PDA

View Full Version : somewhere in Africa, I guess

staigerman
Aug 17, 2006, 10:55 PM
just a quick two doodles by Dan Ritchie made with PD Particles. I'm waiting to see who can run it on Macs.

CubaTBird
Aug 18, 2006, 02:27 PM
mmmm

Those are nice.:)

srf4real
Aug 18, 2006, 07:42 PM
That's more talent than good software!

MIDI_EVIL
Aug 18, 2006, 08:07 PM
Please elaborate on this software, it's pretty impressive looking.

Rich.

staigerman
Aug 18, 2006, 09:07 PM
That's more talent than good software!

uhm, no, actually I think it's just the opposite. Yes, the artist and creator of PD Artist is a true talent too, but this software is aimed at letting many others do the same easily, as it shoots particles from the mouse and 'grows' the shrubbery and foliage from it.

I just did this mini tutorial:

http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/tutorials/roots

Ok, so I won the Digital Iron Artist competition in Atlanta at DragonCon last year, but I would again attribute that more to having the right tool.

staigerman
Aug 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
Please elaborate on this software, it's pretty impressive looking.

Rich.

The software is PD Particles, a standalone version of a particle paint plugin for Project Dogwaffle, called Optipustics. These can be found also in PD Pro, in v2, in the new PD Artist and in the freeware Project Dogwaffle 1.2 - not all in the same levels of sophistication, but still.

gekko513
Aug 18, 2006, 09:11 PM
I'm waiting to see who can run it on Macs.
Does it have a Mac version then?

maxrobertson
Aug 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
just a quick two doodles by Dan Ritchie made with PD Particles. I'm waiting to see who can run it on Macs.

Wow, that's really awesome. You're very talented.

staigerman
Aug 18, 2006, 11:46 PM
Does it have a Mac version then?

not native on Mac as of yet. I'm looking for intermediate alternatives, like running it under Virtual pc, or on Windows XP/Bootcamp

Anyone here have that available to test the freeware version or the demo of PD Pro 3.5?