Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
CA
This week I was deleting my son's account off my imac. I hit the option to permanently delete everything. I forgot about his itunes!!! So, when he went on the other computer to sign on he must have hit to update on that computer and he wiped out everything on his ipod! So, my question is....is there still a way to get the 'lost itunes" file off the hard drive of the deleted account? Needless to say, he is not happy - as in 600 songs not happy! :(

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to tell you, but I don't think there is anyway :( Unless he still has the music on the iPod HD. But with the way that you have explained things i think it is impossible now.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
He definitely wiped the iPod when connecting to the other computer? Check if it still has the songs when you use the iPod itself. If so, he could try an app. called Senuti to rip the songs from the iPod to computer. iPodrip is a similar app. Doesn't sound like this is the case though. :(

Why don't you have a backup of your iMac!? :mad: Seriously, you should have a backup for things like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.