PDA

View Full Version : mac monitor on pc

thecube84
Feb 17, 2002, 06:35 PM
does anyone know how to connect a macintosh monitor (ie apple 15 av) to a pc (vga 486... ooh it looks so ugly in my room with all my apple posters.) i would like to replace the crappy svga display with a nice pretty mac monitor. any ideas???

i saw a vga-mac adapter on ebay, but the auction ran out before i had a chance to buy it :(

AlphaTech
Feb 17, 2002, 06:49 PM
Which model monitor are you talking about?? There are adapters to allow old Apple monitors to be connected to either newer Mac systems, or even *shudder* peecee's. They used to come with G3 blue and white systems, but I am sure that someone is still making them. Check around, they should be fairly cheap to aquire.

mymemory
Feb 17, 2002, 07:55 PM
You have to call a very experience Apple store. I had one of thouse adaptors, they are like the VGA to Mac but backwards.

Look in the internet first, but look at it as a Mac feature.

They are more popular right now because early G4 came with VGA out put and people had Apple monitors yet.

thecube84
Feb 18, 2002, 09:07 AM
i found one on ebay im bidding on it for 7.50

is this what you're talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2002627502

please don't bid... i want it LOL no

AlphaTech
Feb 18, 2002, 10:04 AM
That would be the puppy... I have a draw full of them at work, since they used to come with G3 blue and white systems as well as the laptops.

thecube84
Feb 18, 2002, 02:46 PM
well would you mind givin me one?

no im serious becuase i just got out bid

that stinks

thecube87@mac.com

(draw full of em)