Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BKKloppenborg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
La Mesa, Ca
Hey guys i have a question with my Macbook Pro (Specs in Signatrue) WIndows does not reconize that i have a Dual core, just a Single Core at 2.16, its driving me crazy, Can i fix this to make it see the extra core and USE it? (XP Home SP2) One last thing anyone gottton Control Alt Delete to work what keys are they on Macbook Pro Top Right delete key isn't right??!! (Tried that delete)

Thanks, Brian

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
In the Device Manager, expand the processor link. If there are two processors there is it using dual core. Are you only seeing one there?

BKKloppenborg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
La Mesa, Ca
jamesmcd said:
In the Device Manager, expand the processor link. If there are two processors there is it using dual core. Are you only seeing one there?

it says 2 processors, but i was told that XP Home does not use both, only XP Pro does. Windows will not play fear (Bootcamp not very well on High settings) While in Mac i can run Doom 3 Ultra high settings. So that is why i didn't think it was using 2 processors.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
BKKloppenborg said:
it says 2 processors, but i was told that XP Home does not use both, only XP Pro does. Windows will not play fear (Bootcamp not very well on High settings) While in Mac i can run Doom 3 Ultra high settings. So that is why i didn't think it was using 2 processors.

XP Home can use two cores – it can't use two processors. Pro can use two processors, therefore up to four cores at the moment.

BKKloppenborg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
La Mesa, Ca
Mackilroy said:
XP Home can use two cores – it can't use two processors. Pro can use two processors, therefore up to four cores at the moment.

Oh wired so its normal for System properties for it to say only 1 Core? 2.16?

I guess i was just suprised that it was not running Fear well on High compared to Doom 3 on Ultra high. Thanks, guys

demenas

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA, USA
BKKloppenborg said:
Oh wired so its normal for System properties for it to say only 1 Core? 2.16?

Look in Task Manager. The "Performance" tab should show two graphs under "CPU Usage History". Then you can see with your own eyes how the system is using the CPU.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.