Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
How many of you adjust things when you're shooting? When I'm using my P&S I almost always change my ISO myself. When I'm using my SLR I HAVE to focus myself, but I don't adjust anything else, everything else is on auto unless I want a desired effect with the shutter speed.

What about you guys?

iHotu

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
at large
I have a real hard time manually focusing with my 20D, so I use auto focus all the time. I usually set the shutter speed based on lens length and let the camera suggest a f-stop, then adjust from there. I also will change the ISO, but I wish it was displayed in the view finder, hate it when I leave it at 800/1600 :mad:

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Manual exposure 90%, Aperture priority 10%
iTTL flash control
AF unless AF cannot focus, then I use manual (thank god for AF-S lenses).

You might want to consider a Katz Eyes split screen if you use manual focus so much.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I usually use AV setting. So far, AF has been able to focus properly. I am sure I will come across with the shots which require the manual focus when AF cannot do the proper focusing.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I'm in Av mode pretty much all the time, and I let the lens do the focusing, unless I'm shooting something with intense backlighting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.