PDA

View Full Version : Look What I Just Got! Yea Ha!!!!

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 01:31 PM
Got all of my "stuff" today. The guys at General Cybernetics came through big time.

Now I have to get it all set up. I've never used OSX before, but I think I'll get through it. Also have to hook all of the airport stuff. I'll need help from you folks I'm sure, so if you see my tag, please respond.

I've got a hockey game tonight (Over 40 league), so I'm going to have to walk away for a couple hours this evening.

My kids are going to be itching, so I better get going.

Looks like I'll be up late tonight!!!

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 01:33 PM
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?u=1681338&a=13752876&p=63038882&Sequence=0&res=high

Here's a picture. Thought I attached the file. I guess I don't know what I'm doing.

timbloom
Mar 25, 2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Hockey Nut
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?u=1681338&a=13752876&p=63038882&Sequence=0&res=high

Here's a picture. Thought I attached the file. I guess I don't know what I'm doing.

"photo unavailable"

cubist
Mar 25, 2003, 02:10 PM
Hey, just give us a list of all the goodies! If you're gonna "Yee Hah", and want us to "Yee Hah" with you, we gotta know about the loot!

Mr. Anderson
Mar 25, 2003, 02:28 PM
Congrats - so let us know what you got.

And I'm thinking the guy over at GeneralCybernetics would be Backtothemac?

D :D

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 02:36 PM
O. K., here goes:

PM Dual 1.25, Combo, 60g HD, 1.75g RAM, airport extreme, Applecare (DVD-r and extra 120g HD on the way from OWC)

12" PB, Combo, 640mb ram, airport extreme, Applecare.

Airport Extreme base station.

airport card for my lowly imac G3 (going to my son).

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1681338&a=13752876&p=63038882&f=0

Mr. Anderson
Mar 25, 2003, 02:41 PM
Nice! That a 20" LCD? Very jealous......hope you have a great deal of fun with those systems.

D

Doctor Q
Mar 25, 2003, 02:47 PM
Looks like you have a Cinema Display too. Nice choices!

Originally posted by Hockey Nut
I've got a hockey game tonight (Over 40 league), so I'm going to have to walk away for a couple hours this evening.

Sticks and pucks may break my nuts, but body checks won't hurt me. Go Wings!Welcome to MacRumors, Hockey Nut. You didn't fill in Interests field on your profile page, so I guess we'll have to take a wild guess what your hobby is. ;)

It shouldn't take much to set up your new equipment, especially since you are already a Mac user -- unless of course your kids insist on "helping"! If you have any trouble, we're all here ready to help.

wsteineker
Mar 25, 2003, 02:47 PM
Oh my sweet god. That is so incredibly badass! I think I need to go change my underpants now...

On a lighter note, I WANT TO BE YOU!!! :)

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 02:49 PM
Yea, that's the 20". How the h*** could I forget to mention a $1300 display. Actually I bought a package, which saved me about $800 for the whole thing. The ram upgrades are on their way.
I just installed the Airport extreme cards, even though the instructions from Apples website are wrong!!

Long live Apple!

timbloom
Mar 25, 2003, 03:02 PM
I wish I had all that, I would not leave the house for a week!

tliptak
Mar 25, 2003, 03:16 PM
Lucky Lucky Lucky

chewbaccapits
Mar 25, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by timbloom
I wish I had all that, I would not leave the house for a week!

I don't think I would leave period...

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 04:42 PM
I'm writing this on my new 1.25, 20" yippie!!! yippie!!!!

Couldn't get the Airport to work. The manual didn't say I had to install the software. I figured it out.

Now to get the PB up and running for my daughter. She's acting like a kid right before opening presents at Christmas.

I can't believe how fast this thing is, and I have 1.5 G more ram coming!

I'd skip the hockey game tonight, but we're in the playoffs. Darn!

GeneR
Mar 25, 2003, 04:47 PM
Very, VERY cool. I'm green with envy.

MacFan25
Mar 25, 2003, 05:54 PM
Looks like you've got some awesome equipment! You are very lucky! :D

alset
Mar 25, 2003, 06:07 PM
I think everyone can join me in saying "Congratulations, you S.O.B." ;)

Just kidding - Very happy for you. Welcome to Mac OS X and the Mac Rumors forum. Now join us in FOLDING! :)

Dan

kylos
Mar 25, 2003, 06:19 PM
USE 'EM. USE 'EM WELL. I know a guy who got a PM dual 1.0 GHZ completely maxed when they first came out w/ 2 15" lcd's, fcp, dvd studio pro, lightwave, etc,etc as well as a 15" PB, airport and all that. He's barely touched it. I've worked with him on some filming projects and talked up Apple to him and he plans on using it, I think he may just be a little nervous of all that power;) :) I'm trying to convince him to give me some of the gear; I'd use 'em.:D

And, oh yeah, GO WINGS!!!!

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm going to use them. My wife may kill me, but I'm going to use them.
It's a little overwelming, but it's fun.

Had a problem installing the airport card in the G3 imac. There is supposed to be a holder for the card to slide in the plastic holders. Anyone know where I get one of these. I don't see where the pins would plug in either.

Airport extreme is working like a champ for the PM and PB.

This is sweet!

(Wings are up 4-0 in the 3rd period. My team won tonight. Now all we need is for the Hockey Gods to help us tomorrow night, and we're in the championship)

Macmaniac
Mar 25, 2003, 09:00 PM
Drools over keyboard, can I be your daughter??
Lucky!! Plz tell all you can about your 12in PB, I hope to get one as well. Sweet Setup!!

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 10:14 PM
I haven't used the PB much yet. got the airport set up, all the admin. and had to go to my game. It's still charging, it's been almost 6 hours. Apple says to charge all the way, let it fully drain, and then you can charge as you see fit. The screen is small, but it's a neat little machine. maybe it just sems small because I'm looking at this 20" monster.

What resolution should I have 20" set to. It fired up at 1680 x 1050. Fonts sure seem small, but I can view 2 web pages at the same time. :)

beatle888
Mar 25, 2003, 10:27 PM
i cant believe your daughter got a POWERBOOK :D damn, now thats how every kid should live :D you got such an incredible set up. when i saw that picture my eyes opened wide :eek:

neut
Mar 25, 2003, 10:36 PM
congratulations...(macs AND hockey? hell yeah!)

can't wait to get my daughter a portable (she loves my 15"). let us know what she thinks of her's.

the lcd should be set to the native resolution on start up. keep it there, it well look the best -- you can adjust the text diplay prefereces later.

nice setup man. very cool...

peace.

Hockey Nut
Mar 25, 2003, 10:42 PM
Uh oh, the wife made a list of things she wants done in the house for a payback. i think I'll have to redo the kitchen. Got to keep the little lady happy.

But it will take away from my computer time, D***.

Anyone who has been whining about the noise of the PM is nuts. i can barely hear mine. Very quiet.

timbloom
Mar 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
If you just happen to not need that powerbook, I will take it! The 20"er too!

macphoria
Mar 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
You are a sick man, Hockey Nut. What glorious self-indulgence! I need bit of that!

iMook
Mar 25, 2003, 11:31 PM
Holy Mother of G-d.

I feel crapalicious just looking at your setup in their boxes. Wow.
Congrats! I wanna be your daughter... though i'm a guy, but that doesn't matter in the face of a new 12" Albook!

P.S. - that's a helluva lotta green to burn on computers (I'm assuming you're not a programmer/graphic designer)

beatle888
Mar 25, 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by iMook

P.S. - that's a helluva lotta green to burn on computers (I'm assuming you're not a programmer/graphic designer)

does anyone have any idea on when these industries are gonna pick up again? at least enough for me to get a job. damn i need to work. oh well....im still sharpening my skills in this down time. photoshop is mastered, im now working on flash.

god that was off topic, sorry. but any insight to the industry (graphics, mainly print) would be appreciated. go ahead and PM me so we dont hi jack the thread.

beatle888
Mar 26, 2003, 12:00 AM
question, cant you use the PM for a base station?

macphoria
Mar 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
From what I hear from buddy of mine in CA, it is not a good time for print. He says it is decent for guys in video work and DVD menu design. Advertising and print is slow due to lousy economy says the guy.

I wish I was bringing in bucks to afford what Hockey Nut got. Heck, I'll settle for half of what he got. Heck I'll settle for just Airport station.

nanosound
Mar 26, 2003, 12:16 AM
Everything is slow in CA, especially the bay area, where lots of jobs have disappeared, and it's not over yet. Just drive around and you'll see lots of commercial For Lease signs. It will be a long slow climb out of this. Unfortunately a lot of great talent has left the field forever to take up retail and service jobs.