Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will the Red Sox make the playoffs?

• Yes! They'll be buying $500 standing room playoff tickets at Fenway come October!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No way, the Twins & White Sox are too darn good and the Yankees have the East all to themselves!

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

jaxstate

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
My cousin is a Sox fan.....he's been dodging my calls all week.:D
yankeefan24 said:
I'm sure you can guess what I voted.

The Yanks have the east to themselves.:D

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
for many years, it was exciting to see if they would get there and beat the yankees, for one, since the bronx team seemed to have a perennial playoff spot in the american league, and if the sox would ever win the world series

but now that they have gone the distance with a ring, and beat the yankees en route, i kind of lost interest in the red sox

let's see the cubs or sf giants make a run for it one day and get their ring

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
The fact that they don't play a truly bad team until Kansas City on September 8th doesn't help.

Still, stranger things have happened.

I'm not *expecting* them to make it, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised...

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Unspeaked said:
The fact that they don't play a truly bad team until Kansas City on September 8th doesn't help.
What happened last time they played KC? Oh yeah, swept. :(

Oh well, once 'Tek gets back, most of the pitching woes should be gone. Fewer stolen bases too I bet.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Counterfit said:
What happened last time they played KC? Oh yeah, swept. :(

Oh well, once 'Tek gets back, most of the pitching woes should be gone. Fewer stolen bases too I bet.
Might be to little to late tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.