PDA

View Full Version : ventillo

mikeyredk
Mar 22, 2003, 04:34 PM
i just found this posted up on versiontracker its so funny. currently putted on my powerbook tell me if it helped u

vniow
Mar 22, 2003, 04:37 PM
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18847

alset
Mar 22, 2003, 06:07 PM
Oh, that's just great! HAHAHA! I love it. Wish I could flip it to cool from right to left, though.

Dan

MrMacMan
Mar 22, 2003, 06:10 PM
Is it fake software?

or does it work?

mac15
Mar 22, 2003, 06:18 PM
you joking right, you didn't ask that, its just a little animated fan, nothing more

janey
Mar 22, 2003, 06:52 PM
is ventilloo supposed to be a real virtual fan or a total joke because i think it's actually working...

beatle888
Mar 22, 2003, 08:18 PM
i think its just suppose to make you feel cooler.

MrMacMan
Mar 22, 2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by mac15
you joking right, you didn't ask that, its just a little animated fan, nothing more

At that time I didn't download it, I see that the animated picture is helping ALOT.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 22, 2003, 10:46 PM
something i will keep for the summer:)

G4scott
Mar 23, 2003, 01:48 AM
Hey guys, this program is a Must for all 12" PowerBook owners. Keep your PowerBook from heating up with this wonderful utility. It lowered the temperature of mine about 5°F...

You should really try it. It really works!

Edit: Holy crap!!! Just kidding :D I just thought i'd post this, but after doing some stuff online and ripping a few CD's on battery power while laying on my bed, my 12" PowerBook has heated up like you wouldn't believe... The right side, which normally gets hot, is not nearly as hot as the left side... The entire bottom of the PowerBook is way too hot to handle... IT IRONED MY SHEETS!!! I know laptops can get hot, and improper ventilation doesn't help, but geez, you'd think this little fan program would do something :cool:

holmesf
Mar 23, 2003, 12:12 PM
Haha...you guys crack me up...:D

(I'm the programmer of Ventilloo, also longtime reader here)

Anyhow, if you thought that was good, wait till version 2.0!

-Multispeed control
-Sound options
-Titanium alloy enclosure
-Blows every Windows offering out of the water
-Now capable of cooling to 2 degrees Kelvin

Be sure to check out my other stuff too! I've made stuff much more practical than ventilloo:
http://homepage.mac.com/solidmag/cv/

Check out danlab's stuff as well, he is equally if not more awesome than me :P
http://danlabgames.com/

MrMacMan
Mar 23, 2003, 12:44 PM
Woo, I think that increased my iMacs fan. Too many apps open I think. ;)

Intresting way of cooling your mac tho. :cool:

janey
Mar 24, 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by holmesf
-Now capable of cooling to 2 degrees Kelvin

please tell me you're kidding...2 degrees kelvin is like...waaaaay below freezing point...

MrMacMan
Mar 24, 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by übergeek
please tell me you're kidding...2 degrees kelvin is like...waaaaay below freezing point...

More specifically it is 2 degrees kelvin from absolute zero in which all matter breaks down and deteriates.

holmesf
Mar 24, 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
More specifically it is 2 degrees kelvin from absolute zero in which all matter breaks down and deteriates.

Well I'm glad someone got the point!

Yes, two degrees Kelvin is indeed very cold! If you check your computers manual you will find it cannot operate in such temperatures. Do not be alarmed, however. The new version installs new firmware in your computer that initiates your computers built in flux capacitator, easily fixing this problem.

bennetsaysargh
Mar 25, 2003, 02:45 PM
isn't the flux capacitator from back to the future?

macfreek57
Mar 25, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by holmesf
... The new version installs new firmware in your computer that initiates your computers built in flux capacitator, easily fixing this problem.

that is awesome! keep it up
i was having a problem with my ibook on pluto :D

holmesf
Mar 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
isn't the flux capacitator from back to the future?

Back to the future?

Okay...now who's talking gibberish? :D

bennetsaysargh
Mar 26, 2003, 03:01 PM
Okay...now who's talking gibberish? :D [/B]
i was responding to this
The new version installs new firmware in your computer that initiates your computers built in flux capacitator, easily fixing this problem.