Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2006
I've got dual monitors working just fine with my Macbook in Windows however I can't figure out how to make the ACD the primary monitor. The Graphics settings for the Intel card doesn't seem to let me make te ACD the primary. I can do that just fine in OSX and with other laptops on XP. Any suggestions?

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
St. Germain said:
I've got dual monitors working just fine with my Macbook in Windows however I can't figure out how to make the ACD the primary monitor. The Graphics settings for the Intel card doesn't seem to let me make te ACD the primary. I can do that just fine in OSX and with other laptops on XP. Any suggestions?

If you go into Display Properties and then go to the Settings tab, both monitors should be represented (1 and 2). Your ACD should be 2. If you click on 2, this should enable a check box right below the resolution slider that says "Use this device as the primary monitor." Check that and click ok. This should solve your problem.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
try just using windows settings:
- right click on desktop -> properties
- go to settings
- can't remember this part exactly, but should be a setting here to assign the primary (1) and secondary (2) monitor.

edit: wow what timing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.