Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icetraxxg5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2002
Commerce Township
Does anyone know of an application that will allow me to remotely control my MacOS X machine from windows? I know I can remotely control a Windows machine from another Windows machine and from a MacOS X machine using Microsoft Netmeeting...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
ARD is a mac only app. try timbuku which has very nice features, or if you want to go the easy and free route go with vnc.

iJon

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
i haven't used timbuktu in a couple years now... how's the performance compared to vnc?

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
VNC...

I never tried Timbuktu, but I use "Share My Desktop" (VNC Server for OS X) Go to versiontrakcer.com to dowmlaod it. Install any VNC veiwer application on the mahcine you want to use to remote control your Mac. If you are using a router you will have to setup port-fowarding.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It depends on how much control you need. If you can use a command line tool, just turn on SSH Login in your sharing preferences, and you can do almost anything through a terminal application on any system. And that's free! If you need more control, like seeing and controlling the desktop, yeah, go with the programs everyone else said, timbuktu probably being the best.

JW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.