Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecube84

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2001
ohio
does anyone know how to connect a macintosh monitor (ie apple 15 av) to a pc (vga 486... ooh it looks so ugly in my room with all my apple posters.) i would like to replace the crappy svga display with a nice pretty mac monitor. any ideas???

i saw a vga-mac adapter on ebay, but the auction ran out before i had a chance to buy it :(

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Which model monitor are you talking about?? There are adapters to allow old Apple monitors to be connected to either newer Mac systems, or even *shudder* peecee's. They used to come with G3 blue and white systems, but I am sure that someone is still making them. Check around, they should be fairly cheap to aquire.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
You have to call a very experience Apple store. I had one of thouse adaptors, they are like the VGA to Mac but backwards.

Look in the internet first, but look at it as a Mac feature.

They are more popular right now because early G4 came with VGA out put and people had Apple monitors yet.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
That would be the puppy... I have a draw full of them at work, since they used to come with G3 blue and white systems as well as the laptops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.