PDA

View Full Version : WWDC Rumors: Banner Images, Leopard Preview

Pages : [1] 2

MacRumors
Aug 3, 2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

As WWDC approaches, a number of images (mostly fake) and last minute speculation continue to emerge. The most notable tidbits:

- Robert Scoble (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/robert-scoble-says-there-will-be-a-dizzying-amount-of-new-products-at-wwdc-191572.php) claims that Apple is "readying a dizzying amount of new products" reportedly based on inside information. (previous claim (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/02/20030218034443.shtml)).

- A WWDC Banner photo (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060803110323.shtml) (mirror (http://guides.macrumors.com/Image:Wwdc2006.jpg)) has been revealed, showing off the usual development icons. No clear new announcements have been revealed, but Apple is prominently displaying the "64-bit" emblem.

- It appears that Apple will be distributing a Leopard Preview build to developers at WWDC. Apple has already posted (http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/QTNoStepsDemo/index.html) some sample code with the Build Requirement: "Leopard Preview".

- More iPhone images (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060802215346.shtml) and movies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v520U3vS2iI)) (both likely fake).

twoodcc
Aug 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
i can't wait!! all this excitement is killing me!!!!

let's just hope something is true at least

spicyapple
Aug 3, 2006, 02:15 PM
MacBook Pro in black?

What are those 4 blue dots represent in this picture? (http://greaterstuff.com/google/perspectivefixed.jpg)

comictimes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:17 PM
ugh if that phone in movie is real I might die... SO ugly

DJMastaWes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:19 PM
Man.. So many thing.

Well, atleast if it's not at WWDC, those things are likely to appear soon.
I'm Corssing my fingers, praying everynight that New designed MacBook Pro with Merom comes out.
If that's all that comes out at WWDC, i'll be happy. I'll be happy if it's annouced and does not ship for a while too.

DJMastaWes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:20 PM
MacBook Pro in black?

What are those 4 blue dots represent in this picture? (http://greaterstuff.com/google/perspectivefixed.jpg)

Xgrid.

p0intblank
Aug 3, 2006, 02:20 PM
This is such an exciting time for Mac users. :D

spicyapple, what blue dots?

britishempire
Aug 3, 2006, 02:27 PM
If there's going to be a preview release at WWDC, does that not mean that we could seeing a full release very soon? As in, later this year?

Guitar geek
Aug 3, 2006, 02:28 PM
Woohoo! WWDC in just a few more days finally. Hmm, wonder why half of the MBP is covered up at the far right. Hopefully something good is behind that.

britishempire
Aug 3, 2006, 02:31 PM

yeah, and it's way too long to be a proper mobile phone.

I really hope we don't get all excited expecting an apple phone and all it turns out to be is a remote for iChat.

crees!
Aug 3, 2006, 02:31 PM
ugh if that phone in movie is real I might die... SO ugly Nah, it looks like a glossy piece of paper with stickers put on it. Though the ad does look real to me. Video.. not real. But then the video questions if the ad is real... hmm.

johnbro23
Aug 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
This is such an exciting time for Mac users. :D

spicyapple, what blue dots?
The blue dots on a silver platter looking thing. A couple posts up, someone claims its xgrid. Not really sure what xgrid is...

amols
If that iPhone is true, then it would be the ugliest product released by Apple in a long time. What's next...a Pippin 2 Perhaps..

ampd
I cant wait to buy my first mac this monday... I don't actually have the money but I do have my credit card to take care of that...I wonder if the mac pros will be ready to ship monday or will there be a delay until the start shipping...If there is a delay I hope they hold off chargin my card so I can actually pay my credit bill in full instead of getting the wonderful interest added on....Any ideas?

cjpadlock
Aug 3, 2006, 02:39 PM
Guys and Girls,

That clearly is not a Black Macbook Pro there, unless there coming out with 13.3 inch Macbook Pro's then it is a Macbook. This could mean that we will be seeing an upgraded Macbook (Pro / Non) introduced monday most likely with the Core 2 Duo mobile. Also, in the picture, it really looks like it has a backlit keyboard. If it does, I will be waiting for that to ship before I buy my Macbook.

tinydancer
Aug 3, 2006, 02:39 PM
when is leopard set to offically release? anyone know?

iGary
Aug 3, 2006, 02:40 PM
In addition to my promise to run around naked and post the video to the Internet if iMac gets Conroe, I will do the same if they introduce a phone at WWDC.

Not happening.

Eidorian
Aug 3, 2006, 02:41 PM
In addition to my promise to run around naked and post the video to the Internet if iMac gets Conroe, I will do the same if they introduce a phone at WWDC.

Not happening.I actually remember you mentioning that. I should have screen capped that post. :rolleyes:

Raid
Aug 3, 2006, 02:42 PM
Monday is a civic holiday for me and my fellow Canadians.... I might check out the Apple store at the Eaton's Centre to 1) see if they are open, and 2) to see if they'll be broadcasting the keynote live! :)

The iPhone pictures to me look like a photoshop hack of a nano, I just got a SLVR myself a few months ago, but I'll be curious to see what the iPhone features are when(if?) it comes out at the WWDC.

DJMastaWes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:44 PM
I posted this in another thread.. but no answer so...

What time do you guys think the Keynote and new products will be on Apple.com (San Fran time)

zweigand
Aug 3, 2006, 02:44 PM
I'm excited ...steve-o is giving me a keynote for my birthday! :D

deputy_doofy
Aug 3, 2006, 02:46 PM
I am psyched. I've been itching to replace my PB 12" for close to a year - NOT because I NEED to, but because I want to. Therefore, when the updated MBP's with Merom are released, it WAS worth the wait (to me).

Credit card ready...

iGary
Aug 3, 2006, 02:47 PM
I actually remember you mentioning that. I should have screen capped that post. :rolleyes:

Not like anyone would want to see me run around my complex naked, but I don't think we will ever see a phone out of Apple, especially at WWDC.

And no Conroe in iMac. Evar. ;)

macfreek57
is it just me or is that an aluminum cased ipod nano?

FF_productions
I posted this in another thread.. but no answer so...

What time do you guys think the Keynote and new products will be on Apple.com (San Fran time)

I'm hearing it will be on Apple.com about 2 hours after the keynote.

Arquelis
Aug 3, 2006, 02:48 PM
Why isn't the new DVD design for leopard not mentioned in the news article?

Well I like it :)

DJMastaWes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:48 PM
I'm hearing it will be on Apple.com about 2 hours after the keynote.
2 hours after it starts? or after it's done?
I hope after it starts.
It should really be live.

JackSYi
Aug 3, 2006, 02:49 PM
OMG, if a black MBP is released, I'm gonna hit my pants.

FF_productions
Aug 3, 2006, 02:49 PM
2 hours after it starts? or after it's done?
I hope after it starts.
It should really be live.

After it's done I presume.

DJMastaWes
Aug 3, 2006, 02:50 PM
After it's done I presume.
That sucks.. that's like around 5:00PM my time.

slu
Aug 3, 2006, 02:51 PM
That "thing" in the movie could not look more fake. It looks like a bad prop from a high school play.

Arquelis
Aug 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
Well the mac pro will look just like the power mac G5

kalisphoenix
Aug 3, 2006, 02:52 PM
Why isn't the new DVD design for leopard not mentioned in the news article?

Well I like it :)

That's pretty hot.

I'm puzzled by the brushed metal iPod. I'm puzzled, specifically, that they would put images of products to be announced at the Keynote on the banner, because it seems like it'd rob the Stevenote of a bit of power.

Definitely enthusiastic, though.

FF_productions
Aug 3, 2006, 02:53 PM
I really want to see how Leopard is going to turn out. There has been so much hype surrounding WWDC, I really hope WWDC is as good as everyone rumors it to be.

There have been way too many posts on WWDC...It's making me sick..

A Banner isn't going to give away SQUAT! We must wait until the keynote and any other possible leaks hours before the keynote to actually know what happens.

Arquelis
Aug 3, 2006, 02:55 PM
Is that a leopard in the reflection of the X of the disk?

FF_productions
Aug 3, 2006, 02:57 PM
Is that a leopard in the reflection of the X of the disk?

It represents leopard yes...nothing to be excited about...Apple told everyone that they were going to preview Leopard..the banner doesn't give anything away.

Arquelis
Aug 3, 2006, 03:01 PM
It represents leopard yes...nothing to be excited about...Apple told everyone that they were going to preview Leopard..the banner doesn't give anything away.

I was just talking about the design, not about product hints. :) The spots already gave away it was leopard, but I was talking about the reflection.

Is OSX going to get an optional Black skin? (for the new black macbooks) Since Tiger had an alluminium X?

Stridder44
Aug 3, 2006, 03:03 PM
As far as the iPhone goes, it looks a hell of a lot more believable than all the other potential "iPhones" around the internet.You guys are all screaming "fake" and "terrible design" which makes me think back to when the "MacBook" and "MBP" names were circulating around...and the switch to Intel.....and the switch to intel integrated graphics. Then when it turned out to be real you whined like a bunch of children, began to accept it, and now you love it (minus the integrated graphics.....even it's own mother hates it).

Tab
Aug 3, 2006, 03:04 PM
NEWSFLASH: The iPod Nano and Blackbook are exactly the same. This banner contains nothing new. You guys are seeing things.

Stridder44
Aug 3, 2006, 03:05 PM

Im holding that to you.

ccunning
Aug 3, 2006, 03:05 PM
The blue dots on a silver platter looking thing. A couple posts up, someone claims its xgrid. Not really sure what xgrid is...
http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/xgrid.html You can see the icon about halfway down the page.

szark
Aug 3, 2006, 03:06 PM
Is OSX going to get an optional Black skin? (for the new black macbooks) Since Tiger had an alluminium X?

Well, the design of the Tiger DVDs at WWDC 2004 didn't indicate much about Tiger, and weren't even the final DVD design.

I just hope they try to stabilize on one UI design, instead of continually adding another new "exception" every year. (Unless, of course, they add full skinning capability. I highly doubt that will happen with 10.5, though.)

Not happening.

You probably should have said: "...if they introduce an Apple phone at WWDC." Because if they introduce another new Motorola phone, it will satisfy your stated requirements. ;)

one3
Aug 3, 2006, 03:10 PM

Ya, it doesn't have a nice 'Apple' look to it.

This is a concept drawing I did a while back .... I'm hoping the Apple Phone is more like this ... but I doubt it.

http://www.applepete.com/concepts/images/ipdo2.jpg

kalisphoenix
Aug 3, 2006, 03:10 PM
NEWSFLASH: The iPod Nano and Blackbook are exactly the same. This banner contains nothing new. You guys are seeing things.

You're right, after I look closely at this image. Dunno how it seemed so clearly brushed metal to me before.

psycho bob
Aug 3, 2006, 03:12 PM
The banner is just a collection of current Apple products all the photos are available in the press section of their website. What I don't understand though is if WWDC is going to promo a load of new products why have a banner that is going to be completely out of date? :confused:

Wouldn't it be better to highlight items that will remain or just make it generic. Why not keep it hidden like previous years until the day of the conference.

Who wants to bet nothing new looking at all will be announced just new technology in the same old cases! ;)

kalisphoenix
Aug 3, 2006, 03:15 PM
What I don't understand though is if WWDC is going to promo a load of new products why have a banner that is going to be completely out of date? :confused:

Indeed. That PM might be fairly passé by the end of the Stevenote.

swindmill
Aug 3, 2006, 03:17 PM
I don't think those iPhone shots are real, and I'm not all that hopeful that a phone will be released on Monday, but if an Apple phone is released I will be as excited as I have ever been for an Apple release. Just imagine the syncing perfection and coolness factor.

mulletman13
Aug 3, 2006, 03:32 PM
... I think it's safe to assume the 'Mac Pro' is not getting a case redesign. It says 64 bit on the poster -- that is new, so we can assume everything else on the poster is up to date.

BlizzardBomb
Ya, it doesn't have a nice 'Apple' look to it.

This is a concept drawing I did a while back .... I'm hoping the Apple Phone is more like this ... but I doubt it.

http://www.applepete.com/concepts/images/ipdo2.jpg

You've obviously missed the most important part of these concepts! *Notes Steve Jobs' number*

I actually remember you mentioning that. I should have screen capped that post.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2462394&highlight=iMacs+Conroe#post2462394

Flowbee
Don't forget about the Mac Pro Cube (http://macprocube.com/). :D

starnox
Aug 3, 2006, 03:34 PM
They need to really shock people with this keynote, to restore our confidence after the disaster that was the last presentation.

Stridder44
Aug 3, 2006, 03:36 PM
They need to really shock people with this keynote, to restore our confidence after the disaster that was the last presentation.

??

crudsponge
Aug 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
If Boot Camp is supposed to be one of the biggest new features, where is identification of it on the poster?
I see on the Far Left Top corner 'Universal' but not boot camp. I finf this strange.
Does that Universal Logo mean more then just PowerPC+MacIntel? Maybe Mac+PC? 'virtualization'?

aswitcher
Aug 3, 2006, 03:38 PM
You're right, after I look closely at this image. Dunno how it seemed so clearly brushed metal to me before.

Agreed, nothing new here.

Sky Blue
Aug 3, 2006, 03:39 PM
If Boot Camp is supposed to be one of the biggest new features, where is identification of it on the poster?
I see on the Far Left Top corner 'Universal' but not boot camp. I finf this strange.
Does that Universal Logo mean more then just PowerPC+MacIntel? Maybe Mac+PC? 'virtualization'?

The banner is current products (other than the Tiger disc) and is being waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over analysed.

Aug 3, 2006, 03:41 PM
One thing is true...the WWDC pic is DEFINITELY real.

CJM
Aug 3, 2006, 03:42 PM

Not happening.

Not that I want to see you naked or anything, but I really want a Conroe iMac. Been putting off the intel iMacs for 8 months waiting for this update.

danielwsmithee
Aug 3, 2006, 03:44 PM
Don't forget about the Mac Pro Cube (http://macprocube.com/). :DThat had me going as plausible until the whole wireless display connection.

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 03:45 PM
Looks like the Mac Pro, or what ever it's going to be called, doesn't get a new design.

crudsponge
correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't this WWDC really going to Promot 'Leopard'. Which would invlove promoting the new features of Leopard?
What's the point of promoting features of Tiger.

I do think it's real. Like everyone though, I looked to identify all the icons, to see if I caught something new. Boot Camp is basically one of the biggest features that we know will be in Leopard, and basied solely off This poster... nothing mentioned about Boot Camp. I just found that interesting.

Not that I want to see you naked or anything, but I really want a Conroe iMac. Been putting off the intel iMacs for 8 months waiting for this update.

My iMac G5 is great, thanks very much...I would prefer an improved MB with better GPU and a Core 2 Duo inside...this would make me burn some Swiss Francs at once, hehehe..! :rolleyes:

BlizzardBomb
Aug 3, 2006, 03:51 PM
??

I think he's referring to the "Fun, New products" event. That wasn't a disaster at all though, it was forum people predicting MacBooks, Mac Pros, new iPods blah blah blah. As predicted the Mac Mini was transitioned and the iPod got a Hi-Fi, but everyone else wanted more.

weitzner
Aug 3, 2006, 03:53 PM
I must say that I hope the developers get a preview copy of Leopard... seeing as I'm going :D

mdntcallr
Aug 3, 2006, 03:53 PM
well aside from the obvious items for refreshing/new products:
Mac Pro (towers)
Mac Mini (a lil more there for the $$)
Macbook Pro (merom Processor + faster GPU maybe new body)
xServe (well needs Intel power)

I would LOVE to get a lil ole Apple made Airplane/Auto power adapter for the Macsafe power of portables.

Why is it taking so long for this?

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 03:54 PM
The banner is current products (other than the Tiger disc) and is being waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over analysed.

You are right!

Nothing new here!

I'm really looking forward to see what's happening on 10th August, even if I am not in the market for new gear, except for a new iPod.

A week to go. Nice.

crudsponge
Aug 3, 2006, 03:59 PM
Oh ya... he's something cheesie... this has been on my mind for a while. In january, Steve demoed GarageBand and showed how to make PodCast. He did that fake podcast and said 'Hi this is steve, and this is my Super secret apple PodCast' then he proceded to make jokes about the next iPod... he said the next iPod coming out would have a 10 inch screen and weigh 8 pounds.
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

Remember 2 years ago when Jobs demoed Spotlight... he searched for 'Paris' then searched for iMac. Sure enough... the iMac G5 was released at Paris.

I just thought that was interesting.

Catfish_Man
Aug 3, 2006, 04:00 PM
I have it on relatively good authority that they change the banner after the keynote. Seems ridiculous to me though.

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 04:01 PM
Oh ya... he's something cheesie... this has been on my mind for a while. In january, Steve demoed GarageBand and showed how to make PodCast. He did that fake podcast and said 'Hi this is steve, and this is my Super secret apple PodCast' then he proceded to make jokes about the next iPod... he said the next iPod coming out would have a 10 inch screen and weigh 8 pounds.
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

Remember 2 years ago when Jobs demoed Spotlight... he searched for 'Paris' then searched for iMac. Sure enough... the iMac G5 was released at Paris.

HAHA, priceless.

That would be really nice.

How come, you remember stuff like this?

CJM
Aug 3, 2006, 04:02 PM
You are right!

Nothing new here!

I'm really looking forward to see what's happening on 10th August, even if I am not in the market for new gear, except for a new iPod.

A week to go. Nice.

The 10th? What happens on the 10th? *glares hungrily*

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 04:03 PM
The 10th? What happens on the 10th? *glares hungrily*
when is the keynote?

p0intblank
Aug 3, 2006, 04:06 PM
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

That's pretty cool. But one thing... 8/10 is Thursday, not Tuesday. And the keynote is given on Monday, the 7th.

CJM
Aug 3, 2006, 04:07 PM
On Tuesday, the 7th :P

p0intblank
Aug 3, 2006, 04:07 PM

Grrr, you people need to use your calendar Widgets more... Tuesday is the 8th!

:p

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 04:08 PM

So, 7th or 8th?

shawnce
Aug 3, 2006, 04:11 PM
So, 7th or 8th?

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedules/monday_am.html

doowrehs
It's normally a silvery/metal color isn't it? - yet it's highlighted orange on the banner... I did a quick Google search and the only other image I could find featuring a similar orange icon is this one:

http://www.bergie.iki.fi/midcom-serveattachmentguid-98144d9ca390f9ff849b5747d4621ef9/dangerous-isync-merge.jpg

I've never really used iSync though, so don't know what all this means or whether there are actually orange versions of the icon found within the app. Anyone care to shed any light?

ampd
So, 7th or 8th?

Monday Aug. 7th

Tymmz
Aug 3, 2006, 04:12 PM
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedules/monday_am.html

Thank you.

ampd
Aug 3, 2006, 04:15 PM
When new products are released in a keynote like the one coming up, are they normally ready to ship?

peharri
Aug 3, 2006, 04:17 PM
The only thing interesting in the above is the "64". I suspect it doesn't just mean "64 bit Intel chips in the Mac Pro and Xserve", but probably also relates to Leopard. If Leopard does have significant support for 64 bit addressing spaces etc, I wonder if that'll be on both the G5 and the ia64 versions?

BTW, even if I believed that Apple was going to come out with an Apple cellphone (and I don't (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2674706&postcount=359), I've never seen so many people absolutely convinced of the existance of an unlikely product.), WWDC would unquestionably be a bad place to announce it. If you believe such a thing exists, wait for an appropriate consumer-oriented show or a special event.

Edit: Of course, the "64" could just mean that they're finally going to announce the PowerBook G5!

cait-sith
Aug 3, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'm so lucky.. they announce all their new goodies on monday, and then on tuesday it's my birthday. :D

monsterinawc
Aug 3, 2006, 04:24 PM
on the banner, there is a laptop looking object to the right of the powermac where the screen is taller than the base
it looks kinda suspicious to me

guffman
Aug 3, 2006, 04:28 PM
on the banner, there is a laptop looking object to the right of the powermac where the screen is taller than the base
it looks kinda suspicious to me

it's called a macbook....:rolleyes:

bommai
Aug 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
The only thing interesting in the above is the "64". I suspect it doesn't just mean "64 bit Intel chips in the Mac Pro and Xserve", but probably also relates to Leopard. If Leopard does have significant support for 64 bit addressing spaces etc, I wonder if that'll be on both the G5 and the ia64 versions?

Minor nitpick. I believe ia64 stands for the Itanium architecture not the 64-bit version of x86 architecture. EM64T is then name for the x86-64.

ampd
Aug 3, 2006, 04:32 PM
it's called a macbook....:rolleyes:

people are not understanding that ALL products on the banner have already been released...

direzz
Aug 3, 2006, 04:36 PM
Monday is a civic holiday for me and my fellow Canadians.... I might check out the Apple store at the Eaton's Centre to 1) see if they are open, and 2) to see if they'll be broadcasting the keynote live! :)

The iPhone pictures to me look like a photoshop hack of a nano, I just got a SLVR myself a few months ago, but I'll be curious to see what the iPhone features are when(if?) it comes out at the WWDC.

haha yaaa yoo lmaoo

im canadian and im soo gonna check out the apple store, but yorkdale one.

SpookTheHamster
Aug 3, 2006, 04:40 PM
Not like anyone would want to see me run around my complex naked, but I don't think we will ever see a phone out of Apple, especially at WWDC.

And no Conroe in iMac. Evar. ;)

I also doubt we'll be seeing a phone, but anything's possible with Apple.

Nobody was really expecting this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500), remember?

4God
Aug 3, 2006, 04:40 PM

Not happening.

So, if Apple does both, will you then make 2 separate videos? Or will it be one with you and a friend? :D

firsttube
Aug 3, 2006, 04:43 PM
people are not understanding that ALL products on the banner have already been released...

aside from leopard.

rockthecasbah
Aug 3, 2006, 04:44 PM
i agree that the banner is made of all current products, but with the larger Power Mac case it worries me that there will not be a redesign this time around for the casing :(

joeboy_45101
Aug 3, 2006, 04:47 PM
Hmmm...... If you look closely at the banner photo you'll see the "64-bit" logo is awfully close to the photo of the iMac. The current Intel iMacs are not 64-bit since the Core Duo (1) processers are 32-bit. Could this mean that the iMacs are going to get the new Core Duo 2 processers, which just happen to be 64-bit.

Same goes for the MacBook Pros

ampd
Aug 3, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hmmm...... If you look closely at the banner photo you'll see the "64-bit" logo is awfully close to the photo of the iMac. The current Intel iMacs are not 64-bit since the Core Duo (1) processers are 32-bit. Could this mean that the iMacs are going to get the new Core Duo 2 processers, which just happen to be 64-bit.

Same goes for the MacBook Pros

I doubt it since this is the World Wide DEVELOPERS Conference...I wouldnt classify an imac as a developmental machine.

mulletman13
Aug 3, 2006, 04:53 PM
You guys are missing the point.

Obviously the '64-bit' refers to the fact that the new Apple machines are going to have a slot to plug in Nintendo 64 cartridges...

I thought that was a little obvious at this point but I guess I was wrong.

[/kidding]

shawnce
Aug 3, 2006, 04:55 PM
Minor nitpick. I believe ia64 stands for the Itanium architecture not the 64-bit version of x86 architecture. EM64T is then name for the x86-64.

Correct.

Mac Rules
Aug 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
I doubt it since this is the World Wide DEVELOPERS Conference...I wouldnt classify an imac as a developmental machine.

But surely if a 64-bit CPU is dropped in to the iMac and MBP, then they become DEVELOPER machines, as the majority of software out there is 32-bit natively... So the new software needs DEVELOPING? Just a thought...

Cheers

rcread
Aug 3, 2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF3BpbFI9c

treblah
Aug 3, 2006, 04:59 PM

Although they did give all the developers who 'rented' the 'Intel Development Kit' from WWDC '05 a Intel iMac when they were released in January. ;)

Also, kids, this is what we should be discussing:

Glass
Aug 3, 2006, 05:00 PM
haha yaaa yoo lmaoo

im canadian and im soo gonna check out the apple store, but yorkdale one.

That's not even an apple store.. it's a mini store.. :p I wish apple would build a real apple store in Canada !!

Stridder44
Aug 3, 2006, 05:01 PM

Nobody was really expecting this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500), remember?

THAT is exactly what Im talking about. All you people bitch and complain about new things/developments that Apple might be working on (and later announce) and at first you all hate it. Then you get used to it, and then one day you find you love it. I hope the iPhone does come out and you all hate it and it becomes a phenomenal success....the same case the iPod once faced. Same with the new names (MacBook). Same with the switch to Intel (now look how lucky we are). Same with the Intel integrated graphi...well...no one likes those actually, but my point is stop thinking you're going to hate it because you're most likely going to end up getting it anyway.

CJM
Aug 3, 2006, 05:02 PM
From the iPod release thread; "All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off."

Hah! Wow, all the angry comments of people who were so, so wrong.

Does this mean that people don't know what's good for them until its drummed into their heads for a while?

Stridder44
Aug 3, 2006, 05:06 PM
Does this mean that people don't know what's good for them until its drummed into their heads for a while?

Someone get this man a beer and a medal.

joeboy_45101
Aug 3, 2006, 05:07 PM
What are these????

Glass
Aug 3, 2006, 05:08 PM
THAT is exactly what Im talking about. All you people bitch and complain about new things/developments that Apple might be working on (and later announce) and at first you all hate it. Then you get used to it, and then one day you find you love it. I hope the iPhone does come out and you all hate it and it becomes a phenomenal success....the same case the iPod once faced. Same with the new names (MacBook). Same with the switch to Intel (now look how lucky we are). Same with the Intel integrated graphi...well...no one likes those actually, but my point is stop thinking you're going to hate it because you're most likely going to end up getting it anyway.

That's an amazing point!! I wasn't around these forums back then.. but I am blown away at the original iPod reaction!! Wow!!

CJM
Aug 3, 2006, 05:10 PM
Someone get this man a beer and a medal.

Thank you, a beer is just what I could use right now.

p0intblank
What are these????

I don't know about the bottom one, but the top is the Intel Core Duo chip. Someone thinks it may say Intel Core 2 Duo, but that's another post entirely. :p

Websnapx2
people are not understanding that ALL products on the banner have already been released...aside from leopard.

aside from leopard.

Everything on that banner has been released/announced. THERE IS NOTHING NEW ONTHIS BANNER! :rolleyes:

whew...

Ok, please keep in mind that while none of us that aren't in the know at apple can say for sure, it is rational and most plausible that the reason that all these icons/photos are on the banner is because this is what current developers are working on and concerned with in their everyday application creation. Steve said even at Macworld the we are not fully done with the PPC architecture and that developers will need to create with it in mind for a few years to come (hence, the 64-bit logo which applies to the G5). Now, this is not to say that 64 bit chips aren't to be announced, but really! Why would the mix brand new items that have not been announced on the same banner as all of their other known technologies FIVE days before the keynote. It doesn't happen for two reasons. 1) they always wait till the day before to put that stuff up and 2) they always the items on their own unless it has a direct tie in with another known technology (ie: new iPod w/ itunes logo).

Apple wants you to get exited about each new item and focus on them for each promotional piece. If there are 5 major announcement there will be five banners, and so on. Nothing on this banner is a hint to anything. The really goodies/photo leaks will surface around sunday when they guys putting up the new stuff screw up and go for coffee with the banners of a Mac Pro exposed.

That's hilarious!! Dude I get your grasping at straws, but come on? Your putting WAY too much thought in to this....

milkdev
I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it was already there.
Here's the iPhone "behind the scenes" video: ;)

tekmoe
Aug 3, 2006, 05:13 PM
From the iPod release thread; "All that hype for an MP3 player? Break-thru digital device? The Reality Distiortion Field™ is starting to warp Steve's mind if he thinks for one second that this thing is gonna take off."

Hah! Wow, all the angry comments of people who were so, so wrong.

that is exactly what it means. those posts are funny from the ipod thread in 2001. look at where the ipod is now. i bet they all feel like losers.

RichCoder
Aug 3, 2006, 05:13 PM

I totally agree. Remember when everyone(well 99.9%) here were in a screaming fit over the Intel switch? You'll likely get slammed or ignored for your truthful comments, but that's par for the course. It's just Mac Dogma vs. Reality.

-rich

matthewHUB
Aug 3, 2006, 05:15 PM
Guys... has it occurred to anybody that the ichat phone is the biggest joke???

Why on earth would the iSight be on the back?? So when you talk to someone you can't see them?and the microphone is on the front???? WTF?

M

Websnapx2
Aug 3, 2006, 05:15 PM
Although they did give all the developers who 'rented' the 'Intel Development Kit' from WWDC '05 a Intel iMac when they were released in January. ;)

Also, kids, this is what we should be discussing:

True, but I think that was because it was the only shipping intel machine apple was shipping. Not for any other reason.

mulletman13
Aug 3, 2006, 05:16 PM
What are these????

The bottom one is the backside view of the iMac, and the top is a Intel Core Duo (2) chip.

treblah
Aug 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
Everything on that banner has been released/announced. THERE IS NOTHING NEW ONTHIS BANNER! :rolleyes:

Where have you seen this before?

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54170

joeboy_45101
Aug 3, 2006, 05:21 PM
If the black thing in the picture is the Intel Core Duo 2 and previous reports say that the new PowerMacs will be using a Xeon processor then Apple would have to announce something else, maybe Core Duo 2 MacBook Pros or iMacs. But that is only if the previous reports are true.....:rolleyes:

greenstork
Aug 3, 2006, 05:24 PM
When new products are released in a keynote like the one coming up, are they normally ready to ship?

It just depends. Motorola was notoriously slow at ramping up production of new chips. Consequently, Apple would release new hardware and buyers would have to wait 1-3 months to receive them. That has since improved since Apple got a lot of bad press from that practice. I'm guessing that you'll have to wait a couple weeks for conroe & woodcrest based systems and perhaps a month for merom.

greenstork
Aug 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
BTW, even if I believed that Apple was going to come out with an Apple cellphone (and I don't (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2674706&postcount=359), I've never seen so many people absolutely convinced of the existance of an unlikely product.), WWDC would unquestionably be a bad place to announce it. If you believe such a thing exists, wait for an appropriate consumer-oriented show or a special event.

An Apple phone that runs on some sort of mobile OS X should be released at a developer's conference. Presumably, developers will write applications for a new mobile platform.

alimony
Aug 3, 2006, 05:35 PM
Seriously folks, you have all forgotten that WWDC is not a marketing event. It is a conference for developers. If you take a look at the WWDC page (http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/), you'll notice that there will be lots of talks on various technologies in Mac OS X. That is why all this stuff is depicted on the banner. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the person taking this picture have said that there was two covered banners and this was the only visible one. So, really, this banner is not speculation material. Only a few days left now, we'll find out about all the new stuff soon.

nawk
Aug 3, 2006, 05:41 PM
See Here:

BornAgainMac
Aug 3, 2006, 05:44 PM

Apple is trying to give us a clue. It could read a message for those that want to crack the code. Perhaps the third letter of every product or something. Hidden messages would be a cool idea.

Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2006, 05:45 PM
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

Way cool, you are officially my new guru. :) Conspiracy theory is a sadly forgotten art.

jaykk
Aug 3, 2006, 05:49 PM
I know everyone is over-analyzing the banner, but why is iPod pictured close to all the developer tools? Are they finally going to give us an API to program iPod?

thejedipunk
Aug 3, 2006, 05:50 PM
Screw the phone and new iPods. Stupid analysts and Mac insurrgents. I want to see what Leopard can do to make my Mac experience easier/better.

If it can make breakfast for me, then I'll be camping outside the Apple store here in Irvine for my copy, come the release date.

Seriously, you people are over anaylzing everything. I mean really, what more can you get out of a DVD that has a black X and leopard print on it? Black MBP's? Maybe in hell.

Aug 3, 2006, 05:52 PM
What are these????

An iMac backside and the Core Duo logo...

Anonymous Freak
Aug 3, 2006, 05:57 PM

Since Parallels came out, Apple has been downplaying Boot Camp. (In the "I'm a Mac and a PC" ad, they even now say "Purchase of Parallels required" rather than "Windows", where it implied to use Boot Camp. So before it implied using Boot Camp, now it implicitely mentions Parallels.)

We won't see Apple embracing run-in-place Windows apps on OS X. It just involves TOO MUCH TESTING! (Heck, OS/2 actually ran a copy of Windows, and it was flaky at running Windows apps.)

gugy
Aug 3, 2006, 05:58 PM

So true!
That's why Steve probably never wasted his time reading forums because in the end MOST people just love to hate and whine. With some exceptions of good posts, I usually just see people expecting crazy products and then getting disappointed at the end of every keynote or special event.

Anonymous Freak
Aug 3, 2006, 06:02 PM
Guys... has it occurred to anybody that the ichat phone is the biggest joke???

Why on earth would the iSight be on the back?? So when you talk to someone you can't see them?and the microphone is on the front???? WTF?

M

That's why nobody is talking about it. Because it's so obviously fake. (The ad was at least slightly believable. The video is horrible.)

rxse7en
Aug 3, 2006, 06:02 PM
MacBook Pro 17" C2D + Adobe Creative Suite Universal

My mantra for announcements voodoo. :D

bigbossbmb
Aug 3, 2006, 06:03 PM

Reading some of the posts on that thread are hilarious!! "lame" "it won't sell" blah blah...

But yeah, no big deal about this banner as it does not show anything

bigbossbmb
Aug 3, 2006, 06:05 PM

My mantra for announcements voodoo. :D

Don't hold your breathe about Universal CS...my friend works at Adobe and they are focusing on Vista more than a Universal Mac version....Universal will be out around March (give or take a month or two) next year.

aftk2
Aug 3, 2006, 06:06 PM
Off topic I know, but that iPod release thread is even better than Slashdot's 2001 coverage of the original iPod.

"$400 for an Mp3 Player!

I'd call it the Cube 2.0 as it wont sell, and be killed off in a short time...and it's not really functional."

And the award of prescience goes to:

"We live in the YEAR 2001... not 6000 years from now when ridiculously awsome technology will exist. No other mp3 player has a harddrive like this... 5gigs... **** yeah. A rio of the same size offers 64megs. Jesum Crow, get over your moping.. .this is revolutionary.... plus it's just the beggining. This device litterally bests anything on the market by about 100x"

and to:

"Apple hit a HOME RUN with this thing, and just as always proved that there's no one that can make products like them. Way to go Apple!"

(To which a hilarious response is:)

"Without a future. This Christmas you will see mp3 players be commoditized. Meaning that the players from Korea will be way less expensive tha iPod."

Too funny. That's why I reserve judgement. :)

Katharine
Aug 3, 2006, 06:09 PM
that is exactly what it means. those posts are funny from the ipod thread in 2001. look at where the ipod is now. i bet they all feel like losers.

No I bet they all own at least one now :p

silverblue3
Aug 3, 2006, 06:13 PM
Will the keynote be streamed live?

ampd
Aug 3, 2006, 06:15 PM
Will the keynote be streamed live?

No, it will most likely be shown on apples sight 2 hours after its ending however MR will keep up with the details of the event.

Mac Rules
Aug 3, 2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah, is it possible to *watch* keynote as it happens, cause I don't wanna miss t, I wanna feel the suspense, or at leas thow long after Keynote will we know details?

Cheers

silverblue3
Aug 3, 2006, 06:18 PM
WWDC is 2 blocks from where I work. And I don't get to see it :(

FF_productions
Aug 3, 2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, is it possible to *watch* keynote as it happens, cause I don't wanna miss t, I wanna feel the suspense, or at leas thow long after Keynote will we know details?

Cheers

Unless you are THERE, YOU CANNOT SEE THE KEYNOTE LIVE. IT WILL BE PUT ON APPLE'S WEBSITE 2 HOURS AFTER THE KEYNOTE ENDS.

MACRUMORS WILL UPDATE US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WWDC..

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE A FEW LEAKS BEFORE THE KEYNOTE BEGINS...

I'M CLARIFYING THIS FOR THE 100'S OF PEOPLE THAT KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION!

hulugu
Aug 3, 2006, 06:34 PM
If that iPhone is true, then it would be the ugliest product released by Apple in a long time. What's next...a Pippin 2 Perhaps..

It's a picture of a MacBook Pro, but it's just cut off at the edge.

M-Life
Aug 3, 2006, 06:35 PM
After playing "Where's Waldo" with that banner, all I have been able to ascertain is that there is going to be some kind of computer shaped like a hammer.

Seriously though, I need a mac mini so bad. I have the baseball bat sitting right next to my current Emachines just waiting to go all Office Space on it's sorry @#$. Thank goodness for my Ibook, the only thing keeping me sane at this point.

hulugu
Aug 3, 2006, 06:37 PM
Everything on that banner has been released/announced. THERE IS NOTHING NEW ONTHIS BANNER!

Thank you. Can't believe it took that long for someone to figure this out.

Fab_Fab
Aug 3, 2006, 06:40 PM
my thoughts about the Banner: There are no new products on this banner (ok, the DVD) only products wich we already know.

Power Mac/ Mac Pro
iMac
Macbook /(Pro)
iPod Nano

thats all i can see. so you will see, that there is no "normal" iPod on the picture. Why the hell ist that? Are they going to release a new one?
I realy don't belive in this, but it seems strange to me, that theree are all hardware products on the banner with only the iPod missing......

Arquelis
Aug 3, 2006, 06:47 PM
As pointed out on the flickr on appleinsider: the speakers of the macbook pro on the banner are smaller than they are on the 15''

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/gallery/qtvr15.html

Sky Blue
Aug 3, 2006, 06:52 PM
is it just me or is that an aluminum cased ipod nano?

It's just you.

szark
Aug 3, 2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe you guys should start analyzing better quality pictures. :)

pianodude123
Aug 3, 2006, 06:59 PM
So I guess then if there are no new products, why does the screen on the MBP seem so much taller than the actual cpu. Look at the picture where it is turned sideways...

It may just be me, but I dont recall the MBP having an inch of screen hanging over the CPU.

one3
Aug 3, 2006, 07:01 PM
As pointed out on the flickr on appleinsider: the speakers of the macbook pro on the banner are smaller than they are on the 15''

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/gallery/qtvr15.html

Nope. They are not smaller - it's simply a matter of perspecitive, at this angle everything looks taller than wider - see the little iSync icon beside it ... you can tell it's not perfectly round but taller instead of wider. Same Macbook Pro, different perspective.

To test this ... pull up that MacBook gallery page you provided a link to, now stand to the left side of your monitor and look at it from the side ... it'll look just like the one on the poster.

jholzner
Aug 3, 2006, 07:15 PM
my thoughts about the Banner: There are no new products on this banner (ok, the DVD) only products wich we already know.

Power Mac/ Mac Pro
iMac
Macbook /(Pro)
iPod Nano

thats all i can see. so you will see, that there is no "normal" iPod on the picture. Why the hell ist that? Are they going to release a new one?
I realy don't belive in this, but it seems strange to me, that theree are all hardware products on the banner with only the iPod missing......

The iSight isn't up there either. Maybe it's getting axed.

TheSailerMan
Aug 3, 2006, 07:32 PM
Despite the picture of a Power Mac-like casing on the banner, I still think that the Mac Pro will have a different structure than the Power Macs.

I mean, developers will still have to use Power Macs to test the PowerPC versions of their software, right? So why not throw a tool that developers will still be using up there?

Plus, of the four Macs that already have Intel processors, the two that kept their old names (iMac, Mac mini) have the same (or basically the same) casing, while the two that now have different names (MacBook Pro, MacBook) have different cases (the Pro does look a lot like the PowerBook, but it has many design changes).

britishempire
Aug 3, 2006, 07:35 PM
I hope to God that the 50 Cent Mac doesn't show up at the WWDC :P

:D

GFLPraxis
Aug 3, 2006, 07:54 PM
The fact that the 64-bit logo is next to the iMac makes me think Core 2 Duo.

I'm hoping for Conroe, despite iGary's insistence that it won't happen. A 2.16 GHz Conroe is $70 cheaper than the current 1.83 GHz Yonah and the 2 GHz Merom, saving Apple quite a bit of money. The thermal requirements fit the iMac G5's design, and the only hurdle would be the power requirements- Apple would probably need to slightly upgrade the power supply. It's still be a net gain profit-wise. And the performance difference is significant.

_Matt
Aug 3, 2006, 07:55 PM
I hope to God that the 50 Cent Mac doesn't show up at the WWDC :P

:D

Steve wearing some ice? NICE! :D

DavidLeblond
Aug 3, 2006, 07:55 PM
Of course the banner has no new images on it. Why would it? That would spoil the keynote! And of course it has the Leopard DVD, everyone knows there will be a preview.

And as for all those people saying that there won't be any new consumer products at the keynote... wasn't the iSight announced at a WWDC?

I'm a DEVELOPER and I want a speed bumped iMac, dammit! Not all devs are rich.

ezekielrage_99
Aug 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
Fingers crossed for new iPods, credit card ready for MacBook Pro updates, and wish Apple doesn't release that dog ugly iPhone that circulating around the new :rolleyes:

DavidLeblond
Aug 3, 2006, 08:08 PM
Oh and to everyone looking at the pics of the iPhone and saying "God I hope Apple doesn't do this"... if they do, don't go complain about it on the forums because 5 years from now when they own 70% of the market, someone will post that thread and laugh at you. :)

Like me!

(I thought the iPod was lame when it came out too. And I hated Macs back then.)

Ktulu
Aug 3, 2006, 08:10 PM
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

Thursday is 8/10
Tuesday is 8/8 :rolleyes:

mashinhead
Aug 3, 2006, 08:10 PM

it's really funny to read those posts now. They should be infamous. I wouldn't want to be the one who posted that.

p0intblank
Aug 3, 2006, 08:29 PM
That thread Spook posted is hilarious! Man we're so many people 100% wrong with their opinions... the iPod owns the world now! I wasn't a fan of Apple back when the iPod was introduced, so I didn't have any expectations. I didn't even know it was coming. But now I sit here with both my 3G 30GB and 5G 60GB iPods on my desk. :D

JRM PowerPod
Aug 3, 2006, 08:32 PM
BEST POST EVER FROM THAT INTRO OF THE iPod

iCan't believe it!
It's now at the online Apple Store!

$400 for an Mp3 Player!

I'd call it the Cube 2.0 as it wont sell, and be killed off in a short time...and it's not really functional.

Zadillo
Aug 3, 2006, 08:33 PM
it's really funny to read those posts now. They should be infamous. I wouldn't want to be the one who posted that.

Heh, yeah. I especially love all the posts about how it was a huge mistake for Apple to get into the mp3 player market (that the iPod would die a quick death and be a colossal failure).

I think that is the problem when we buy so much into the speculation and hype - Apple releases something that, on the surface, is boring (i.e. "WTF?!?!?!? It's just an MP3 player and not some revolutionary new device?!!?!?!?"), but which has a much greater chance of success than some of the more out there stuff we want them to do. As a former Newton user, for example, I would be ecstatic if Apple did release a Newton 3000 or something, but I also realize that there is a good reason they aren't doing that - there still just doesn't seem to be a widespread market for PDA's at this point. So an MP3 player might be boring, but it turned out to be a very smart move for Apple.

gugy
Aug 3, 2006, 08:42 PM
Heh, yeah. I especially love all the posts about how it was a huge mistake for Apple to get into the mp3 player market (that the iPod would die a quick death and be a colossal failure).

I think that is the problem when we buy so much into the speculation and hype - Apple releases something that, on the surface, is boring (i.e. "WTF?!?!?!? It's just an MP3 player and not some revolutionary new device?!!?!?!?"), but which has a much greater chance of success than some of the more out there stuff we want them to do. As a former Newton user, for example, I would be ecstatic if Apple did release a Newton 3000 or something, but I also realize that there is a good reason they aren't doing that - there still just doesn't seem to be a widespread market for PDA's at this point. So an MP3 player might be boring, but it turned out to be a very smart move for Apple.

That just say to you how important an amazing Steve Jobs is. The man has the talent to foresees what will be a hit and what won't be.
We are luck to have him and Apple together. I remember when he was not behind Apple and how things were bad. I am glad he is there now.
The truth is what seems to be the logical thing for us might not be for him, so, I rather have him tell me that.
I hope he will stay at Apple for long, long time.

Silentwave
Aug 3, 2006, 08:46 PM

I thought it was already being axed because it doesn't meet some environmental laws now....I think iSight will be integrated from now on.

gugy
Aug 3, 2006, 08:49 PM
I hope isight stays. Maybe on a smaller format.
I have mixed feelings about the built-in isight. For a desktop model I think I rather have the stand alone isight so i can easily move it around.

ReanimationLP
Aug 3, 2006, 09:15 PM
Heh, I'm willing to bet that the Leopard discs will be up on a BT site within a weeks time. :rolleyes:

ampd
Aug 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
Heh, I'm willing to bet that the Leopard discs will be up on a BT site within a weeks time. :rolleyes:

Guaranteed

aswitcher
Aug 3, 2006, 09:54 PM
I hope isight stays. Maybe on a smaller format.
I have mixed feelings about the built-in isight. For a desktop model I think I rather have the stand alone isight so i can easily move it around.

If they redo the iSight I think it should be either;

Better resolution 1280x1024/720
Wireless - so I can use if on my tv away from my mac for chatting / use it as a security camera / use it as a scanner for the likes of Delicious Monster

thejedipunk
Aug 3, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm glad that I'm not one of those people that spited the iPod at it's genesis. I've always wanted one of those suckers. And I do have one now. :P

monsterinawc
Aug 3, 2006, 10:08 PM
sorry bout this post
my brother in law wanted to try the forums out and so i let him use my account
he thinks he know what he talking about when it comes to macs

Enigmac
Aug 3, 2006, 10:09 PM
Man, August 7th can't come soon enough! :D

Avicdar
Aug 3, 2006, 10:17 PM
I have it on relatively good authority that they change the banner after the keynote. Seems ridiculous to me though.

Maybe the real banner is being obstructed by the current one?

Would be a smart way to get rumor sites to just stew in their own juices. Rather than have a mysterious banner under a drape, just show a 'fake' banner.

Think about it - if the current banner shows all the current products, then doesn't that preclude the introduction of replacements?

monsterinawc
Aug 3, 2006, 10:18 PM
theres probally not gonna be anything underneath the banner
everything that reveals a new product is covered up with a black curtian
you can even see them in the pic
they're at the top left and middle right

ImAlwaysRight
Aug 3, 2006, 10:21 PM
a dizzying amount of new products

schweet!

MattyMac
Aug 3, 2006, 10:22 PM
Man, August 7th can't come soon enough! :D
Yeah man.

monsterinawc
Aug 3, 2006, 10:23 PM
WWDC is gonna be great

monsterinawc
Aug 3, 2006, 10:24 PM
i love it how apple brands everything
thats why its such a great company
if you look at the crates in the foreground, you can see the Apple logo on each side of the crates

Distortions
Aug 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
This is corrected perspective version I made from the source image.
(1600x231, ~90Kb JPEG)
http://temp.bhmm.net/wwdc-2006-dist.jpg

guffman
Aug 3, 2006, 10:27 PM

What a fantastic thread. Thanks for the link -- some of those comments are histerical.

guffman
Aug 3, 2006, 10:44 PM

(in response to amlos) It's a picture of a MacBook Pro, but it's just cut off at the edge.

Huh? No one thought that the MBP at the end of the banner was a phone...

unemployed
Aug 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
Huh? No one thought that the MBP at the end of the banner was a phone...

read this somewhere- not sure if it has been posted here yet. Seems like the MBP at the end of the banner has a different (thinner) speaker design than both the current MBP 15' & 17'

Here are some images of the banner, MBP 15 & 17

unemployed
Aug 3, 2006, 11:13 PM
read this somewhere- not sure if it has been posted here yet. Seems like the MBP at the end of the banner has a different (thinner) speaker design than both the current MBP 15' & 17'

Nevermind this links shows it was just a perspective issue.

http://temp.bhmm.net/wwdc-2006-dist.jpg

this is funah
Aug 3, 2006, 11:17 PM

it's just the refraction from the glass at that angle...

there are some straight-on photos (http://flickr.com/photos/66488342@N00/206009315/in/set-72157594223273881/) that confirm it's the same.

apple isnt going to give away anything with this banner that can be seen by the general public.

unemployed
Aug 3, 2006, 11:36 PM
it's just the refraction from the glass at that angle...

there are some straight-on photos (http://flickr.com/photos/66488342@N00/206009315/in/set-72157594223273881/) that confirm it's the same.

apple isnt going to give away anything with this banner that can be seen by the general public.

THX

aswitcher
Aug 3, 2006, 11:41 PM
why would u really need a better resolution for the iSight?

Use it as a video/security/iChat/Games camera.
Use it for higher quality still shots.
Have improved video chat quality when real broadband speeds available. I have 1meg up 8meg down, that should be fast enough for some decent video.

its stupid

:eek:

all most people do is take funny pics of them-selves and do iChat

Because the current quality is so low...
And I think you'll find that people do more than that.
And even if thats all they do why not have a higher resolution? Seems plenty of people are doing these things.

if u increase the quality of the iSight for iChat, then it slows the video down
it also will be jerky because the file is large

If you have average machines and broadband yep it does. Whereas if you have more potent dual intel machines, mpeg4 and decent ADSL2+ etc, then you can get better quality video...iChat can already support 4 people communicating now, so 2 communicating with higher bandwidth should be easy *sigh*

and a wireless iSight will just make iChat even slower

Really? How fast is wireless...mmm...up to 54mbps...how fast is decent broadband...1-2mbps up stream...gee wireless is like 25x faster than it needs to be to keep the frame rate up for broadband. Even at range it should be faster.

And there are PLENTY of high end (Axis etc) wireless security cameras out there right now using G to pump back MPEG4 video wirelesly. I even have one.

Maybe you should do some research first before calling people stupid ;)

Avicdar
Aug 3, 2006, 11:54 PM
I REPEAT
NOTHING NEW IS ON THE BANNER AND THERE IS NOT A BANNER UNDERNEATH IT
everything that reveals a new product is covered up with a black curtian
you can even see them in the pic
they're at the tor left and middle right

You have no way of knowing that there is no new banner underneath. Typing it in caps doesn't make you any more of an insider than the rest of use using proper case.

Object-X
Aug 4, 2006, 12:00 AM
Name two things not on that banner? iSight and Cinema display. :D

Object-X
Aug 4, 2006, 12:04 AM

It's just a bad shot. Look at this image (http://flickr.com/photos/66488342@N00/206062001/in/set-72157594223273881/)

It's clearly the current MBP.

magid
Aug 4, 2006, 12:47 AM
Well... Tuesday is 8/10

Well according to your logic wouldnt the new iPod be out on 10/8 not 8/10?

mulletman13
Aug 4, 2006, 01:17 AM
Er... I'm with the crowd that says there is nothing new on the banner... but what is that Q above the Finder icon? Definately not quicktime... I'm sure its some program that I don't know.

Also why is a cup of tea/coffee up there? There is a small 3rd party prog that uses the icon, I'm just wondering why its up there... perhaps to promote the use of Macs in coffee shops =)

Anybody know about that Q?

Er whoops sorry... here is the pic :) (http://flickr.com/photos/66488342@N00/206062001/in/set-72157594223273881/)

Punani
Aug 4, 2006, 01:22 AM
Anybody know about that Q?

That is the logo for Quartz, the graphics framework.

mulletman13
Aug 4, 2006, 01:33 AM
Ah yes, thank you for telling me =)

Heh... should've looked first =) (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/quartzextreme/)

TVsac.com
Aug 4, 2006, 01:48 AM

iAlan
Aug 4, 2006, 01:51 AM
I reakon that the banner on the wall has another banner behind it and that The more posts I read and the discussion on 'is it or isn't it' the top banner and it will be removed after the keynote - I think it is a psyc-out. There are the usual banners hanging from the ceiling with the ubiquotous black clothes and I would think that if something major is on those puppies it/they will find their way to the banner on the wall as well )or more exactly - the banner under the banner on the wall!).

We all know Apple didn't get much press with the over-hyped 'iPod stereo' event - in fact more disappointment than praise - and the media was less than lukewarm after the announcement, so I think Apple are down-playing the WWDC with the banner which can only lead to the 'wow' factor if some new hardware is released - and i hope we don't get new hardware with no case redesign.

Although the 'G5' side shot could have a differnt front with the two drive bays, or be overall smaller but the same scale thus it looks like the existing model from the side (hope not as the cheese grater look is a little old) and cinema displays are conspicuos by their absence...

I can dream and will continue to do so until until next week...

TVsac.com
Aug 4, 2006, 01:53 AM
...So it looks like the forthcoming Mac Pro's will have the same form factor as the previous Power Mac G5. Can't say that I'm against that decision - but I was secretly hoping for a new look. My Rev A Power Mac Dual 2Ghz is still doing just fine under my desk. In fact, it's gonna take something pretty crazy to get me to pull out the credit card for a new box. Nothing's got me that excited yet

Chundles
Aug 4, 2006, 01:53 AM
Name two things not on that banner? iSight and Cinema display. :D

iPod
iSight
Cinema Display
DVI -> VGA adapter
#3 Universal Dock insert

TVsac.com
Aug 4, 2006, 01:59 AM
Ah yes, thank you for telling me =)

thejedipunk
Aug 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
Also why is a cup of tea/coffee up there? There is a small 3rd party prog that uses the icon, I'm just wondering why its up there... perhaps to promote the use of Macs in coffee shops =)

That's the Mac style logo for Sun's Java. Been in use for a while now.

mkjj
Aug 4, 2006, 05:20 AM
Don't forget the iSight has been discontinued altogether in Europe due to the fact it contains some matertial that will kill you if you eat one or something like that! Maybe its days are numbered?

Now some said no ACD on the banner, new ACD with built in iSight anyone?

JMA
Aug 4, 2006, 05:46 AM
I'm not sure the iPhone device shown on picture and movie is a fake.
I suppose it is just not the CDMA or GSM mobile phone device we think about.

Il could be just some kind of WIFI device that let us:
- use iChat, via Wifi, at a distance of the computer
- call via IP from home ( a new feature comming to iChat).
- control home music on airport express
- Watch a clip or movie...

Some kind of remote Front Row...

One thing that make me think its real is that, on the WWDC, just under the 64 bits logo, left, there is a small device like a long ipod in its cradle, that could perfecly be that "Remote Front Row"

glassbathroom
Aug 4, 2006, 06:09 AM
I'm not sure the iPhone device shown on picture and movie is a fake.

I think this is pretty conclusive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF3BpbFI9c#watch_response

It is clearly a fake. Its amazing what you can do with glossy printer paper!

ianogden
Aug 4, 2006, 06:10 AM
I wish I lived closer to Apple, to be able to get sneak previews like this, and to be able to report on Apple News. One day I will prevail!

BTW, I cant wait for monday! Does anyone know what time the Keynote will be in Grenwich Mean Time (London). Just so I can log on and keep up with all the action.

Thanks.

JMA
Aug 4, 2006, 06:14 AM

Ok, got me ! :(

glassbathroom
Aug 4, 2006, 06:16 AM
I wish I lived closer to Apple, to be able to get sneak previews like this, and to be able to report on Apple News. One day I will prevail!

BTW, I cant wait for monday! Does anyone know what time the Keynote will be in Grenwich Mean Time (London). Just so I can log on and keep up with all the action.

Thanks.

6pm

ianogden
Aug 4, 2006, 06:24 AM

Whats a BT site? Pardon my ignorance.....

guffman
Aug 4, 2006, 06:58 AM
Whats a BT site? Pardon my ignorance.....

I think they could be referring to BitTorrent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent)

aswitcher
Aug 4, 2006, 07:21 AM
AH yeah, I would say so.

DeVizardofOZ
Aug 4, 2006, 08:07 AM
Hey, UNEMPLOYED

Looks to me like those are both 15" models, one just being a larger image. I can see that the speakers look somewhat more slender.
If this is the "new design of the MBP" it's nothing special. The scratch pad is larger, though. WHy on earth is APPLE limiting itself by using an extremely thin formfactor??
What diff does it make if the machine is 3 mm thicker, and has better sound, better heat dissipation etc.?

AND ALL SCREENS WOBBLE BECAUSE OF THE HINGE DESIGN. CLEARLY FAULTY ENGINEERING!:D

Here are some images of the banner, MBP 15 & 17[/QUOTE]

bigmc6000
Aug 4, 2006, 08:09 AM
if that banner has everything that apple currently ships/makes - where the heck is the full body iPod??? I looked all over those pictures and only saw the nano. I understand not putting the shuffle up there but the not the iPod - are you serious?? I'm sure this will lend to speculation about nano's getting bigger HD's since there's no regular iPod in sight - haha.

guffman
Aug 4, 2006, 08:33 AM
if that banner has everything that apple currently ships/makes - where the heck is the full body iPod??? I looked all over those pictures and only saw the nano. I understand not putting the shuffle up there but the not the iPod - are you serious?? I'm sure this will lend to speculation about nano's getting bigger HD's since there's no regular iPod in sight - haha.
Hmmm...... If you look closely at the banner photo you'll see the "64-bit" logo is awfully close to the photo of the iMac. The current Intel iMacs are not 64-bit since the Core Duo (1) processers are 32-bit. Could this mean that the iMacs are going to get the new Core Duo 2 processers, which just happen to be 64-bit. Same goes for the MacBook Pros
I know everyone is over-analyzing the banner, but why is iPod pictured close to all the developer tools? Are they finally going to give us an API to program iPod?

I think this thread has started to become unraveled. It's a freaking banner with somewhat arbitrarily picked/placed Apple products and software people! It's cool that we got to see Apple's welcome banner, isn't that enough?

But wait, now that you mention it....where the hell is the iPod Radio Remote? :rolleyes:

kev0476
Aug 4, 2006, 08:59 AM
mac mini is up there too.

Edit: is that a new black ipod (possibly video, maybe nano) right next to it?

Edit 2: the banner is not finished yet too, the macbook pro is only half done. maybe a more guarded part of wwdc. it looks like they can fit a bunch more stuff over at the edge. Edit 4: it looks like that edge is just a walkway. but who knows, maybe they could put stuff on it at the edge, above the walkway.

Edit 3: one of the ipods is on its side, maybe to hide the upcoming design.

Websnapx2
Aug 4, 2006, 09:10 AM
Where have you seen this before?

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54170

Yeah, I said announced. Leopard has been announced since Macworld. That photo may have shown us the cover, but that is not groundbreaking and as nice as it is, as previously mentioned I'm sure it won't be the final disk label. In the words of MosDef, they ain't sayin' nothin' new...

Websnapx2
Aug 4, 2006, 09:20 AM
I think you are right. Didn't it just get axed in europe? That may lend some credence to the iSight in the Cinema Displays.

jholzner
Aug 4, 2006, 09:38 AM
I think you are right. Didn't it just get axed in europe? That may lend some credence to the iSight in the Cinema Displays.

If they put an iSight in the Cinema Displays and axe the stand alone iSight that would mean you would have to buy an ACD just to use the video stuff with the Powermac/Mac pro AND the mini. I wouldn't put it past them to do that but it would kinda suck. There have also been rumors of the IR reciever for Front Row being put in the ACD. If they didn't also put one on the Mac Pro, Front Row would be useless without an ACD hooked up. I agree with the above poster that we are all reading too much into the poster but oh well, it's fun. We'll all find out soon enough.

WWDC Lurker
Aug 4, 2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but Digg has the following for an apple source on new products at WDDC:

http://digg.com/apple/Exclusive_interview_with_an_Apple_insider_on_Blu_ray_MacPro_iPods_at_WWDC

the direct article is at:
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple’s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/

Websnapx2
Aug 4, 2006, 09:57 AM
If they put an iSight in the Cinema Displays and axe the stand alone iSight that would mean you would have to buy an ACD just to use the video stuff with the Powermac/Mac pro AND the mini.

I agree with the above poster that we are all reading too much into the poster but oh well, it's fun. We'll all find out soon enough.

True, it would suck, but it would be a great deal to get them refurbished, though ebay will have inflated pricing, for sure.

It's true that it's all mostly in fun to speculate, it's just silly to get your hopes up sooooo high, because the will inevitably crash. The products apple releases is already miles ahead of what competitors create, but physical production, even by apples standards, rarely compares to what we imagine would be a a cool product release (referring to the iPhone rumor in particular). For everything else, like I said before, keep in mind that this is a developer's conference and that paris and I'm sure an as yet unannounced media event will bring the iPod and iMac updates your looking for. And if they happen on Monday, just enjoy the surprise. I have my credit cared with 3500 waiting for a new Macbook Pro, so I TOTALLY know what your all going through, but if you build it up to much you are just going to be disappointed. I would be just happy if the keep the same case, throw in a core 2 duo and make the hard dive bay upgradeable like the MacBook. Just that would have me smiling for months...

bobert1985
Aug 4, 2006, 10:04 AM
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.powerpage.org/archives/2006/08/exclusive_leopard_feature_set_leaked.html

DavidLeblond
Aug 4, 2006, 10:12 AM
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.powerpage.org/archives/2006/08/exclusive_leopard_feature_set_leaked.html

Fakity fake fake fake.

He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.

FAKE.

bobert1985
Aug 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
Here's another link about Blu-Ray and other stuff.

http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple%E2%80%99s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/

BTW,

Fakity fake fake fake.

He can take a screen capture of a widget in the dock (I could photoshop that in seconds) yet when it comes down to iChat all he can say is "The interface is different, I can't explain why it just is?" No screen caps? Riiiiiiight.

FAKE.

My sentiments exactly.

treblah
Aug 4, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I said announced. Leopard has been announced since Macworld. That photo may have shown us the cover, but that is not groundbreaking and as nice as it is, as previously mentioned I'm sure it won't be the final disk label. In the words of MosDef, they ain't sayin' nothin' new...

Actually it was announced at last years WWDC. And I'm pretty sure that is final since they changed it from what they showed perviously. ;)

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54220

twoodcc
Aug 4, 2006, 10:20 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before, but Digg has the following for an apple source on new products at WDDC:

http://digg.com/apple/Exclusive_interview_with_an_Apple_insider_on_Blu_ray_MacPro_iPods_at_WWDC

the direct article is at:
http://www.dvdnewsroom.com/news/breaking-inside-apple-on-blu-ray-macpro-and-apple’s-media-center-strategy-what-to-expect-and-not-to-expect-at-wwdc/

thanks for the link. interesting. not sure if i believe all of that though, but we'll see.

bobert1985
Aug 4, 2006, 10:22 AM
Whoops, sorry for the duplicate link (somebody beat me to it).

monsterinawc
Aug 4, 2006, 10:30 AM
sorry bout the post about the iSight post
my brother in law wanted to try out the forums so i let him use my account
he thinks he know what he talking about when it comes to macs
i just now read what he wrote

monsterinawc
Aug 4, 2006, 10:50 AM
I think this thread has started to become unraveled. It's a freaking banner with somewhat arbitrarily picked/placed Apple products and software people! It's cool that we got to see Apple's welcome banner, isn't that enough?

Amen to that!!!!

treblah
Aug 4, 2006, 11:11 AM

But wait, now that you mention it....where the hell is the iPod Radio Remote? :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. :)

Welcome to your first WWDC on MacRumors.

Just wait until Sunday night/Monday morning! ;)

Thataboy
Aug 4, 2006, 11:13 AM
Is WWDC being shown in Apple Stores? I don't see any info on the apple.com/retail pages.

AtHomeBoy_2000
Aug 4, 2006, 11:16 AM
Actually it was announced at last years WWDC. And I'm pretty sure that is final since they changed it from what they showed perviously. ;)

Here ya go, I did a little updating ;)

guffman
Aug 4, 2006, 11:46 AM
Is WWDC being shown in Apple Stores? I don't see any info on the apple.com/retail pages.

No its not. There will be live text coverage on MR, and their will be a video of the keynote on apple's site within a couple hours after it ends.

Thataboy
Aug 4, 2006, 11:55 AM
No its not. There will be live text coverage on MR, and their will be a video of the keynote on apple's site within a couple hours after it ends.

Well that makes sense, as it costs lots of money for developers to attend... why should they show it for free live :) Thanks.

xUKHCx
Aug 4, 2006, 12:00 PM
Well that makes sense, as it costs lots of money for developers to attend... why should they show it for free live :) Thanks.

The devs are paying to go to all the booths and tutorials where they can learn about the new features and how to impliment them into their software. The Keynote is really just a bit of fun for them.

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 4, 2006, 12:24 PM

I actually liked the simplicity of this CD more...:o

morespce54
Aug 4, 2006, 12:33 PM

Not happening.

Enjoy being clean for a while

If the iMac gets Conroe it will be worth waiting for, especially as it looks likely (from what I read about here) Conroe will be released in July.

If the iMac gets Conroe, I will run naked across my apartment parking lot, film it and post it on the net.

Gotcha !!! :D ;)

Chris Bangle
Aug 4, 2006, 12:41 PM

same here..... I dont dislike the new new one but the old new one looked cool.

morespce54
Aug 4, 2006, 12:45 PM
Of course, the "64" could just mean that they're finally going to announce the PowerBook G5!

THAT would be so awsoooome ! :D :D :D
I'v been holding on for that for like 2 years ! ;)

morespce54
Aug 4, 2006, 01:05 PM
Unless you are THERE, YOU CANNOT SEE THE KEYNOTE LIVE. IT WILL BE PUT ON APPLE'S WEBSITE 2 HOURS AFTER THE KEYNOTE ENDS.

MACRUMORS WILL UPDATE US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING AT WWDC..

THERE WILL PROBABLY BE A FEW LEAKS BEFORE THE KEYNOTE BEGINS...

I'M CLARIFYING THIS FOR THE 100'S OF PEOPLE THAT KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION!

Yeah, but will it be possible to see it streamed live ???? ;) (kidding) :D

dernhelm
Aug 4, 2006, 01:47 PM
??

I think he's referring to "scrolls like butter".

Drodr28
Aug 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
These are some poor quality pictures captured by my camera on my Razor around 11:00 am today. Nothing too special, except the large apple logos plastered on the South and East side of the Moscone Center West. I acutally stood and watched them trying to get the 8+ story Apple decal straight. It was pretty funny. Security was lax (an old man asleep on a chair) but I didnt have the time to risk entry. You can actually look right into the conference area which I found odd, but I doubt there would be much to reveal as it is still only Friday. Well enjoy!
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo02/13/ab/5b989be57174.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=bm871nh33dbgw8ntyai9dd6hhttp://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo06/9a/01/e765f2deb04a.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=1pttcv7ak9mdceg6zlqsuwq22
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo09/ec/d3/a3692870c48a.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=b36nt8g3tb0rj6h4dsz9zgt7y
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photo/photo10/4d/58/6c918bc7c26d.jpg?tw=305&th=228&_rh=b0u438r7tp1njvasgv7x5gpa6

twoodcc
Aug 4, 2006, 02:03 PM
thank you for the pics :cool:

Anonymous Freak
Aug 4, 2006, 02:20 PM
These are some poor quality pictures captured by my camera on my Razor...

Your electric scooter has a built-in camera?!?! :D

morespce54
Aug 4, 2006, 02:40 PM

Actually, I'm looking at it (again!), there was definitively something weirdo about the screen... curvy but flat... no reflection, no shining... :rolleyes:

mrblah
Aug 4, 2006, 02:41 PM
Augh, I was hoping they would redesign the G5 case. Its been 3 years!! Cmon apple, stop milking old designs. I think this is the first time that Apple hasnt changed the look of the case when going to a new processor (theyve even changed cases when NOT changing processors...)

lazy

chuckiej
Aug 4, 2006, 02:58 PM
What is this icon? I'm not a dev so it could be one I just don't recognize...
It's the one below automator.

morespce54
Aug 4, 2006, 03:08 PM
What is this icon? I'm not a dev so it could be one I just don't recognize...
It's the one below automator.

x-grid

chuckiej
Aug 4, 2006, 03:35 PM
x-grid

Thanks! I wish we would take advantage of it at work. I'm sure that there are scientists here in the Brain Institute that would love to have some of my "free cycles"... :(

woodman
Aug 4, 2006, 03:54 PM
Augh, I was hoping they would redesign the G5 case. Its been 3 years!! Cmon apple, stop milking old designs. I think this is the first time that Apple hasnt changed the look of the case when going to a new processor (theyve even changed cases when NOT changing processors...)

lazy

Remember the beige G3's? When Jobs first came back, he put the 233 G3's into the same beige boxes the old 604's were in so that they could be released sooner.

chuckiej
Aug 4, 2006, 04:13 PM
Remember the beige G3's? When Jobs first came back, he put the 233 G3's into the same beige boxes the old 604's were in so that they could be released sooner.

So are you theorizing that they are working on a new design but its not ready so they have to go with modified G5 cases?

Or could the G5 case still be so good that its not worth changing right now?

mulletman13
Aug 4, 2006, 06:05 PM
The G5 cases were/are absolutely giant -- to accommodate the massive amount of airflow the G5 chip needed. With this Intel chip running much cooler, it shouldn't require the need of a giant case with huge heat sinks.

shemp9999
Aug 4, 2006, 06:30 PM

Suddenly, I'm having a Wendy-O flashback.

Mr. Dee
Aug 4, 2006, 07:11 PM

I don't think its finalized, its just that the disk in the image at WWDC 2005 representing Leopard was a place holder since they didn't really come up with a concept for the Disk art yet. Just showing the development pace of the OS which was the main focus of the conference.
http://www.wishingline.com/blogimages/tiger_banner_redmond.jpg
The current disk we now see on the WWDC 2006 banner is actually the Developer disk, Apple did this also for Tiger's developer disk in 2004. See attached image. Even the new black glossy X logo will be change when 10.5 RTMs.
http://www.macitynet.it/immagini/visitaconnoi/wwdc2003/keynote/preview/img_1329.jpg
I should note though, the place holder disk for Leopard at WWDC '05 looked similar to the 10.3 Developer disk.

Cooknn
Aug 4, 2006, 08:01 PM
The G5 cases were/are absolutely giant -- to accommodate the massive amount of airflow the G5 chip needed. With this Intel chip running much cooler, it shouldn't require the need of a giant case with huge heat sinks.I was thinking that myself. If it's just a retro fit with a bunch of wasted space it just won't be right for a pro box, IMHO.

Snowy_River
Aug 4, 2006, 08:33 PM
Here ya go, I did a little updating ;)

Nice job, but you needed to get the color casting a little better of the Leopard disk. How about this:
http://www.ghwphoto.com/roadmap.jpg

GW3
Aug 4, 2006, 09:06 PM
If Im not mistaken every KeyNote from Steve Jobs, whether at WWDC, MacWorld or any other event from Apple has been on tuesdays. Why is this one DIFFERENT. Could we see a Movie Store on Tuesday ??????? :confused:

APPLENEWBIE
Aug 4, 2006, 09:12 PM
Just saw a verizon commercial.. announcing a new phone. It was black, seemed to have an ipod-like click wheel, with a retractable keyboard in a vertical format.. and something about being announced 8.9.06..... do you suppose????

UPDATE... never mind. On the verizon site it is called Chocolate by LG. it is a v-cast phone / mp3 player.. Sorry.....

Updated update... I know it's not apple... but it ain't bad looking. looks to be about .5" taller than a credit card, and about .5" less wide. sort of too angular design....I think.

treblah
Aug 4, 2006, 11:08 PM
I don't think its finalized, its just that the disk in the image at WWDC 2005 representing Leopard was a place holder since they didn't really come up with a concept for the Disk art yet. Just showing the development pace of the OS which was the main focus of the conference.
Touché ;) Still, I really think it will be released this year so I hope they have all the artwork finished.

Just saw a verizon commercial.. announcing a new phone. It was black, seemed to have an ipod-like click wheel, with a retractable keyboard in a vertical format.. and something about being announced 8.9.06..... do you suppose????

Uncle Walt says it sucks (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06215/710850-96.stm).