PDA

View Full Version : How long does an Apple eMac last?

tbluhp
Sep 14, 2006, 04:11 PM
I have had my emac sense April 2003. How long have you had yours for? I am using the emac as my only computer.

Butters
Sep 14, 2006, 04:13 PM
jan 2005 - today

tbluhp
Sep 14, 2006, 04:23 PM
well for xmess i was thinking of trading in my emac to buy a new intel mac mini off ebay?

Do you think i should buy a new mac nothing wrong with my emac just want to update it. But dont really have all the money...

Manzana
Sep 14, 2006, 04:44 PM
unfortunately, nothing is wrong with your emac.

G4 800-1000 MHz with 32MB video card? that should be fine for common everyday stuff. spend your money on something else, maybe a nice camera, or videocam, ipod...because your computer is good enough.

you could upgrade when leopard comes out though, but i think you'll be able to run it fine!

tbluhp
Sep 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
thanks for the advice but my emac 1ghz doesn't have usb 2.0. I own a ipod video that I bought last Christmas. So mabey the new nintendo wii?

smartalic34
Sep 14, 2006, 04:51 PM
my family is still using an 800MHz eMac (I got a MBP for college)... have been since may 2003. I must say, it is still running beautifully, and when I come home on break, I expect to see it still chugging along like a champ

dopey220
Sep 14, 2006, 07:15 PM
Well, I've had my eMac for about three days now, and no problems so far!

... Seriously, though, I got it when my school sold it after replacing the eMacs with new Intel iMacs. It was used extensively by many, many people, and it runs about as well as you could expect a 700 MHZ G4 with 512 RAM to run.

gman71882
Sep 14, 2006, 07:27 PM
I manage a Lab of 22- 1GHZ emacs and all are still working fine today. About 3 years old.
I had one with a Hard Drive failure, which was easily fixed. But other than That absolutley no unfixable problems at all.

Jschultz
Sep 14, 2006, 07:29 PM
At my school, there's a lab of at least 20 1ghz eMac's, and I use them perfectly fine, 10.4, widgets and all. Never let me down!

nagromme
Sep 14, 2006, 08:55 PM
I've still got the original 700Mhz eMac. Runs great :) I even use it for GarageBand and UT2004 sometimes. (With reduced complexity in both cases!)

timnosenzo
Sep 14, 2006, 10:05 PM
It will be 2 years next month. Love it, just wish the HD was bigger. :o

Old Smuggler
Sep 15, 2006, 07:24 PM
well my emac was running great til i installed realplayer
after i corected that problem its better
love my emac 1.25 superdrive i installed the bluetooth & AE my self was definitly worth it
got a 1GB ram stick on the way hoping it will get me to next summer after leopard
then ill let my parents use it as their first mac to tryout

Baculo
Sep 15, 2006, 07:44 PM
My first eMac was purchased Sept. 2002 (800 MHz G4, 768 MB ram), now running OS 10.4.7. No complaints except that the resolution of the monitor has slowly degraded. I use it everyday but text is hard (but not impossible) to read because it is slightly blurry. I have a second newer one, used by many user accounts. Works fine although there has been some erratic behavior of the optical drive.
Bottom line: good solid machines, only update if really needed.

dansgil
Sep 15, 2006, 07:51 PM
I've had my eMac since June 2004 and have never had one problem with it.

nagromme
Sep 15, 2006, 09:15 PM
I did have a problem. Remember how the first eMacs had a big batch with defective video cables? I got one. And I put off taking it in for warranty service. And kept putting it off... longer... and longer...

I did get the repair done, and well within warranty, but by then I was using a pretty darned small image in the middle of my screen :D I kept using Displays Preferences to adjust.

Old Smuggler
Sep 16, 2006, 01:48 AM
has anyone else experienced the intermittent high pitched squeal or noise from their emac?

wyatt23
Sep 16, 2006, 02:21 PM
my eMac was given to me from my aunt. 700 MHz with a gig of ram. i upgraded the HD. when i get another computer with a big disk to use, i'm going to overclock to 900 MHz and swap the crt out with a 17" LCD and throw a TV Tuner in there. This computer is going to get to the point where it's not going to be entirely useable, so i might as well have the most fun with it that i can.

Old Smuggler
Sep 16, 2006, 10:15 PM
my eMac was given to me from my aunt. 700 MHz with a gig of ram. i upgraded the HD. when i get another computer with a big disk to use, i'm going to overclock to 900 MHz and swap the crt out with a 17" LCD and throw a TV Tuner in there. This computer is going to get to the point where it's not going to be entirely useable, so i might as well have the most fun with it that i can.

Sounds expensive especially considering how much the "Crank" alone would cost to finish a project like that :eek:

Carson
Sep 17, 2006, 01:07 AM
weve had ours since 2002

uleecow
Dec 26, 2006, 05:11 PM
I bought an emac Feb 2005, and now it won't even start without being in a safety boot mode. Can anyone help me out on what to do? Would reinstalling the whole computer help? Thanks.

mBurns
Dec 26, 2006, 08:33 PM
I use to have an eMac. I bought it new, it was the 1.42 Ghz G4 version. It ended up going to my mom when I got my MacBook Pro. It's a sweet machine. Very stable, sturdy, and quite fast. For regular consumer applications, it's not slower then my MacBook Pro. Also, the 64 MB graphics card was a nice little bonus for the last generation eMacs! Makes them that much more future-proof, if that's possible.

eXan
Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
I use to have an eMac. I bought it new, it was the 1.42 Ghz G4 version. It ended up going to my mom when I got my MacBook Pro. It's a sweet machine. Very stable, sturdy, and quite fast. For regular consumer applications, it's not slower then my MacBook Pro. Also, the 64 MB graphics card was a nice little bonus for the last generation eMacs! Makes them that much more future-proof, if that's possible.

Yes, the last generation eMacs were pretty well equiped. 1.42 GHz G4, 512 RAM, 160 gig HD and, more importantly, a Radeon 9600 64 MB which was significantly faster than 9200 in previous gen. and supported Core Image. I even have that 9600 in my iMac now (with 128 MB VRAM and higher clock speed though).

My first eMac was purchased Dec. 2001 (800 MHz G4, 768 MB ram), now running OS 10.4.7.

eMacs came out in spring 2002.

As for me, my eMac was 3 years old when I sold it and got my current G5 iMac. Had it since late october 2002 till early november 2005. It was a 700 MHz model with 640 MB RAM, upped HD from 40 to 120 gigs and a SuperDrive instead of standard CD-RW :)

Irish Dave
Dec 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
I bought an emac Feb 2005, and now it won't even start without being in a safety boot mode. Can anyone help me out on what to do? Would reinstalling the whole computer help? Thanks.

That well may do the trick, but it certainly won't do any harm.

dave :)

orangemacapple
Dec 27, 2006, 12:11 AM
had mine 3 years. works perfectly. loved that machine.

nothing would go wrong with it so i junked it for an mb.
i hate getting rid of something that works that reliably, but what am i going to use 2 computers for.

not really junked - gave it to family member while it still has some life in it. don't you hate it when somebody passes down something that's obsolete and you really don't want it.

11bears
Dec 29, 2006, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=eXan;3182225]Yes, the last generation eMacs were pretty well equiped. 1.42 GHz G4, 512 RAM, 160 gig HD and, more importantly, a Radeon 9600 64 MB which was significantly faster than 9200 in previous gen. and supported Core Image. I even have that 9600 in my iMac now (with 128 MB VRAM and higher clock speed though).

I have my eMac for about 2,5 years it is a 1.25 Ghz and I upgraded the ram to 512 The best mac ever made up to now! The only down side is that it has 32 vram. Does anyone know a way to upgrade it to 64 vram ?

eXan
Dec 29, 2006, 11:43 PM
I have my eMac for about 2,5 years it is a 1.25 Ghz and I upgraded the ram to 512 The best mac ever made up to now! The only down side is that it has 32 vram. Does anyone know a way to upgrade it to 64 vram ?

Why do you need extra 32 MB?

No, there's no way to upgrade ANY video card's VRAM. And there's no way to upgrade the video card on eMac.

trainguy77
Dec 29, 2006, 11:46 PM

No, there's no way to upgrade ANY video card's VRAM. And there's no way to upgrade the video card on eMac.

Yeah thats the biggest down side. It really limits the system when it comes to any types of games. Luckily start wars battlefront still will play. :D

eXan
Dec 29, 2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah thats the biggest down side. It really limits the system when it comes to any types of games. Luckily start wars battlefront still will play. :D

Oh Really?

Its not the amount of VRAM that matters in game speed, but core and VRAM frequences + number of pixel pipes and vertex engines.

So, for example, Radeon 9800 128 MB is faster than Radeon 9200 with 512 MB.

trainguy77
Dec 29, 2006, 11:57 PM
Oh Really?

Its not the amount of VRAM that matters in game speed, but core and VRAM frequences + number of pixel pipes and vertex engines.

So, for example, Radeon 9800 128 MB is faster than Radeon 9200 with 512 MB.

Thats true, thats why battlefront for example will play even though it requires 64 or so its says.......

dllavaneras
Dec 29, 2006, 11:57 PM
I've still got the original 700Mhz eMac. Runs great :) I even use it for GarageBand and UT2004 sometimes. (With reduced complexity in both cases!)

How well does it run Garageband and what features can't you use? I've been wanting to play with it, but I should probably upgrade the memory first... 384 is too little RAM these days

eXan
Dec 30, 2006, 12:11 AM
How well does it run Garageband and what features can't you use? I've been wanting to play with it, but I should probably upgrade the memory first... 384 is too little RAM these days

I had a 700 MHz eMac with 640 MB and I used GarageBand and played UT2004 a lot.

GB was fine until a point when you have a lot of software tracks/really complex software loops.

UT2004 on the other hand was slow. I could play some 1on1 matches at good fps (30 average) on simple maps (Idoma), but onslaugh and assault crawled. Settings I used were 800x600 textures at normal, world detain on low (really helps FPS), some of the checkboxes checked (like coronas and projectile lighting)

Hope this helps.

dllavaneras
Dec 30, 2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks :) The only game I ever played was Return To Castle Wolfenstein (I totally beat it :D), and ever since I got a PS2 computer gaming ceased for me. I really want to try out GarageBand, maybe I'll even start making my own podcasts to study... I'll buy some more RAM first though. Thanks!

11bears
Jan 1, 2007, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=eXan;3191797]Why do you need extra 32 MB?

I am trying to play AoE III, I got it for X-Mas but it when I try to start the game I get a window and it sayes "Your main viodeo card must have at least 64 MB of VRAM to play Age of Empires III."

Or is there a way around this problem, like a virtual upgrade ? Or maybe a posible ajustment to the game, although it seems impossible to get in to the game

FDX
Jan 1, 2007, 07:08 AM
Since the fall of 2005 My first Mac (my wife talked me into it after our PC died) Best thing we ever did.

wozzlewoozle
Jan 1, 2007, 07:22 AM
I've had my 1GHz emac since Nov 2003, and it still runs fine. For basic stuff (i.e., e-mail, internet, word, excel) I don't see why it wouldn't last another 3 years or more. for gaming (not really my thing) it may not be suitable. Thus it comes down to what you wish to do with it.

sushi
Jan 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
I have had my emac sense April 2003. How long have you had yours for? I am using the emac as my only computer.
Macs tend to last a long time.

While I don't have an eMac, I have other older Macs that still work fine such as a PB170 that I purchased around 1993.

My guess is that your eMac will continue to serve you will for a long time.

eXan
Jan 1, 2007, 08:07 AM

I am trying to play AoE III, I got it for X-Mas but it when I try to start the game I get a window and it sayes "Your main viodeo card must have at least 64 MB of VRAM to play Age of Empires III."

Or is there a way around this problem, like a virtual upgrade ? Or maybe a posible ajustment to the game, although it seems impossible to get in to the game

Never heard of a game that behaves in such way. It seems that AoE is getting gready. This looks like some sort of built-in hardware detector/blocker that sees that you have less than minimum specs and locks the game. Try lowering the texture quality, if it works. If it doesnt, look for some kind of hack that removes this detector/locker.

miloblithe
Jan 1, 2007, 09:06 AM
Since October 2003. 160GB HD, 640MB RAM, 1Ghz. Combo drive.

Mine's fine for most everything, although it's certainly slow when dealing with 10 megapixel pictures in iPhoto, uploading those pictures through USB 1.1 (full 1 GB card took about 45 minutes), playing Civ III, switching around when I've left 6 programs and 20 web pages open...

Another problem is the screen started being excessively flickery about 6 months ago. It's OK on 1024x768 with the higher scan rate (89 Hz), but on 1280x960, at 72Hz it's quickly headache inducing.

Just got a video camera, and eventually not being able to burn DVDs will be another serious limitation. Computer can't run Civ IV or Sims II, which would be fun. But, with a baby on the way, playing video games isn't really a priority.

I'm hoping that this computer will last until January 2008, in time for iLife '08 and the new Quad Core 3.0 Ghz iMac or Super Mini.

11bears
Jan 3, 2007, 10:54 AM
Never heard of a game that behaves in such way. It seems that AoE is getting gready. This looks like some sort of built-in hardware detector/blocker that sees that you have less than minimum specs and locks the game. Try lowering the texture quality, if it works. If it doesnt, look for some kind of hack that removes this detector/locker.

I was wrong to say that is it seems impossible to get in to the game, I got in. Now the big question is: what am I looking for, where do I look, what needs to be adjusted/removed ?

by the way thank you for helping out

3CCD
Jan 3, 2007, 12:54 PM
My buddies eMac that he got back in 2003 (I think) is running like a champ. He runs photoshop no problem but is incredibly slow. Hes looking to upgrade to a MacBook Pro in less than a week or two.

dogbone
Jan 10, 2007, 03:01 AM
I've got two. A 1.25 9600 radeon 32mb Vram 768Mb RAM, and a 1.42 with 64mb vram and 1.5GB of RAM. Ist bought in sept '04 and the second a few months before they stopped selling them.

GarageBand came with a bunch of sample songs, my emac can play all the songs in the folder marked G5 without much hassel and they have a lot of tracks. It also runs X-plane quite well. Even the 32mb emac runs x-plane acceptably.

Both of them have no problem with huge Photoshop or Painter files.

TraceyS/FL
Jan 11, 2007, 09:17 AM
Kids got their 1.25mz one Christmas of '04. It's been in for Service - I think the video issue that is now a perma fix - took them DAYS of replacements to figure it out and fix.

But, it's rock solid and the best thing for my 3 kids. THey put their grubby hands on the screen all the time :D

However, it's faster than my iBook - BUT, it won't run Aperture. I need Aperture, so i'm trying to figure out how to get myself a MacBookPro to carry me the next 3 years!

The iBook will then go to my 11 year old, and the younger 2 can keep fighting over the eMac.

I expect it to just keep on trucking.

PS - add the RAM. I bumped them to 1gb and don't regret it. It was cheap - and its great!!!!

Mammoth
Jan 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
My school has one that's 8xx Mhz and has (I think) Jaguar installed. They work fine, although a bit clunky compared to Tiger.

After G
Jan 11, 2007, 11:45 PM
eMacs are built like tanks!

Bought a 700 MHz one in Sept. 2002. Moved to an iBook in 2005 and a mini in 2006. Still working in 2007, 4.3 years later.

Of course, I've overclocked it to 900 MHz, added a dual-layer burner, topped it off with 1 GB of memory and gave it a 300 GB HD. All that abuse and taking it apart and it still works. Wish it had USB 2 for my shuffle but since it has FW I'm not crying over it.

mad jew
Jan 12, 2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah, the eMacs at work are getting along fine. The only problem is when newer software comes out that they struggle with, but we've got original ones that won't need replacing for quite some time yet. Sometimes we don't need the latest and the greatest.

CanadaRAM
Jan 12, 2007, 12:40 AM
Well, seems like I'm the only dissenting voice.
I'm seeing eMacs starting to fail (like iMac G3's before them) with burnt out video/analog boards.

The combination of motherboard, powersupply and CRT in one casing makes the all in one machines prone to heat failure in these components. An the cost of the parts exceeds the value of the machine. If I was getting a used machine that I wanted to keep for the longer term it would not be an eMac.

Oh, and burnt out Firewire ports too. This can happen in a G4 tower as well, true enough, but at least you have PCI slots to install a replacement Firewire (or USB or Ethernet) card.

Zygon Gambit
Jan 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
My eMac (new in August 2004) had to have its logic board replaced recently. While it was covered by Applecare, I still had to lug the thing to the shop: even from the carpark below it was a real effort. All the way I was thinking "should have bought a laptop".

It's got 1Gig of ram, and seems to work well now. I'm planning to give it to my children when its out of Applecare, as a first computer.

KingYaba
Sep 24, 2007, 01:12 AM
It is quite fun to look at these old posts. I too am an owner of an eMac and it is running strong. 1.2ghz 512 RAM and mainly used for ClubPenguin or Webkinz. :)

Naimfan
Sep 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
I hadn't even realized how old the thread was until I saw Kingyaba's post.

My son has a 1 GHz eMac with 1 Gb of RAM--runs very well. Built like the proverbial tank! And runs Tiger just fine--but IS a bit slow on iMovie 06!

Runs Civ 3 and Rise of Nations pretty well--although it will not let him run the Lego Star Wars game, so I have to figure out how to get him a machine that will.

KingYaba
Sep 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
The 1.25ghz eMac (USB 2.0) can run Halo quite decently.

ADent
Sep 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
I have a 800 MHz eMac and it is running pretty good. I have problems with the upgraded internal drive (7200rpm 120GB) I threw in (power supply overload? flaky HD?), but it run great if booted off the external and the internal works fine in this manner.

I have a new 24" LCD (1900x1200) hooked up to the eMac and it is doing good.

The 800MHz eMac with 768MB RAM feels a lot snappier than the 2600MHz (aka 2.6GHz) Windoze machine I have with 512MB RAM.

The only real downside is the USB 1.0 ports. Since I have the Windoze box (mainly for TiVo support & TyTool) nearby I run my iPod off that since it has USB 2.0 ports.

trainguy77
Sep 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah the lack of USB 2.0 is a real downside to some emacs.

rollsroyce442
Oct 28, 2007, 09:50 PM
My 1.25 ghz emac is constantly freezing and I'm not sure whats causing it. I can use it for a few min. but it will still freeze. Can someone tell me if its a software or hardware problem and what is my solution. Thanks

mad jew
Nov 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
rollsroyce442, it's difficult to say what the problem is without running a few tests. A good place to start is to check back over any recent changes you made to your machine's hardware and/or software configuration. After that, maybe run the Apple Hardware Test that came on a CD with your machine.

rollsroyce442
Nov 3, 2007, 10:19 PM
A couple things, i havn't changed any hardware, and I bought the computer used and didn't get any of the original disks. What I know is that my emac runs fine in safe mode so I'm inclined to think that this is a software problem.

rollsroyce442
Nov 3, 2007, 10:19 PM

mad jew
Nov 4, 2007, 12:08 AM
I agree that it's almost certainly a software problem. Do you have any retail version(s) of OSX you could use to reinstall the OS with? An Archive & Install (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107120) may get you back on your feet. :)

rollsroyce442
Nov 4, 2007, 07:48 AM
I don't but I was thinking about getting 10.5 but wanted to check and make sure I wasn't wasting my money. Thanks

ryannel2003
Nov 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
My eMac just turned 3 in October and it was a great machine! Also my first Mac. However, it sits in my brothers room now! :) By far my favorite Mac I have owned (had iBook G4 and just sold my Mac mini). Now I'm looking forward to a brand new Al iMac!! :0

mad jew
Nov 5, 2007, 10:02 PM
Well, we've just had a batch of about three start failing at work. They were all bought at different times and interestingly, the oldest eMac we have (original one) is still fine. Replacing them with iMacs as we speak, and these things are just so much faster! Still, the eMacs had a good innings. :)

macintouch
Nov 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
It'll probably run forever. How well? well, that's a different story. ;):D

rollsroyce442
Nov 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
My 1.25 ghz emac is constantly freezing and I'm not sure whats causing it. I can use it for a few min. but it will still freeze. Can someone tell me if its a software or hardware problem and what is my solution. Thanks

Ok, I've now upgraded my ram to 1 gig and installed 10.5 but am still having the same problems and I still have to run in safe mode, what can I do? I live to far from an apple store to take it there.

FJ218700
Nov 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
Ok, I've now upgraded my ram to 1 gig and installed 10.5 but am still having the same problems and I still have to run in safe mode, what can I do? I live to far from an apple store to take it there.

same thing with one I used to have (1.0 GHz). Booted up and worked until a graphics-intensive operation was initiated (minimizing with genie effect was enough), then froze. Is it freezing at any moment, or maybe when opening/closing a window, screensaver starts, etc.?

Logic boards are not worth replacing on those, buy a mini instead.

rollsroyce442
Nov 12, 2007, 06:35 PM
same thing with one I used to have (1.0 GHz). Booted up and worked until a graphics-intensive operation was initiated (minimizing with genie effect was enough), then froze. Is it freezing at any moment, or maybe when opening/closing a window, screensaver starts, etc.?

Logic boards are not worth replacing on those, buy a mini instead.

Do you think it's the logic board? it runs fine in safe mode so I would think it's a software problem. it is very much triggered by graphics, zooming on the dock, genie, expose, ect.

FJ218700
Nov 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
If safe mode is okay, I guess it could be a faulty airport card then (if applicable), or some combination between given fonts taxing the video processor during certain tasks.

did you do a clean 10.5 install?

did you ever to a clean install back in 10.4 when these troubles began.

I definitely think its the logic board. Read what CanadaRam said above, back in January. I too have seen the eMacs in my department begin to fail over the past year.

edit: if possible, try to get another mac and boot via FW T-mode from the second (funtional) Mac's HD. If it is just a software issue, the eMac will no longer freeze. Continuous faulty behavior likely means hardware.

ilanasaysrawr
Nov 12, 2007, 08:53 PM
April 2005 - today
25 gig on the hard drive
1gig RAM

It's running like crap. Slower than ever. Stupidly, i trusted running iMovie on it for making 15 minute projects which can go up to 7gig or more.

My iPhoto doesn't open up. It freezes every time i try. I dont even attempt anymore. too scared.

Can't run more than 2 programs at once which is a real pain.

FJ218700
Nov 12, 2007, 08:59 PM
April 2005 - today
25 gig on the hard drive
1gig RAM

It's running like crap. Slower than ever. Stupidly, i trusted running iMovie on it for making 15 minute projects which can go up to 7gig or more.

My iPhoto doesn't open up. It freezes every time i try. I dont even attempt anymore. too scared.

Can't run more than 2 programs at once which is a real pain.

is it a 30 GB hard drive? Check your RAM slots in the system profiler. repair permissions, try safe mode, etc.

rollsroyce442
Nov 14, 2007, 11:01 PM
If safe mode is okay, I guess it could be a faulty airport card then (if applicable), or some combination between given fonts taxing the video processor during certain tasks.

did you do a clean 10.5 install?

did you ever to a clean install back in 10.4 when these troubles began.

I definitely think its the logic board. Read what CanadaRam said above, back in January. I too have seen the eMacs in my department begin to fail over the past year.

edit: if possible, try to get another mac and boot via FW T-mode from the second (funtional) Mac's HD. If it is just a software issue, the eMac will no longer freeze. Continuous faulty behavior likely means hardware.

Ok, I know the problem, it's because it's an emac. The capacitors are leaking orange goop and it's started to exhibit all the signs described on apple web page for the extended repair program. The only issue for me is weather or not apple will fix it for free. My serial number is within range but because I am the second owner, I can't tell what the original purchase date was so I don't know if it has been more than 3 years. is there any way to find out that date. I'm gonna call apple but just checking if there is any more information out there.

docjhr3
Nov 14, 2007, 11:35 PM
July 2002. Still running like a champ:)

ABM
Nov 15, 2007, 05:24 AM
I bought my eMac in mid 2004. I still use it as my stationary computer at home... Had a free ATI board replacement a few weeks ago. :D
eMac G4, 1.0 GHz, 768 MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.3.9

But i think it will be time for an update with the rev b Alu iMac in early 2008.

drewdeezee
Nov 16, 2007, 12:45 AM
2nd day with used eMac 1.25 GHz / 1GB RAM / Leopard and so far so good. :)

rollsroyce442
Jul 3, 2008, 09:42 PM
well, for the last 6 months or so (ever since I gave up on my old emac) I've been working with a very old windows laptop and finally got tired of it and bought a new imac! I love mac!

dukebound85
Jul 3, 2008, 09:44 PM
after 5 years, my 1ghz emac is now having issues with the crt. :(

ihabime
Jul 3, 2008, 10:46 PM
well, for the last 6 months or so (ever since I gave up on my old emac) I've been working with a very old windows laptop and finally got tired of it and bought a new imac! I love mac!

I was wondering why someone would dig up such an old thread, from looking at your profile I see that since you joined last year this is the only thread you post in. For some reason I find that really amusing :)