Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Ok so i just installed xcode that came with my panther operating system and everytime i try to start a new application it comes up with this error
picture1gc4.png

can anyone help me?
is this because i dont have a newer edition of xcode?

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
caveman_uk said:
What xcode version and what OS version are you using? Just to make certain, you are using Panther and the xcode that came on the discs with it?
Xcode 1.1
Component versions
Xcode IDE: 300.0
Xcode Core: 300.0
ToolSupport: 300.0

OS = 10.4.7 Tiger

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I believe you need to use a 2.x version of Xcode with Tiger. You should've received it along with your copy of Tiger.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Do you have broadband? xCode has been updated a few times since Tiger came out. You can get the latest version from Apple by joining ADC as a free member. It's a hefty download - over 900MB.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
caveman_uk said:
Do you have broadband? xCode has been updated a few times since Tiger came out. You can get the latest version from Apple by joining ADC as a free member. It's a hefty download - over 900MB.
yea ive got broadband but ive got to wait tuntil i have some spare mb cause im almost at my limit

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Ahhhh....the joys of the fairly flexible 1GB a day limit....

Shame I'm moving soon though so I'll have to move to a new ISP. Anyone got any views regarding Zen Internet or Nildram (in the UK)

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
caveman_uk said:
Ahhhh....the joys of the fairly flexible 1GB a day limit....

Shame I'm moving soon though so I'll have to move to a new ISP. Anyone got any views regarding Zen Internet or Nildram (in the UK)
its not a 1GB a day its a 36gb a month one

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
elisha cuthbert said:
its not a 1GB a day its a 36gb a month one

Yeah, I think he was gloating :p

I just wish it was like the old days when stuff was small. These days it's like the companies don't even consider the data caps when they release huge files.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Wait there's internet download caps? Heck I download gigs a day, probably over 50GB a month or more, but our ISP doesn't shut us off. Good ole Qwest.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
slooksterPSV said:
Wait there's internet download caps? Heck I download gigs a day, probably over 50GB a month or more, but our ISP doesn't shut us off. Good ole Qwest.

Fortunately here in NZ the government has started regulating, and next year we're going to have a choice of providers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.