Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
I decided to clear all of my artwork because I wanted better quality. I must have some sort of OCD, but anyway...So iTunes went through and searched for the new artwork but it didnt get everything. So I went through each album and right clicked on one of the songs and hit Get Album Info.

But this didn't work all the time either. So I kept clicking it, and eventually the artwork came up! I don't know why it took 2, 3, 4 times of clicking get art. But it worked. And now I have most of my art!

Hope it's helpful and you understood what I did.

BTW: My Artwork folder only takes up 50 MB and I have over 400 full albums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Verto said:
Is it just me, or does the album artwork not load instantaneously as you scroll through albums?
It's not just you... if you're scrolling fast iTunes needs time to catch up every now and then... :)

JHacker said:
Artwork folder...?

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Verto said:
Is it just me, or does the album artwork not load instantaneously as you scroll through albums?
Yeah I noticed this to. It's kind of annoying.

Nuc

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Nuc said:
Yeah I noticed this to. It's kind of annoying.

Nuc

I restarted my comp (also ran Xupport first, don't know if that mattered) and the album artwork is loading a lot faster - not perfect, but a lot better.

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
For those who want to get itunes album arts:
1, create a playlist and put the music which you want get ablum asts into it
2, search the music in itunes store
3, drag any song you've already have from the store into the playlist
4, edit information of the one in your computer to make it exactly the same with the store one (at least name, artist and album name)
5, click Get Album Artwork and you will get the artwork
6, copy the artwork, then select all songs under the same album and paste artwork

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
KKKL said:
4, edit information of the one in your computer to make it exactly the same with the store one (at least name, artist and album name)
6, copy the artwork, then select all songs under the same album and paste artwork

sometimes you need to clear old artworks first

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
JHacker said:

It's really nice to have them separated like that, but I'm curious what that gunk is before the JFIF headers.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
Crazy. It's working for me after multiple tries. Maybe it's just taking multiple tries because iTunes is so busy with people trying to get artwork? I wonder what's going to happen when I try this with albums where iTunes fetched the incorrect artwork.

For example: "Deja Entendu" by Brand New. Anyone else have a problem with this one? It gives just the astronaut from the real album cover, but on a plain black background. Definitely NOT the real album artwork. I don't know why that's even in the store.

Daniel.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I can see the newly downloaded artwork for some of my albums in iTunes, but when I sync the iPod it doesn't copy over, it just tells me the iPod update is complete. Presumably I'm doing something wrong? :confused:

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2003
The "CD Rack" feature is really cool and works very fast on my Mac Pro. However, I can't get some album art no matter how many times I try. There are some that I have and every time I scroll to them I see the music notes and then the art loads a second or 2 later. Every time I load iTunes, those same 4-5 albums show no art until I scroll to them and then it loads. Very annoying...

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Although I think its a good addition to iTunes, I don't think it works very well at the moment. Apart from the fact iTMS has very few of the albums I have ripped from CDs I also have quite a few songs which are not on albums and therefor have no data in the 'album' field (Stuff ive made in GB, etc, etc), CoverFlow the stand-alone app never used to display these but iTunes now displays them as unknown. Although good, still needs some work for me

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
Loge said:
I can see the newly downloaded artwork for some of my albums in iTunes, but when I sync the iPod it doesn't copy over, it just tells me the iPod update is complete. Presumably I'm doing something wrong? :confused:

Same problem here. :( No idea what I'm doing wrong, everything is the same as I had it before.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
It's not just you... if you're scrolling fast iTunes needs time to catch up every now and then... :)
Artwork folder...?

Indeed...there is a Album folder now but its on my internal HD but my music is located on my external....I was thinking about moving it but I will leave it alone for now.

Bless

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
KKKL said:

You could do all that, or you could get Clutter

and get iTunes artwork with one keystroke....your choice

astrobot10

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2005
I deleted the artwork on the TV shows I bought from iTunes but when I cleared my entire library (to download the new stuff from iTunes), and now it won't download.

Has anyone confirmed this working for TV shows?

jblock

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
I discovered that the covers I downloaded through the ITMS with this new version don't show up in the screen saver that shows the different album covers.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
luckylisp said:
Same problem here. :( No idea what I'm doing wrong, everything is the same as I had it before.

OK, it's working now. To get the new album art copied over to the iPod -

Under the music settings for the iPod you need to uncheck "Display album art on your iPod" and click Apply, and then check it again and click Apply. Then the album art is "optimized" and new album art is copied over.

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
jblock said:
I discovered that the covers I downloaded through the ITMS with this new version don't show up in the screen saver that shows the different album covers.

You're right! I hope they fix this soon! Since I started from scratch on my CD Covers, all I have is Bill Maher from a Podcast spinning around on every square! Nooooooo!

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
yg17 said:
Yeah, this is pissing me off. Albums that are in the iTMS still aren't getting the artwork....

Yeah, what's up with that? I have just handful of ITMS-bought tracks, and they have artwork (of course), then I have songs that I have gotten through other means (ripped myself etc.). I click on one, and the minibrowser in the bottom shows the correct album that songs comes from. Yet it does not fetch the artwork, even though I click "get album art" (or whatever it was called). It's obvious that itunes does know the correct album, but for some reason it does not fetch the artwork.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.