PDA

View Full Version : Xserve dual 1.33GHz: waiting...

Rower_CPU
Mar 10, 2003, 08:27 PM
Anyone else out there in MacRumorsland waiting for Apple to start shipping the new Xserves?

We've got one coming in at work in "late March" according to Apple shipping schedule, and I'm frothing at the mouth already. :D

MrMacMan
Mar 10, 2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Anyone else out there in MacRumorsland waiting for Apple to start shipping the new Xserves?

We've got one coming in at work in "late March" according to Apple shipping schedule, and I'm frothing at the mouth already. :D

That is gonna be one sweet machine.

You putting it to fold when it gets tired. :D

Mr. Anderson
Mar 10, 2003, 09:03 PM
Like rower needs any more machines....:D

With the current 970 rumors, you a little concerned?

D

Rower_CPU
Mar 10, 2003, 09:07 PM
Well, since it's going to be our main web/file server, no folding.

It's gonna be running PHP/MySQL stuff, streaming video, etc. and I don't want to slow it down. Although, our bandwidth is the real limiting factor at this point (only 100 Mbit :( )...

Rower_CPU
Mar 10, 2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Like rower needs any more machines....:D

With the current 970 rumors, you a little concerned?

D

Nah, I'm not concerned for a couple of reasons:

1) We barely got the money in for the purchase with the budget being what it is. Later there is less likelihood of getting the funding.

2) We needed the new server last year already, so a delay doesn't save us anything in that respect either.

Besides, as we all know, the 970s are nothing but a rumor until they get announced by Steve. ;)

iShater
Mar 11, 2003, 03:16 PM
Well, since it's going to be our main web/file server, no folding.

It's gonna be running PHP/MySQL stuff, streaming video, etc. and I don't want to slow it down. Although, our bandwidth is the real limiting factor at this point (only 100 Mbit :( )...

Only? :p

Try using my bandwidth, 28.8k tops! Friggin SBC! :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
Mar 11, 2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by iShater
Only? :p

Try using my bandwidth, 28.8k tops! Friggin SBC! :rolleyes:

Are you running a server on that? :eek: :p

iShater
Mar 11, 2003, 03:43 PM
Are you running a server on that? :eek: :p

hehehe

it would be interesting if I tried eh? I am almost tempted to get a T1 in the house to get broadband! :rolleyes: