PDA

View Full Version : Calling All College Students!!!

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
I know a lot of us are going to be entering college for the first time or continuing with their college education this year.

So, let everyone know - what school are you going to, what year are you graduating, what are you majoring in, what classes are you taking, when do you start, where do you live (i.e. dorm-style, apartment style, frat), do you work, and anything else you want to let us know.

I'll start:

College : Colorado School of Mines
Graduating Year : 2010 (or 2011)
Major : Chemical Engineering/Minor in Business
Classes : Physics I, Calc III, Geology, Microeconomics
Start : This Tuesday!
Live : Apartment Style Living
Work : *Gasp* - I'm applying for a business license for Peters Photography. If I'm going to do it, it needs to be legal...

eva01
Aug 18, 2006, 03:36 PM
College : Bridgewater State College
Graduating Year : Who the **** knows when. I get sick all the time so i take off semesters sometimes
Major : Premedical/Biology with a minor in Chemistry (Maybe decide to double major with biochem)
Classes : Physics I (Calc based), Genetics, Spanish I, A&P I (Anatomy and Physiolog)
Start : September 5th or 6th
Live : Home

Also I would like to know how many college students work during the year and where if they wish to state

Work: Yes, Jordan Hospital and South Shore Hospital

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 18, 2006, 03:38 PM
College : Bridgewater State College
Graduating Year : Who the **** knows when. I get sick all the time so i take off semesters sometimes
Major : Premedical/Biology with a minor in Chemistry (Maybe decide to double major with biochem)
Classes : Physics I (Calc based), Genetics, Spanish I, A&P I (Anatomy and Physiolog)
Start : September 5th or 6th

Also I would like to know how many college students work during the year and where if they wish to state

Work: Yes, Jordan Hospital and South Shore Hospital

I'm really freaking out about the Physics :o - it's calc-based also - any advice?

eva01
Aug 18, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm really freaking out about the Physics :o - it's calc-based also - any advice?

Well I started Physics 1 last year then took off the semester due to my illness so the beginning is ridiculously easy.

You're in Calc III so obviously you are doing something right with calc, so velocity, acceleration and jerk will come easy to you. Just is derivatives and integrals.

The hard part in my mind is probably tension and those stupid word problems that you have to draw pictures, because i suck at drawing.

If you need help with it you can IM me.

#1 point of advice do everything the teacher tells you. Teacher tells you to study 3-4 hours a day. Do it!!!! You cannot study enough for physics. Just like Organic Chemistry in how indepth and howmuch there is to it

And as with general chemistry. PAY ATTENTION TO UNITS!!!!!! That is the #1 screw up with students is they do problems in their head and then forget units or forget what kind of unit like M/S (Velocity) or M/S^2 (acceleration)

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 03:47 PM

Well if you know calc it's not a problem. Seeing as how you are in engineering, you better be very comfortable with calculaus

Personally, I am entering in my senior year although will graduate in 5 since i want to get my masters roughly 1 semester after my BS

College: Colorado State
Major: Mechanical Engineering with a math minor
Classes: Metals and alloys, unix and c programming,space propolsion and power management, and materials issues in mechanical design (grad class)

Start: this upcoming monday
Living: Apartment

Work: At a software company for 15hrs a week

iGary
Aug 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
Well if you know calc it's not a problem. Seeing as how you are in engineering, you better be very comfortable with calculaus

Personally, I am entering in my senior year although will graduate in 5 since i want to get my masters roughly 1 semester after my BS

College: Colorado State
Major: Mechanical Engineering with a math minor
Classes: Metals and alloys, unix and c programming,space propolsion and power management, and materials issues in mechanical design (grad class)

Start: this upcoming monday
Living: Apartment

Work: At a software company for 15hrs a week

Good thing it's not English. :p :)

Tanglewood
Aug 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
College : San Diego State University
Graduating Year : Spring 2008
Class Standing : Senior
Major : Marketing
Minor: Television, Film, & New Media
Classes : Fundamentals of Finance (FIN323), Statistic Analyst for Business (IDS301), Management and Organizational Behavior (MGT350), and Marketing (MKTG370)
Start : August 28
Living Situation : In a house with three other roommates
Work : well I'm an Engineering Aide until August 24th and hope to be one again on Sept 25th. Dam temp agency making me take a month off!

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 03:52 PM
Well I started Physics 1 last year then took off the semester due to my illness so the beginning is ridiculously easy.

You're in Calc III so obviously you are doing something right with calc, so velocity, acceleration and jerk will come easy to you. Just is derivatives and integrals.

The hard part in my mind is probably tension and those stupid word problems that you have to draw pictures, because i suck at drawing.

If you need help with it you can IM me.

#1 point of advice do everything the teacher tells you. Teacher tells you to study 3-4 hours a day. Do it!!!! You cannot study enough for physics. Just like Organic Chemistry in how indepth and howmuch there is to it

And as with general chemistry. PAY ATTENTION TO UNITS!!!!!! That is the #1 screw up with students is they do problems in their head and then forget units or forget what kind of unit like M/S (Velocity) or M/S^2 (acceleration)

Haha my freshman year, physics one and two both required about 15-20hrs a week just on the homework no joke each semester. Be prepared to work alot more in college in hs. That was the biggest adjustment I had to make since you no longer have a teacher holding your hand in a sense. That and for most of my classes, the professors try the makes the tests so a 50% is avg and then apply a massive curve at the end of the semsester. SO yea after every test, you will most likely feel you flunked it but did btter than the rest of the class so you will still get an A kinda thing you know.

This sucks if you are used to aceing tests like I was in hs lol

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 03:54 PM
Good thing it's not English. :p :)

haha yea i never did like to write and that combined with not proofreading my posts before i submit lol :)

Tanglewood
Aug 18, 2006, 03:56 PM
My freshman year at college was pretty chill. I was undeclared so I took nothing but GEs, which didn't require a lot of work. Guess I kinda eased into the college workload.

Kwyjibo
Aug 18, 2006, 03:56 PM
SO yea after every test, you will most likely feel you flunked it but did btter than the rest of the class so you will still get an A kinda thing you know.

This sucks if you are used to aceing tests like I was in hs lol

I commonly use this substance, beer, to get rid of that feeling. Then again I don't take any science courses, ever.

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 03:58 PM
I commonly use this substance, beer, to get rid of that feeling. Then again I don't take any science courses, ever.

True now that I am 21 I can do that legally lol

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 18, 2006, 03:59 PM
True now that I am 21 I can do that legally lol

I'm graduating college at 20. How cool is that? :(

GFLPraxis
Aug 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
College : Eastern Washington University
Graduating Year : 2008 (hopefully)
Major : Computer Science/Minor in Mathematics
Classes : General Physics 153, Digital Circuits (engineering), Data Structures I
Start : September 20th
Live : Parents home
Work : none

I'm going there for a Bachelors. I've already got a two-year Associate of Arts degree, a full year of Calculus (I, II, and III), and a year of Computer Science (CS 201, 203, and 211- that's Java I, Java II, and C).

I'm taking the Calc-based physics too. I've already gotten through all my Calculuses, but I took breaks between each one. I took Calculus 1 when I was 15, so at this point I've forgotten most of it :o will it be easy to refresh my memory in the class or will they have ultra-high expectations from the get-go?

I'm 18 years old. Hopefully I'll be graduating at 20, looks like I'll either graduate right before or right after I turn 21 (as it's supposed to take me 2 years and 1 quarter).

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm graduating college at 20. How cool is that? :(

are you 16 currently? You also put 2011 as a potential year for graduating so you must be 15! Right on man

Hard thing about that is it will be hard to hook up with chicks but you are at mines where the ratio is like 80% guys 20% girls so it would be hard enough anyways lol

Best of luck this year, I personally love college (part of the reason I am going 5) and I love engineering

Tanglewood
Aug 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
Well here's to the slackers on the 5 year or more plan. w00t me! :cool:

AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
are you 16 currently? You also put 2011 as a potential year for graduating so you must be 15! Right on man

Hard thing about that is it will be hard to hook up with chicks but you are at mines where the ratio is like 80% guys 20% girls so it would be hard enough anyways lol

Best of luck this year, I personally love college (part of the reason I am going 5) and I love engineering

lol, no - let's say I graduate in 4 years.

17 currently - 2006-2007
18 - 2007-2008
19 - 2008-2009
20 - 2009-2010

Did you say you were an engineer!? :rolleyes: ;) :D

dukebound85
Aug 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
lol, no - let's say I graduate in 4 years.

17 currently - 2006-2007
18 - 2007-2008
19 - 2008-2009
20 - 2009-2010

Did you say you were an engineer!? :rolleyes: ;) :D

yea maybe i should switch majors lol, dang cant even add

clayj
Aug 18, 2006, 04:08 PM
yea maybe i should switch majors lol, dang cant even addSounds like you should be in poli-sci.

thedude110
Aug 18, 2006, 05:10 PM
College : San Diego State University

Have you taken any English courses with David Matlin?

I'm so jealous ... you have the entire George Oppen archives (http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/testing/html/mss0016a.html) on your campus. I've been told that when Oppen would revise his poems he would tape over words he had already typed or written with the new/revised words -- creating these wild palimpsests that could be read through their drafts. Cool stuff.

See if you can look at them for me. ;)

aaronlow5000
Aug 18, 2006, 05:22 PM
College : UNC Chapel Hill
Graduating Year : 2010
Major : Medicine
Classes : Block 1: Molecules to Cells, Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Medicine in Society, Clinical Applications....Anatomy starts in October
Start : Started 14 August....
Live : house
Work : Laptop tech liason

I graduated from undergrad at UNC (Biochemistry, minor in Music), and glad to be in med school here!

Tanglewood
Aug 18, 2006, 05:41 PM
Have you taken any English courses with David Matlin?

I'm so jealous ... you have the entire George Oppen archives (http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/testing/html/mss0016a.html) on your campus. I've been told that when Oppen would revise his poems he would tape over words he had already typed or written with the new/revised words -- creating these wild palimpsests that could be read through their drafts. Cool stuff.

See if you can look at them for me. ;)

No I haven't. I looked him up and he's teaching Techniques of Poetry (ENGL 570), Sem: Blake In The Present (ENGL 724), and Mfa Seminar: Fiction Writing (ENGL 750F) this semester.

George Oppen's collection looks to be over at UCSD instead of SDSU, though I'll try to make over there during the next month and check it out for ya.:)

yg17
Aug 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
College : Unversity of Missouri-Rolla
Graduating Year : 2008
Major : Information Science & Technology
Classes : Telecommunications, web design, database management, macroeconomics, art appreciation (don't ask....damn gen eds :rolleyes: )
Start : This Monday, although I've been in this hellhole of a town since Sunday
Live : Renting a house
Work : IT helpdesk

it5five
Aug 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
College : Arizona State University
Graduating Year : 2010
Major : Film and Media Production
Classes : Intro to Film, Race and Ethnicity in American Film, Film History, Academic Balance for Fine Arts Majors, College Mathematics, Buried Cities and Lost Tribes (Full Load :( )
Start : August 21
Live : Home for now. Will be moving closer to school next year.
Work : I just quit my job a week ago to find something more flexible. I will have one soon though.

letsgorangers
Aug 18, 2006, 07:52 PM
College : Middle Tennessee State University
Major : Experimental Psychology (Masters)
Classes : Advanced Cognitive, Psych Testing, and Graduate Statistics: Regression
Start : the Monday after next
Live : apartment -- i move tomorrow
Work : ummm grad school is work...right? yeah ok, no job.

jjohnson87
Aug 18, 2006, 08:42 PM
College : University of Massachusetts Lowell
Graduating Year : 2010 (I hope)
Major : English, Creative Writing Concentration, Pre-Legal Studies Minor.
Classes : Sociology 101, College Writing 2, Life Science 1 and the required lab, Quantitative Reasoning (Math for liberal arts majors who want to finish the Gen-Ed requirement fast.)
Start : Move in on September 2nd Classes start September 5th.
Live : On campus dorms.
Work : Campus Bookstore/tech at one of the computer labs for my work study.

timerollson
Aug 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
----

mariahlullaby
Aug 18, 2006, 09:18 PM
College: New York University
Graduating Year: 2010
Major: Communication & French
Classes: My orientation/registration is August 28/29 so I have no clue what I'm taking (it's the last session, yes). But some sort of French, lab science, 'Writing the Essay,' freshman seminar, and a Conversations of the West history course probably....but we'll see.
Start: I leave for NYC on the 24th, move in on the 27th, and start classes on September 5th.
Live: 5-person suite (3 in one room, I'm in a double, we share a bathroom)
Work: Freelance web design (for now)

gadgetgirl85
Aug 18, 2006, 10:06 PM
College : Bond
Graduating Year : 2007 (First semester next year)
Class Standing : 3rd year
Major : Social Science (Psychology)
Minor: Criminology
Classes : Criminal Motivations and 3rd level stats
Start : Sept 11
Living Situation : Home
Work : None yet! Looking currently

Dr.Chiz
Aug 18, 2006, 10:09 PM
College : U.C. Berkley
Graduating Year : 2010 (or 2011)
Major : Buisness Law / Economics
Classes : AP Honors Calculus V, Advanced Phsyics V, Buisness 10, Law 10, Economics 5
Start : Monday..
Live : Share Dorm Room - Already Organized! ****ing Party Room lol
Work : Well my current employment is actually 2 jobs + school. One, you see my cranial capacity is about 5 times more of teh average humans brains o i have advanced theroys and thinking so my first job inventing and Investing in stocks and new buisnesses i never fail im some how able to determine based on current data that it will raise or die. I invented several things alone made me 20,000 thats nice for colledge andi invested half of that into a new company in the stocks called Knox Ko. ive already made 100,000 off that . and in the past i made 50,000 off ebay socks. And after my 25,000 scholarship i still have 237,050.42 of my own personal cash i made not my parents. So thats my rainy day fun im waitin for a 5year rainstrorm
Carrer: Attorney / Lawyer for big buisness
lol im rich i have a iq above einstein

Chundles
Aug 18, 2006, 10:14 PM
University: University of Wollongong (a Uni is where you study, a college is where you live)

College: Weerona College 2001 - 2004.5 (Tutor from 2003.5 - 2004.5)

Graduating Year: 2006 (should have been 2004 with Honours but meh.)

Class Standing: Graduate

Degree: Bachelor of Science

Major: Chemistry

Classes: Been in them all, economy, business, 1st. :D No Uni classes now though.

Start: Grad Dip (Science Communication) Early next year hopefully. Remember, our Uni years are calendar years down here, our big summer holiday is at the end of the year over Christmas/New Years.

Live: Apartment near the beach, on my Pat Malone.

Work: Very little so very bored.

prostuff1
Aug 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
College : The Ohio State University
Graduating Year : 2009 (may be longer depending on if i go for a masters)
Major : Computer Sceince and Engineering
Classes : Engineering 185, Calc 254, CS&E 221, Jogging class(used to fill me out for my full time student status)
Start : September 20
Live : Apartment Style Living (so much better then dorms)
Work : Trying to get a part time job on campus so i dont have to worry about driving anywere. Plus they are usualy flexible with work schedules.

WildCowboy
Aug 18, 2006, 10:18 PM
College : U.C. Berkley

The first thing they'll teach you on Monday is how to spell "Berkeley." :p ;)

Thanks for being so modest. :rolleyes:

Dr.Chiz
Aug 18, 2006, 10:19 PM
lol sorry im a bit drunk still its hard to type and think after straight vodka for a hour , i know how to spell it

steelphantom
Aug 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
College: Pennsylvania State University
Graduating Year: 2009
Major/Minor: Mathematics/Computer Science with a Business/Liberal Arts Minor
Classes: Physics II (Electricity and Magenetism), Calculus III, C++ Programming for Engineers, Macroeconomics, Managerial Accounting, Asian Philosophy
Start: September 5
Live: Home
Work: None, unless you count playing gigs on weekends when I feel like it for some extra cash ;)

kretzy
Aug 18, 2006, 10:21 PM
University: The University of Melbourne

Graduating year: 2010 :eek:

Started: 2006

Degrees: Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Media and Communication (still need to decide on majors)

Subjects this semester: Professional Writing, Linguistics of English, Introductory Macroeconomics, Accounting Reports and Analysis

Live: With my aunty, about 15 mins away from uni by tram

Work: At a supermarket, mostly on weekends. Am looking for something better at the moment.

steelphantom
Aug 18, 2006, 10:22 PM
in the past i made 50,000 off ebay socks.

:confused: :p :D

Dr.Chiz
Aug 18, 2006, 10:29 PM
what u dont believe me...dude 10 years ago ebay was at its all time low and i bought 15,000 stocks which costed around 200,0000 so then they hit there all time high and i knew i had to sell so i sold and made 350,000 but sadly 300,000 i owed for the down payment for a studio i was renting for my friends djing , my videos ands tuff so we just used the 300,000 to buy the studio

steelphantom
Aug 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
what u dont believe me...dude 10 years ago ebay was at its all time low and i bought 15,000 stocks which costed around 200,0000 so then they hit there all time high and i knew i had to sell so i sold and made 350,000 but sadly 300,000 i owed for the down payment for a studio i was renting for my friends djing , my videos ands tuff so we just used the 300,000 to buy the studio

Read that quote a little more closely. Especially the last word. ;)

treysmay
Aug 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
school: Ontartio College of art and Design
Start time: sep 6th
Entering: 2nd year BFA
Major: integrated media
Minor: Printmaking
graduating year: 2008

latergator116
Aug 18, 2006, 10:36 PM

Wait untill you're sober before you start posting again :rolleyes:

edit: nevermind, just stop posting completely.

Dr.Chiz
Aug 18, 2006, 10:44 PM
dude like i said my head is so above above above average of genius . it would take 3 liters of vodka +24 beers + 2 bottles of champaign to get me drunk im just a loose

ZoomZoomZoom
Aug 18, 2006, 11:00 PM
Classes: Physics II (Electronics and Magenetism), Calculus III, C++ Programming for Engineers, Microeconomics, Managerial Accounting, Asian Philosophy
Work: None, unless you count playing gigs on weekends when I feel like it for some extra cash ;)

Hey, we're at the same school.

Collete: Pennsylvania State University
Major/Minor: Finance/Chinese
Classes: Just a bunch of business stuff. Junk, really.
Live: Dormitory
Work: Campus Police

Kwyjibo
Aug 18, 2006, 11:01 PM

I don't know that many things, but in my experience really smart people don't need to tell others that they're smart, they just prove it as you get to know them. The same goes for really rich people, you don't need to hear it, you see it.

dude like i said my head is so above above above average of genius . it would take 3 liters of vodka +24 beers + 2 bottles of champaign to get me drunk im just a loose

champaign is a town in central Illinois, champagne is a white sparkling wine. You must be smart if you can drink enough to legally kill an extremely obese man. And you must be a genius since you keep telling us that, it all makes perfect sense to me!

xsedrinam
Aug 18, 2006, 11:05 PM
Why am I all of a sudden having a mymemory deja vous moment?

Chundles
Aug 18, 2006, 11:08 PM
Why am I all of a sudden having a mymemory deja vous moment?

Don't know but I knew it was coming.

katie ta achoo
Aug 18, 2006, 11:08 PM
My stats:

Collete: University of Houston Honors
Graduating Year: 2010.. maybe!
Major/Minor: DUAL DEGREE: BS Economics, BBA Finance global energy management
Classes: YES!
Start: Monday
Live: AT HOME WITH MY PARENTS. YEA!
Work: Hand model.

mariahlullaby
Aug 18, 2006, 11:10 PM
I don't know that many things, but in my experience really smart people don't need to tell others that they're smart, they just prove it as you get to know them. The same goes for really rich people, you don't need to hear it, you see it.

Agreed. And smart people also don't have to convince themselves they're amazing by posting about how much more amazing they are than the strangers on a message board. If you are so fabulously wealthy, intelligent, and gifted, don't you think you wouldn't be so insecure? I mean what are you trying to prove? :rolleyes:

panoz7
College : UNC Chapel Hill

I was a BME major there last year... but I transfered.

College: North Carolina State University

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Graduating Year: '09 or '10

Classes: Diff EQ, Engineering Graphics, Freshmen :eek: English, Physics III, Engineering Programming

Living: Dorm, move in tomorrow, errr... later today, it's to late.

I'll hopefully be transferring into the design school (that's why I left UNC) next semester and will never have to take calc, physics, or chem again!

mariahlullaby
My stats:

Collete: University of Houston Honors
Graduating Year: 2010.. maybe!
Major/Minor: DUAL DEGREE: BS Economics, BBA Finance global energy management
Classes: YES!
Start: Monday
Live: AT HOME WITH MY PARENTS. YEA!

Are you really a hand model? Because then I so love you.

katie ta achoo
Aug 18, 2006, 11:16 PM
Are you really a hand model? Because then I so love you.

I'm still growing out my nails, but mark my words.. I'll be a hand model.

Gonna get my portfolio shot soon, shop it around.

I'm excited. (http://flickr.com/photos/sabortijuana/sets/72157594178987541/)

(yeah.. any designers, photographers, etc. need one? HIRE ME. Feel good that you're making a young girl's dream come true AND helping a poor college student. :p)

mariahlullaby
Aug 18, 2006, 11:21 PM
I'm still growing out my nails, but mark my words.. I'll be a hand model.

Gonna get my portfolio shot soon, shop it around.

I'm excited. (http://flickr.com/photos/sabortijuana/sets/72157594178987541/)

(yeah.. any designers, photographers, etc. need one? HIRE ME. Feel good that you're making a young girl's dream come true AND helping a poor college student. :p)

Hahaha, I love it. Good for you! Hope you make a bazillion doing it. :p

steelphantom
Aug 19, 2006, 12:04 AM
Hey, we're at the same school.

Collete: Pennsylvania State University
Major/Minor: Finance/Chinese
Classes: Just a bunch of business stuff. Junk, really.
Live: Dormitory
Work: Campus Police

Another Penn Stater! :D I'm assuming you're at University Park? I'm at one of the branch campuses (Fayette) for one more year, but I'll finish at UP for my final two years.

ZoomZoomZoom
Aug 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
Another Penn Stater! :D I'm assuming you're at University Park? I'm at one of the branch campuses (Fayette) for one more year, but I'll finish at UP for my final two years.

Yep, at the UP. Fun stuff =]

I can't get my mind off of Zoolander now :p

jsm4182
Aug 19, 2006, 12:47 AM
College: Johnson & Wales University Providence Campus
Graduating: 2009
Major: Web Site Development
Classes: Web Design Concepts, Intro to Data Communications, Desktop Publishing, Intro to Ecology
Live: crappy dorm
Start: Sept 5
Work: Graphic/Web designer for Office of Students Activities

quruli
Aug 19, 2006, 12:54 AM
College: Illinois State University
Graduating: 2009
Major: Journalism
Minor: East Asian Studies
Classes: Writing for the Media, English 102, Soc 102, Econ 101, Magazine Design couse(which is gonna be fun), Photography, Japanese Film - 19 hours total
Live: I have a studio about 15 minutes away on bike
Start: 2 days ago
Work: ITS at public library - it is such a sweet job

puckhead193
Aug 19, 2006, 12:54 AM
College : "Camp Curry" ;)
Major : communication (TV)
Classes : don't remember off hand, a lot of communication/TV classes
Start : Sept 6
Live : suite style
Work : no comment :o

Blackheart
Aug 19, 2006, 12:56 AM
College : University of Washington
Graduating Year : 2007 (only two quarters left!)
Major : Economics
Classes : Survey of US History, History of Jazz, Intro to Russian Cul/Civ, Econometric Methods (gotta finish up those stupid random requirements)
Start : Sept. 27th
Live : Apartment with a friend
Work : IT - university newspaper

d wade
Aug 19, 2006, 02:44 AM
College : Florida State University
Graduating Year : hopefully '07...'08 is more realistic
Major : Business
Classes : ugh.. 5, 3 on friday, and early
Start : 28th whatever that day is
Live : West10 apartments
Work : no job now... will work with dad later as automotive executive.

not looking forward to going back

adroit
Aug 19, 2006, 03:16 AM
Classes: Physics II (Electronics and Magenetism), Calculus III, C++ Programming for Engineers, Microeconomics, Managerial Accounting, Asian Philosophy

Are you sure that PhysicsII is not either Electromagnetic and Magnetism or Electricity and Magnetism?

Electronics and Magnetism just doesn't sounds right. :confused:

gauchogolfer
Aug 19, 2006, 03:31 AM
I'll start:

College : Colorado School of Mines

Good luck at Mines! I think you'll be fine in physics I, if you placed out of Calc I and II (where I started). No need to freak out.

Mines classes of 98 (B.S. Eng. Physics) and 99 (M.S. Mat. Eng.)

MR is a good resource for engineering course help as well :)

steelphantom
Aug 19, 2006, 08:27 AM
Are you sure that PhysicsII is not either Electromagnetic and Magnetism or Electricity and Magnetism?

Electronics and Magnetism just doesn't sounds right. :confused:

You're right it's Electricity and Magnetism. I can never remember what the name of that class is! :o

NEENAHBOY
Aug 19, 2006, 07:49 PM
College: Columbia College Chicago
Graduating year: 2010
Major: Marketing Communications with a concentration on Advertising
Classes: Integrated Marketing, Intro to Public Relations, English Comp I, New Millennium Studies (whatever the hell that is), Consumer Behavior
Start: 9/5, but I move into the dorm on Thursday
Live: Dorm, at least for the first year. Apartments in downtown Chicago are actually much cheaper than dorm living, so I may look into that
Work: Nothing for at least the first couple years

Verto
Aug 19, 2006, 08:49 PM
College : North Central Texas College / University of North Texas
Graduating Year : 2010/2011
Major : Undecided. Leaning to a Communications/PR major, or a Political Science major, with emphasis in Comm.
Classes : Still working on general/core classes. British Literature, General Biology, History to 1650, and Business Calculus
Start : August 28th
Live : Apartment, 2 roommates. About to move into a different apartment, with one roommate.
Work : I work at Albertson's right now, as a manager, handling the Front End/registers and cash in the store, etc.

sadatkarim
Aug 19, 2006, 09:14 PM

me_94501
Aug 20, 2006, 06:03 PM
College : University of California, Berkeley
Graduating Year : December 2006 (yay!)
Major : English
Classes : A couple of English classes and Art History
Start : August 28
Live : home
Work : Sales Assistant @ The Scholar's Workstation (UC Berkeley campus computer store)

maestro55
Aug 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
College : Texas State Technical College - Waco
Major : Computer Networking Systems Administration (Unix), Networking Security Technology
Classes : College Success Skills, Integrated Software Applications, Network+, Personal Computer Hardware, Programming Logic & Design, Introductory Algebra (yes I suck at math and have to take a remedial)..
Start : Next Monday...
Work : Wal-Mart Supercenter..

AliensAreFuzzy
Aug 20, 2006, 08:50 PM
Let's See...
School: Purdue University
Grad Year: 2010, maybe 2011
Major: Electrical Engineering
Classes: Introduction to Engineering Disciplines, Calc III, English Composition, Advanced Chemistry for Engineers
Start: Tomorrow
Live: Dorms

ravenvii
Aug 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
College : Not Telling University
Graduating Year : 2007
Major : Double majoring in philosophy and history
Classes : World Civ. 2, Research Methods, 20th Century European history, and a history-related Special Topics class of which I've forgotten the topic... :o
Start : Next Monday.
Live : Dorm Style... recnogize.
Work : ... umm... Does getting drunk and pimpin' it up count?

Porscheboy16
Sep 2, 2006, 04:35 PM
University of Delaware
Undergrad: Class of 2006, University of Delaware, BA Economics
Graduate School: MA Economics
Fall 2006:
-FINC850: Financial Management
-ECON801: Microeconomics
-ECON802: Macroeconomics
-ECON822: Econometrics
Work: 20 Hrs @ a financial firm
Computer: MacBook 2.0

GoCubsGo
Sep 4, 2006, 12:07 PM
University of Delaware
Undergrad: Class of 2006, University of Delaware, BA Economics
Graduate School: MA Economics
Fall 2006:
-FINC850: Financial Management
-ECON801: Microeconomics
-ECON802: Macroeconomics
-ECON822: Econometrics
Work: 20 Hrs @ a financial firm
Computer: MacBook 2.0
I have so much respect for you. I'm working on an MBA right now and knee deep in some econ classes right now. Needless to say I'm pulling my hair out!

extraextra
Sep 4, 2006, 12:21 PM
College : University of California, Irvine
Graduating Year : 2009
Major : Journalism
Classes : Political Science 105, Biology 200, Advanced French: Syntax and Composition, Communication Studies 131
Start : Next week? The week after? Ack.
Live : Apartment with my lovely roommate.
Work : None. I'm looking into getting a job though.

sikkinixx
Sep 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
Simon Fraser University
Hopefully done in '08 for my bach, '09 for my EDP junk
History Major, Poli Sci Minor
Classes this semester are Canadian History (pre-confed), Cognitive Sciences and Macroeconomics (stupid requirements)
Start on Wednesday (nnoooooooooo!)
Living at home until my gf moves here then I will be at her place more than at home (get where the gettin's good)
Working as a shipper/reciever with any hours I want @ 13$ an hour