PDA

View Full Version : remote apple events controlling itunes

trainguy77
Jul 25, 2006, 03:15 PM
How would I got about using Remote Apple Events to control itunes? Is there a good web-page that covers this? I will be writing in objective-C with cocoa.

trainguy77
Jul 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
I figured out how to execute applescript commands remotely. Now how do I execute applescript in cocoa? I am pretty new to the whole objective C and cocoa thing.(You can probably tell)

Counterfit
Jul 25, 2006, 11:01 PM
I recommend lethal injection, less mess.

slooksterPSV
Jul 26, 2006, 08:10 AM
I figured out how to execute applescript commands remotely. Now how do I execute applescript in cocoa? I am pretty new to the whole objective C and cocoa thing.(You can probably tell)
Read,read, read, read, read and read more documentation. If it were me doing it, I'd probably compile applescripts into apps and have the app just execute those apps, but that can be bad if all you see when clicking buttons is bouncing icons.

How about... a Cocoa book - Cocoa Programming in Mac OS X by Aaron Hillegass. Um... I'll research into this.

trainguy77
Jul 26, 2006, 01:02 PM
Well I got it sorted out. What I am doing, is you create an applescript application and then you can connect scripts in IB. Runs like a charm.
However the application i was going to write a decent version was just started: http://www.delicioussuite.com/technology/deliciousfun/applications/remote_itunes.html

I am going to help out where I can with that, making it more and more like itunes. But thanks for the help.:D