Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
I ordered the 2.0 ghz core duo iMac and then like 2 days later, they all come out with C2D. It is so frustrating. Will the new iMac blow the old ones out of the water?

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
I got it already... I tried to cancel it but it was already on its way :( do you know if the new ones will be a whole lot better?

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
Don't you have 14 days to return it? Or maybe this isn't true if you customize it?

It would be nice to get the Core 2 but it's not the end of the world. You still have a great system.

I'm still on a 17" 1Ghz G4 iMac.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Yeah I dont know if I can return it. Ok I thought it would still be good. I'll just have to get a core 2 duo when I give this comp to my dad.
MovieCutter said:
They'll be better, but not a LOT better. If you ordered from Apple, call them up and ask for a price adjustment due to the updates. That should weaken the pain some.
Ordered from Pc Mall but it wasnt that bad. They lowered the prices to start with cause they knew the update was coming.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I'mAMac said:
do you know if the new ones will be a whole lot better?

They'll be better, but not a LOT better. If you ordered from Apple, call them up and ask for a price adjustment due to the updates. That should weaken the pain some.

I'mAMac said:
Ordered from Pc Mall but it wasnt that bad. They lowered the prices to start with cause they knew the update was coming.

Now you know why they lowered the price...

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
I am really sorry, but haven't u been on Macrumors for the past 2 weeks...i really cannot feel sorry for you. An updated iMac was about as certain as the Movie Store next week :confused:
Sell it on eBay, if you really want to. Your iMac is fine and you will enjoy it...but seriously i cannot feel much sympathy for you :rolleyes:

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
vouder17 said:
I am really sorry, but haven't u been on Macrumors for the past 2 weeks...i really cannot feel sorry for you. An updated iMac was about as certain as the Movie Store next week
I actually have not been on macrumors for a while. I've been to busy working and doing assignments...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.