner on board as my digital set-top box has the tuner built in, just a SCART or 3-phono input and ability to display the images realtime fullscreen or in a window.

I'm looking for good quality - eyetv looks good, but it's only 320 res, anything that's nearer to DVD quality rather than "pretty good VHS" (describing the eyetv in a review I read). It can be PCI or USB/FW.

I'm on 10.2.4 with a G4 DP 867, 768 RAM.

Anyone any suggestions?

:)

Jaykay
Mar 8, 2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by MarkW19
I want to be able to view - fullscreen or in a window - TV from a digital TV tuner (PAL SCART).

It doesn't have to have a tuner on board as my digital set-top box has the tuner built in, just a SCART or 3-phono input and ability to display the images realtime fullscreen or in a window.

I'm looking for good quality - eyetv looks good, but it's only 320 res, anything that's nearer to DVD quality rather than "pretty good VHS" (describing the eyetv in a review I read). It can be PCI or USB/FW.

I'm on 10.2.4 with a G4 DP 867, 768 RAM.

Anyone any suggestions?

:)

Hey ill second that, id love one of those but i havent really had the time to look around for one.

Ill be watching this thread....

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Mar 8, 2003, 03:12 PM
You can buy a Formac Studio DV/TV.

http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters_studiodvtv

synthetickittie
Mar 8, 2003, 03:24 PM
---Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge---

Video Resolution

NTSC: Up to 720 x 480
PAL: Up to 720 x 576

anyone know what those two things stand for and how good rez that realy is?

Jaykay
Mar 8, 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by synthetickittie
---Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge---

Video Resolution

NTSC: Up to 720 x 480
PAL: Up to 720 x 576

anyone know what those two things stand for and how good rez that realy is?

That sucks, i have one and it only works half the time, not to mention you dont get any software with it. (and watching tv in imovie doesnt really appeal to me).