PDA

View Full Version : Best place for 12" PB Ram

Gidman
Mar 24, 2003, 10:32 AM
What is the best place (read cheapest and most dependable or a combination thereof) to purchase RAM to max out a 12" Powerbook? I have no experience buying RAM through the Internet, and am a little nervous about farging a brand new computer.

I checked RAM Seeker and they suggested 18004Memory.com, but they list the RAM as generic. What is the collected wisdom of the MR community? Advice?

Gid

sparkleytone
Mar 24, 2003, 10:37 AM
As long as you go thru the Apple Hardware links with 18004memory, it is guaranteed. They are probably the best place to get memory and have an outstanding reputation.

If you want to make sure you are getting what you need and being taken care of by other Mac users, you need to order from MacSales/OtherWorld (http://eshop.macsales.com). These guys are the best when it comes to catering to us picky users.

Foxer
Mar 24, 2003, 10:57 AM
I maxed out my 12-inch PB last week. I bought Kingston RAM from googlegear.com. (This was also my first go at personally adding RAM to a Mac.) They had a good price and members of the community here vouched for the brand - but as with everything on these boards (including the coor of the sky, i suspect) there were advocates for and against it. All I can say is that the price was right, they delvered quickly and after a little more than a week, everything is working fine on the PB.

zarathustra
Mar 24, 2003, 11:02 AM
The best prices for brand and non brand memory I found here : DataMem (http://www.datamem.com)

zimv20
Mar 24, 2003, 11:19 AM
i read the subject and thought to myself, "in the RAM slot, silly" :-)

sprocklingcat
Mar 24, 2003, 12:24 PM
www.dealram.com ram search engine

also i check www.dealmac.com , an affiliate site for daily mac deals

FlamDrag
Mar 24, 2003, 12:35 PM
I prefer Crucial.com - very helpful and quality product. They make RAM - and that's about it.

sparkleytone
Mar 24, 2003, 12:55 PM
if you are willing to wait and pay alot of money, the 1GB chips are just around the corner. This way your PB would have 1.125GB of RAM. That would be sweet.