PDA

View Full Version : Membership Increase on Folding Team




Stelliform
Mar 9, 2003, 07:07 PM
As a new member, I wanted to congratulate you guys on spreading the word on folding for Team MacRumors! As the MacNN Site shows, (http://teamstats.macnn.com/fold/stats.php?TID=3446&page=b5) the bottom graph, there has been a significant increase in members in the last couple of weeks. Good job! :D

And alot of those members have rates over 10!
See MacNN Teamstats Site (http://teamstats.macnn.com/fold/stats.php?TID=3446&page=c5)



Mr. Anderson
Mar 9, 2003, 07:23 PM
Those stats pages are damn amazing - why do they have to do with MacNN? Its interesting to see how the other members around you are doing.

I was just passed by arn, and at the rate of his crunching, it looks like he's going to get away for good.

What are you using there arn?

D

bousozoku
Mar 9, 2003, 07:40 PM
The increase is a great change. I had not been folding for a team for quite a while. About this time last year, I joined, but there were only 75-85 of us then. It's great to see that anonymous has been moved down quite a bit along with those one timers. (It's sad to see one timers but some people don't have the patience and I can't blame them really.)

Stelliform
Mar 9, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Those stats pages are damn amazing - why do they have to do with MacNN?

D

I just wanted to give them credit for putting the page together. (Cuz they are pretty impressive and to give them some credit. . . . you know. . . because we out rank them an all.. . . :D)

MrMacMan
Mar 9, 2003, 09:20 PM
I could of sworn I posted this a good 5+ times... just not in a new thread or something.

Edit: At 41.76% mc68k aint doing anything to help this team at all. :rolleyes:

mc68k
Mar 9, 2003, 09:26 PM
i am really glad to see my % of overall output for the team go down, while the overall output for the team has gone way up.

even after adding 6 P4 1.4GHz PCs recently, my %age continues to decline. that is good news for the future of this team.

our overall output hasn't found it's settling point due to the fact that ppl are still joining, turning in their first WU, or finding more machines to fold on. i hope that our position continues to go up. it's been fun to see the team and the team output grow from <1000/wk and <30 members. glad to be a part of it. :)

Stelliform
Mar 9, 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mc68k


even after adding 6 P4 1.4GHz PCs recently,

I see your power at 99.2 Ghz! How many computers do you have running? You must have some computer labs out there....

Very impressive! Between you and Rower y'all make the team. Just hope y'all can keep them coming! :)

jethroted
Mar 9, 2003, 10:09 PM
I am happy to be doing my part! :) I hope to see more people other than stelliform race me to third position!

Stelliform
Mar 9, 2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
I am happy to be doing my part! :) I hope to see more people other than stelliform race me to third position!

Me to, since I really am not much of a challenge. (Your rate is about to break 100, and I am a measly 30. However, I still aspire to pass you all.... <insert evil laughter>)

Actually this is fun flexing computer muscle. And it is for a good cause. (and one that people can relate to more than SETI)

bousozoku
Mar 9, 2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by jethroted
I am happy to be doing my part! :) I hope to see more people other than stelliform race me to third position!

I can't race you there because my big machine is either 9th or 10th, depending on the day. :) I guess I'll just try to fight you off :D when you get here.

amnesiac1984
Mar 10, 2003, 04:58 AM
I've jsut rejoined the team after a while away, but now I have a dual 1 gig ddr I should do pretty well. I use the terminal app, how can I get it to automatically start folding when I boot Up?

jethroted
Mar 10, 2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by bousozoku
I can't race you there because my big machine is either 9th or 10th, depending on the day. :) I guess I'll just try to fight you off :D when you get here.

Good luck in battle my friend!:p

mc68k
Mar 10, 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by amnesiac1984
I use the terminal app, how can I get it to automatically start folding when I boot Up? i have some scripts that automate complete setup and folding @ reboot for DP and SP machines (terminal text version). they're on my iDisk with documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/mc68k

...i suppose i could prob combine it into one script. maybe when i have some more time.

enjoy

eyelikeart
Mar 10, 2003, 03:10 PM
:D I just joined in today...finally...

although I don't know quite what I was doing earlier...but duke helped me out there... ;)

Rower_CPU
Mar 10, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
:D I just joined in today...finally...

although I don't know quite what I was doing earlier...but duke helped me out there... ;)

'Bout damn time! ;)

Glad to have you aboard.

Skurn
Mar 10, 2003, 03:22 PM
Well, im sitting here waiting for my first WU to complete on my G3/400. This will take a while;)
Anyways, im glad to help at all.
Let's crunch those numbers!

Stelliform
Mar 10, 2003, 03:26 PM
I had someone mention this in a different thread. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21856)

beatle888
Originally posted by beatle888

ok off topic BUT

since two of the last three posters ask us to join in on folding....i think i'll give it a try. but are you guys sure it wont wear out my computer? i cant really afford to shorten its life. and are they good about not using your computer when your doing heavy processing?

:) Mabey the sigs are helping. :)

Stelliform
Mar 10, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman

Edit: At 41.76% mc68k aint doing anything to help this team at all. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to point out mc68k is down to 41.61 now.... And at the moment we are 400 points away from moving up another spot.....

And I talked a Friend into folding for MacRumors today. :) They don't have to be my points, I would just love for us to pass up LWD. :D

MrMacMan
Mar 10, 2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
I just wanted to point out mc68k is down to 41.61 now.... And at the moment we are 400 points away from moving up another spot.....

And I talked a Friend into folding for MacRumors today. :) They don't have to be my points, I would just love for us to pass up LWD. :D

Yes very soon we will be #37. don't get your hopes up for LWD tho, they browsed here and saw like one of my posts and suddenly recruited many member. :( Sorry guys. (don't flame me how was I supposto know?)

I'm glad many people see a use for there computers while away. Remember F@H only uses the spare CPU of your computer, it does not slow things like games or web browsing. :D I really can't believe people are still giving in there first WU. goodjob for the new people.
:D

Edit: SWEET JESUS!
http://statsman.org/folding2stats/html/10763_rate.gif

Stelliform
Mar 10, 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Yes very soon we will be #37. don't get your hopes up for LWD tho, they browsed here and saw like one of my posts and suddenly recruited many member. :( Sorry guys. (don't flame me how was I supposto know?)


I saw one of the LWD guys checking us out today. :) They are worried..... That is good.

Rower_CPU
Mar 10, 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Edit: SWEET JESUS!
http://statsman.org/folding2stats/html/10763_rate.gif

Don't worry about that. It's just the server making up for not counting the previous check-in. Everyone saw a big jump.

Stelliform:
I posted over a their forums last night. ;)

Stelliform
Mar 10, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

I posted over a their forums last night. ;)

Those guys are pretty good humored (http://www.littleblackdog.com/viewtopic.php?t=12938) . I would just love to pass them up and talk a little trash to them. :)

And if LWD is reading this, lookout! We are coming to get you!

MrMacMan
Mar 10, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Don't worry about that. It's just the server making up for not counting the previous check-in. Everyone saw a big jump.

Stelliform:
I posted over a their forums last night. ;)

LWD is not the only team thinking about this:
Scotttheking (over at MacNN):
The big question is, can we finally pass macrumors?

Answer: No. :D

Rower if there server didn't account for the units then why on the non-team based one does the progress show... image doesn't refresh with new numbers but the text does... weird. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stelliform
Those guys are pretty good humored (http://www.littleblackdog.com/viewtopic.php?t=12938) . I would just love to pass them up and talk a little trash to them. :)

And if LWD is reading this, lookout! We are coming to get you!

Shut up, we are not gaining what-so-ever.
Atleast let them think that.

szark
Mar 10, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I was just passed by arn, and at the rate of his crunching, it looks like he's going to get away for good.

What are you using there arn?

Ah HAH! The real reason why the site has been so slow lately!!! :D :D :D

howard
Mar 10, 2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by mc68k
i have some scripts that automate complete setup and folding @ reboot for DP and SP machines (terminal text version). they're on my iDisk with documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/mc68k

...i suppose i could prob combine it into one script. maybe when i have some more time.

enjoy

do you know how to do this on a pc? and how to keep it hidden on a pc?

LWD_JAmZSeSSioN
Mar 10, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
I saw one of the LWD guys checking us out today. :) They are worried..... That is good.

Could have been me. I didnt come worried, I find your forums to be pretty informative. Great job and keep up the good work. :cool:



Originally posted by Stelliform

And if LWD is reading this, lookout! We are coming to get you!

Come on up, could be fun;)

dstorey
Mar 10, 2003, 05:57 PM
What happened to the link to macrumors team folding on the front page? It's gone. I'm sure that thing helped kick off the membership push by getting people to notice us.

With all our recent new members do you think that we will out fold lwd or are we still behind in power? has the daily/weekly rate become steady yet or are we still waiting for a lot of new members to post their first units?

bousozoku
Mar 10, 2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by bousozoku
I can't race you there because my big machine is either 9th or 10th, depending on the day. :) I guess I'll just try to fight you off :D when you get here.

I know I have little chance. I think I'm the only one iwith a single machine in the top ten. I think everyone else has multiple machines contributing to their scores. Even though I'll feel sad, it'll be better for the team.

mc68k
Mar 10, 2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
I just wanted to point out mc68k is down to 41.61 now....ha. if it helps you guys to fold more, then bring me down some more!

MrMacMan
Mar 10, 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by dstorey
What happened to the link to macrumors team folding on the front page? It's gone. I'm sure that thing helped kick off the membership push by getting people to notice us.

With all our recent new members do you think that we will out fold lwd or are we still behind in power? has the daily/weekly rate become steady yet or are we still waiting for a lot of new members to post their first units?

Quickly hop into the 'spam arn to put it back up-mobile' ;)
No really... I thought that was pretty damn good. why did he take it off? :(

Some people haven't given there first WU yet so look out... we are still increasing. :)
I heard someone has 2 '70' work units on there dual (sorry didn't look back for name). So people still have some units to give. :)

Stats man lagged or something yesterday with the 0 - huge jump picture thing :rolleyes: So they aren't accurate right now. But we aren't beating them yesterday/today.
all I know is I should dump my little unit tommorow. ;)

Stelliform
Mar 10, 2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by LWD_JAmZSeSSioN
Could have been me. I didnt come worried, I find your forums to be pretty informative. Great job and keep up the good work. :cool:



Yeah it was you.. . :D Just messin with y'all! :p

<And you can admit if you are worried. We won't tell anybody. ;)>