PDA

View Full Version : Apple shipping

speedclipse
Mar 19, 2003, 12:34 AM
Hey everyone, I just purchased a 12'' PB and noticed that on Fedex's website, my shipment has gone to two different places in Taiwan, to Alaska, and then back to another airport in Taiwan. Anyone have any clue as to whats going on there?? Its got me baffled! BTW I live in Maryland.

voicegy
Mar 19, 2003, 01:00 AM
Poor thing got too cold in Alaska and ran back.:D

But seriously folks, I do recall another thread a while back where there was a particular reason for the "ship to" Alaska trip...but I can't answer for the return flight.

Bear
Mar 19, 2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by speedclipse
Hey everyone, I just purchased a 12'' PB and noticed that on Fedex's website, my shipment has gone to two different places in Taiwan, to Alaska, and then back to another airport in Taiwan. Anyone have any clue as to whats going on there?? Its got me baffled! BTW I live in Maryland.
Times reported on Fedex's website are the local times where the scan happened. Since Taiwan is several hours ahead of the US, what you describe is very possible since the tracking system sorts by the local time and not Greenwich time.

Enjpoy your system when it arrives.

speedclipse
Mar 19, 2003, 11:25 AM
thanks, I can't wait!

Mr. MacPhisto
Mar 20, 2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by speedclipse

When I got my iBook I saw the same thing. It arrived on time. I think it's just the time zones and Fed Ex's scanning system.

Kwyjibo
Mar 20, 2003, 08:53 PM
hmm like everyone else I had the same concerns that my iBook accidnetaly went back to Taiwan in November but it arrived before most other people so I was happy.

yzedf
Mar 20, 2003, 11:11 PM
there was really bad weather (high winds) in Alaska the other day... no planes could land or take off. but i doubt that was what you experienced.