Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Doesn't the mac mini have nearly the same specs as the MacBook? If so, I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Just make sure you have at least 1 GB of system RAM.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
EricNau said:
Doesn't the mac mini have nearly the same specs as the MacBook? If so, I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Just make sure you have at least 1 GB of system RAM.
Yeah, I did everything I was supposed to (I think), but I couldn't get it to work. 1 GB RAM, lowered video resolution to make sure I wasn't using up all of the video memory on pixels, changed themes, etc... nothing would cause the Aero color scheme to become available. That's why I'd like to hear from someone with a Mac mini who HAS gotten Aero to work.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Offtopic: clayj, what build of Vista are you running and did you have to jump through the previous hoops to install?

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
treblah said:
Offtopic: clayj, what build of Vista are you running and did you have to jump through the previous hoops to install?
5472, and no special hoops. I did delete the 200 MB EFI partition during installation, so Vista installed without any hiccups. I just can't get Aero to work.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Clayj - what's with the new Avatar ? Looks like a blues brother :D

Did you make sure you changed the graphics drivers for the GMA950 listing in device manager to Intel Lakepoint drivers.

Only these drivers allow Glass/Aero on the GMA950

Then in the graphics display appearance option (which is actually fiddly to find in Vista) manually selected the Aero theme ?

Here's the thread where I got aero working on my macbook, I would have thought and hoped it was the same

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/208063/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.