Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
As a new member, I wanted to congratulate you guys on spreading the word on folding for Team MacRumors! As the MacNN Site shows, the bottom graph, there has been a significant increase in members in the last couple of weeks. Good job! :D

And alot of those members have rates over 10!
See MacNN Teamstats Site

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Those stats pages are damn amazing - why do they have to do with MacNN? Its interesting to see how the other members around you are doing.

I was just passed by arn, and at the rate of his crunching, it looks like he's going to get away for good.

What are you using there arn?

D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
The increase is a great change. I had not been folding for a team for quite a while. About this time last year, I joined, but there were only 75-85 of us then. It's great to see that anonymous has been moved down quite a bit along with those one timers. (It's sad to see one timers but some people don't have the patience and I can't blame them really.)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
Those stats pages are damn amazing - why do they have to do with MacNN?

D

I just wanted to give them credit for putting the page together. (Cuz they are pretty impressive and to give them some credit. . . . you know. . . because we out rank them an all.. . . :D)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i am really glad to see my % of overall output for the team go down, while the overall output for the team has gone way up.

even after adding 6 P4 1.4GHz PCs recently, my %age continues to decline. that is good news for the future of this team.

our overall output hasn't found it's settling point due to the fact that ppl are still joining, turning in their first WU, or finding more machines to fold on. i hope that our position continues to go up. it's been fun to see the team and the team output grow from <1000/wk and <30 members. glad to be a part of it. :)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by mc68k

even after adding 6 P4 1.4GHz PCs recently,

I see your power at 99.2 Ghz! How many computers do you have running? You must have some computer labs out there....

Very impressive! Between you and Rower y'all make the team. Just hope y'all can keep them coming! :)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by jethroted
I am happy to be doing my part! :) I hope to see more people other than stelliform race me to third position!

Me to, since I really am not much of a challenge. (Your rate is about to break 100, and I am a measly 30. However, I still aspire to pass you all.... <insert evil laughter>)

Actually this is fun flexing computer muscle. And it is for a good cause. (and one that people can relate to more than SETI)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by jethroted
I am happy to be doing my part! :) I hope to see more people other than stelliform race me to third position!

I can't race you there because my big machine is either 9th or 10th, depending on the day. :) I guess I'll just try to fight you off :D when you get here.

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
I've jsut rejoined the team after a while away, but now I have a dual 1 gig ddr I should do pretty well. I use the terminal app, how can I get it to automatically start folding when I boot Up?

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Originally posted by bousozoku
I can't race you there because my big machine is either 9th or 10th, depending on the day. :) I guess I'll just try to fight you off :D when you get here.

Good luck in battle my friend!:p

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by amnesiac1984
I use the terminal app, how can I get it to automatically start folding when I boot Up?
i have some scripts that automate complete setup and folding @ reboot for DP and SP machines (terminal text version). they're on my iDisk with documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/mc68k

...i suppose i could prob combine it into one script. maybe when i have some more time.

enjoy

Skurn

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2003
Coming onboard

Well, im sitting here waiting for my first WU to complete on my G3/400. This will take a while;)
Anyways, im glad to help at all.
Let's crunch those numbers!

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
I had someone mention this in a different thread.

beatle888
Originally posted by beatle888

ok off topic BUT

since two of the last three posters ask us to join in on folding....i think i'll give it a try. but are you guys sure it wont wear out my computer? i cant really afford to shorten its life. and are they good about not using your computer when your doing heavy processing?

:) Mabey the sigs are helping. :)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by MrMacman

Edit: At 41.76% mc68k aint doing anything to help this team at all. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to point out mc68k is down to 41.61 now.... And at the moment we are 400 points away from moving up another spot.....

And I talked a Friend into folding for MacRumors today. :) They don't have to be my points, I would just love for us to pass up LWD. :D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Stelliform
I just wanted to point out mc68k is down to 41.61 now.... And at the moment we are 400 points away from moving up another spot.....

And I talked a Friend into folding for MacRumors today. :) They don't have to be my points, I would just love for us to pass up LWD. :D

Yes very soon we will be #37. don't get your hopes up for LWD tho, they browsed here and saw like one of my posts and suddenly recruited many member. :( Sorry guys. (don't flame me how was I supposto know?)

I'm glad many people see a use for there computers while away. Remember F@H only uses the spare CPU of your computer, it does not slow things like games or web browsing. :D I really can't believe people are still giving in there first WU. goodjob for the new people.
:D

Edit: SWEET JESUS!
10763_rate.gif

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Yes very soon we will be #37. don't get your hopes up for LWD tho, they browsed here and saw like one of my posts and suddenly recruited many member. :( Sorry guys. (don't flame me how was I supposto know?)

I saw one of the LWD guys checking us out today. :) They are worried..... That is good.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Edit: SWEET JESUS!
10763_rate.gif

Don't worry about that. It's just the server making up for not counting the previous check-in. Everyone saw a big jump.

Stelliform:
I posted over a their forums last night. ;)

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Those guys are pretty good humored . I would just love to pass them up and talk a little trash to them. :)

And if LWD is reading this, lookout! We are coming to get you!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Don't worry about that. It's just the server making up for not counting the previous check-in. Everyone saw a big jump.

Stelliform:

LWD is not the only team thinking about this:
Scotttheking (over at MacNN):
The big question is, can we finally pass macrumors?

Answer: No. :D

Rower if there server didn't account for the units then why on the non-team based one does the progress show... image doesn't refresh with new numbers but the text does... weird. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stelliform
Those guys are pretty good humored . I would just love to pass them up and talk a little trash to them. :)

And if LWD is reading this, lookout! We are coming to get you!

Shut up, we are not gaining what-so-ever.
Atleast let them think that.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by dukestreet
I was just passed by arn, and at the rate of his crunching, it looks like he's going to get away for good.

What are you using there arn?

Ah HAH! The real reason why the site has been so slow lately!!! :D :D :D

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
Originally posted by mc68k
i have some scripts that automate complete setup and folding @ reboot for DP and SP machines (terminal text version). they're on my iDisk with documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/mc68k

...i suppose i could prob combine it into one script. maybe when i have some more time.

enjoy

do you know how to do this on a pc? and how to keep it hidden on a pc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.