PDA

View Full Version : We have produced over 3000 points daily for 6 Days!

Stelliform
Apr 3, 2003, 01:26 PM
Check out our numbers here. (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/folding/teams/detail_3446.html)

Also welcome to our new members

on 4/2

wsdr
scem0

on 4/3

tweeks
Tonic_Angel
etoiles

The most amazing thing is that we have already surpassed 3000 points today and it is only 1pm. Yesterday we barely made 3000 points by midnight. Keep up the good work! And keep crunching!

medea
Apr 3, 2003, 01:38 PM
that's good news, and it's nice to see more new folders, though the only name I recognise from here is scemo.

Mr. Anderson
Apr 3, 2003, 01:44 PM
Wow, that's really impressive. I'd love to find a few more machines to sign up, but I just don't have any at work that I can use. I should try and convince some of my coworkers to do it -hmmm, might give that one a try.

D :D

mcrain
Apr 3, 2003, 02:52 PM
Ok, I'm interested, but I'm not sure what I'd have to do.

I have a 1gig TiBook. There are lots of times at home where it could be folding, but I tend to shut it when I'm not using it.

In addition, I take it to work where I don't have an internet connection (I have to use my PC due to a novel firewall), so it could fold here, but it would be unable to connect back to the folding site until that evening.

Any advice?

eyelikeart
Apr 3, 2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by mcrain
I have a 1gig TiBook. There are lots of times at home where it could be folding, but I tend to shut it when I'm not using it.

I wouldn't do it on a TiBook. My 667 heats up at the drop of a hat (well, more like 3 or 4 applications) and I'm quite certain it would run it's ass off, but heat up a lot. :(

and when the hell will my activity show up?! :rolleyes:

Mr. Anderson
Apr 3, 2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I wouldn't do it on a TiBook. My 667 heats up at the drop of a hat (well, more like 3 or 4 applications) and I'm quite certain it would run it's ass off, but heat up a lot. :(

I run on my 667 TiPB no problem...

what's you folding name eye? You should have completed a few WUs by now...

D

britboy
Apr 3, 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

I fold on a tibook too (rev a 500MHz). The fan runs most of the time, but i figure it's hardly going to do any damage. The 1GHz model actually runs cooler that mine though, so mcrain should be fine.

Mcrain> What i'd suggest is that he keeps it folding whilst at work (or wherever else he may be using it), and then connect to the internet at home to send the results/receive a new wu. It's not at all essential to send results immediately upon finishing them. It can just wait 'till you're next online.

Stelliform
Apr 3, 2003, 07:22 PM
I am in the exact same situation with my TiBook. I leave it on at night folding, (Plugged and the fan running all night) and I stop folding at work. I would recommend the console version. (http://folding.stanford.edu/OSX/OSX.html#console)

The graphic version was significantly slower for me. Also check out Rower's FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21908&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) if you want to know anything. I used it to get setup on the console version...

Hope you join us!

rainman::|:|
Apr 3, 2003, 08:25 PM
okay, i have a folding question that i might as well bring up now... i'm on a 400Mhz iMac... i ran the screensaver client at first, and it produced a workunit every week or so. Then i switched to the background version (without terminal open) and in the last 4-6 weeks, it's produced two units. The current unit has been chugging away for at least 3 weeks alone, and i'm starting to get worried... i realize the units can vary in size, but is this at all reasonable??

thx!

pnw

G4scott
Apr 3, 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
okay, i have a folding question that i might as well bring up now... i'm on a 400Mhz iMac... i ran the screensaver client at first, and it produced a workunit every week or so. Then i switched to the background version (without terminal open) and in the last 4-6 weeks, it's produced two units. The current unit has been chugging away for at least 3 weeks alone, and i'm starting to get worried... i realize the units can vary in size, but is this at all reasonable??

thx!

pnw

I think it's reasonable. If you can look up the protines it was crunching then, and the ones it is crunching now, you can see the difference in time, and points on some page at the F@H website. I can't find it now, but it's there...

Stelliform
Apr 3, 2003, 09:25 PM
Points page (http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html)

alset
Apr 3, 2003, 09:47 PM
I am about to pass 600 points. I only made it to 500 a couple days ago. Thought I'd share that.

I'm coming after everyone in the 600 - 700 range. You guys are toast! :)

I'm glad to be a part of such a respectable team.

Dan

crazytom
Apr 3, 2003, 10:03 PM
Team Austech.Info here we come! Less than 12 hours to leave them in the dust!

I'm coming up on my 500th point. I was proud to have passed arn up for about 6 hours and actually break into the top 50. It was a nice stay, but too many powerhouses keep bumping me down again!

I can't wait for the altivec core to come out!

Stelliform
Apr 3, 2003, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to point out that we have sumbitted over 4000 points today!!!! :eek:

Whatever y'all are doing, keep it up!!!

chibianh
Apr 3, 2003, 10:49 PM
is there any way to view what members have submitted how many WUs daily? I want to see who the main power houses are.

crazytom
Apr 3, 2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
is there any way to view what members have submitted how many WUs daily? I want to see who the main power houses are.

Check here. (http://teamstats.macnn.com/fold/stats.php?page=a1&TID=3446&sort=StatsRate&order=desc)

Interiority
Apr 4, 2003, 02:40 AM
Looks like we've finally made it into 33rd place... Team Austech.Info are nicely toasted.

MrMacMan
Apr 4, 2003, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to say keep it up

I'm still in D.C and things are going okay... I guess I post more when I get back :D

See yah later. ;)

4000 points a day! kicken!

bousozoku
Apr 4, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Interiority
Looks like we've finally made it into 33rd place... Team Austech.Info are nicely toasted.

That's even with the highest I've seen ever for this team.

amnesiac1984
Apr 4, 2003, 12:38 PM
G4Scott, I noticed that and I seem to be goin gup the board at an equal rate. However, since receiving my PSU upgrade from apple My dual 1gig MDD runs as smooth as silk so it will now be folding 24/7 (or whenever I'm not in os 9 runnn gmusic apps).

Skurn
Apr 5, 2003, 04:46 AM
I turned in my first WU a little over a week ago or something with my old 400mhz iMac, and it's almost done with it's second now. Yesterday I got my new 17" iMac! :D I will run F@H as often as I can spare it + my old iMac running 24/7. Our output is incredible! Keep it up!

bertinman
Apr 7, 2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Stelliform
Points page (http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html)

is that it???

i looked at the frame sizes and none are above 400... but my machines have all at one time finished a 500, 600, or 700 one (not sure about 700, I think I might have dreamed that one :).

- bert

MrMacMan
Apr 7, 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by bertinman
is that it???

i looked at the frame sizes and none are above 400... but my machines have all at one time finished a 500, 600, or 700 one (not sure about 700, I think I might have dreamed that one :).

- bert

*cough*
Lay Off The ______ (Drug)
*cough* ;)

No really there are no bigger frames than 400. Maybe your thinking of the name of the protein...
Such as 'p720_ABeta17-42' has only 100 Frames.
:D

dabirdwell
Apr 7, 2003, 11:12 AM
My work reports often say something put of 600. In the form 577/600.

This is not the # of frames?

MrMacMan
Apr 7, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by dabirdwell
My work reports often say something put of 600. In the form 577/600.

This is not the # of frames?

Post your print out... 600 frames is really weird... are you sure your folding... not G@H ?

jhershauer
Apr 7, 2003, 12:35 PM
MrMacman,
No, he's not looking at the protein number. He's describing exactly what I see every day. Here's a typical log entry from one of my machines:

[17:28:19] Protein: P633_TZ3_EXT
[17:28:19] - Run: 111 (Clone 14, Gen 12)
[17:28:19] - Frames Completed: 0, Remaining: 400
[17:28:19] - Dynamic steps required: 5000000

My log typically shows 400 or 600 frames being worked on for each WU.

Oh, and the "Currently Running Projects" page at the Folding@home website lists a whole bunch of 400 frame projects. There aren't any 600 framers listed right now, but that doesn't mean they don't exist (they could also be beta projects, which aren't listed).

Maybe you're the one that needs to...
*cough*
Lay Off The ______ (Drug)
*cough* ;)

[One final edit...I thought you had told Bert that there weren't any 400 frame projects, either...thus my added stat info above. I'll leave it there anyway (along with my gentle ribbing) in case you've already read it.]

All in good fun, of course.

Regards,
Jeff

bertinman
Apr 7, 2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jhershauer
MrMacman,
No, he's not looking at the protein number. He's describing exactly what I see every day. Here's a typical log entry from one of my machines:

[17:28:19] Protein: P633_TZ3_EXT
[17:28:19] - Run: 111 (Clone 14, Gen 12)
[17:28:19] - Frames Completed: 0, Remaining: 400
[17:28:19] - Dynamic steps required: 5000000

My log typically shows 400 or 600 frames being worked on for each WU.

Regards,
Jeff

I knew I wasn't totally messed up.

I have a 600 frame one at home but Im at work, and it'll be done by the time I get back... so no proof for awhile from me...

Also, I set the client to do only F@H not G@H... but for future reff, does G@H wu's go towards the team?

- bert

jhershauer
Apr 7, 2003, 01:04 PM

I knew I wasn't totally messed up.

I have a 600 frame one at home but Im at work, and it'll be done by the time I get back... so no proof for awhile from me...

Also, I set the client to do only F@H not G@H... but for future reff, does G@H wu's go towards the team?

- bert

Yeah, I just finished one at home yesterday that had said 600, but I'm at work, too. I'll have to check the project name when I get home tonight (assuming it's still in the log).

I had mis-read the prior posts and thought MrMacman was saying that there weren't any 400 frame projects, either, but re-reading it, he just said there weren't any greater than 400 frames.

[Edit: I just checked out my stats page, and noticed that I've completed a number of WUs for project 799, which is not listed on the Current Projects page. Perhaps this is where the 600 frame WUs are coming from. It does say that this project "augments" G@H research, which further differentiates it from the other projects I've worked on.]

Jeff

MrMacMan
Apr 7, 2003, 11:22 PM
I must applaud you: jhershauer

you have corrected yourself and then re-corrected yourself so many times it aint funny.

Genome@home might have some protiens 400+ I really don't know, but if your getting 600, 800 Frame Protien something is messed up. :rolleyes:

A beta Protien for F@H shouldn't appear more than 2 times in a month... it shouldn't.

bertinman
Apr 7, 2003, 11:24 PM
here's a screen of a new one I started today, lucky me.

- bert

[hope the picture turns up]

jhershauer
Apr 8, 2003, 06:18 AM
Well, I don't have the beginning of the log, as my computer had been shut down in the middle of the work unit, but this shows that there were indeed 600 frames:

[18:26:58] Proj: work/wudata_06
[18:26:58] Finding work files
[18:26:58] sizeof(CORE_PACKET_HDR) = 512
[18:26:58] Checking frame files
[18:27:03] Restarting from checkpointed files.
[18:27:03]
[18:27:03] Protein: LIF/pdblif1.96.xyz
[18:27:03] - Frames Completed: 60, Remaining: 540
[18:27:03] - Dynamic steps required: 108000

Messed up or not, at least we got some Team MacRumors points for it.

Zeke
Apr 8, 2003, 07:56 AM
How long does it take you guys to go through a WU? I know it depends on the WU but generally how long per frame. My Dual 1Ghz MDD is about 12 min/frame but the previous post said he started a 500 frame protein today that was 75% done. Is something wrong with my machine or was that a windows machine? Thanks.

[Edit] Just noticed it was a windows machine...Man, we need the Altivec core badly. [\Edit]

jethroted
Apr 8, 2003, 11:54 AM
Check out our numbers here. (http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/folding/teams/detail_3446.html)

Also welcome to our new members

on 4/2

wsdr
scem0

on 4/3

tweeks
Tonic_Angel
etoiles

The most amazing thing is that we have already surpassed 3000 points today and it is only 1pm. Yesterday we barely made 3000 points by midnight. Keep up the good work! And keep crunching!

Yeah! We are hauling @$$! Very impressive.

Mr. Anderson
Apr 8, 2003, 12:03 PM

So when is this page going to be updated?

I made 1000 points yesterday and it not showing :D

Also some milestones should be WUs competed.

D

Rower_CPU
Apr 8, 2003, 01:21 PM
That page hasn't been updated in a while since the maintainer is out of town and his machines got turned off in a power outage.

Should be back up soon.

bertinman
Apr 8, 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
How long does it take you guys to go through a WU? I know it depends on the WU but generally how long per frame. My Dual 1Ghz MDD is about 12 min/frame but the previous post said he started a 500 frame protein today that was 75% done. Is something wrong with my machine or was that a windows machine? Thanks.

[Edit] Just noticed it was a windows machine...Man, we need the Altivec core badly. [\Edit]

I was surprized how much I got done on that one myself... I usually finish one or two a day on that machine. It sits at home doing nothing but sharing it's net connection and folding (its a 1GHz Athlon).

- bert

MrMacMan
Apr 9, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
That page hasn't been updated in a while since the maintainer is out of town and his machines got turned off in a power outage.

Should be back up soon.

Late lastnight the page returned updating.

bertinman
Apr 26, 2003, 02:36 PM
hey guys and gals,

I just got a whoper today,

1250 frames :eek:

the last couple of days have been slow for me, but I hope to get back in gear.

- bert

bertinman
Apr 26, 2003, 02:39 PM
1250 points

sorry the pic didnt go through...

Rower_CPU
Apr 26, 2003, 02:48 PM
That's 1250 frames, not points. Odd that there's nothing on Stanford's project summary page (http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html) for a WU that big.

What's the protein name?

bertinman
Apr 26, 2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
That's 1250 frames, not points. Odd that there's nothing on Stanford's project summary page (http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html) for a WU that big.

What's the protein name?

laugh sorry, yeah I knew it was frames, just got mixed up :o

Ill get the name when I go home.

-bert

MrMacMan
Apr 26, 2003, 08:28 PM
laugh sorry, yeah I knew it was frames, just got mixed up :o

Ill get the name when I go home.

-bert

wow, 1250 fram unit, :eek:

It says your 30% done in the pic, it must be like 2 min/frame. :D

BTW, is it me or do you guys download the pic as a .php and then have to convert it into the real format?

Zeke
Apr 26, 2003, 10:07 PM
Anyone notice we just passed #32.

Thought I'd mention it.

MrMacMan
Apr 26, 2003, 10:26 PM
ah good news.

britboy
Apr 27, 2003, 07:04 AM
hey guys and gals,

I just got a whoper today,

1250 frames :eek:

the last couple of days have been slow for me, but I hope to get back in gear.

- bert

I've got that one too. It's called the P670_TZ2_NAT_EXP, and is worth 73 points. Oddly though it's only got a 20 day deadline.

Been working on it since yesterday, and so far it's 32% of the way through :)

daRAT
Apr 27, 2003, 07:41 AM
I was surprized how much I got done on that one myself... I usually finish one or two a day on that machine. It sits at home doing nothing but sharing it's net connection and folding (its a 1GHz Athlon).

- bert

If I leave my pc on all weekend (which I do), and at 100% cpu usage I can get just about one 400 frame unit done a day. If I fire up a ray-tracing program though all bets are off :P I haven't tried Folding on my Mac Cube yet tho ...

MrMacMan
Apr 27, 2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by daRAT
If I leave my pc on all weekend (which I do), and at 100% cpu usage I can get just about one 400 frame unit done a day. If I fire up a ray-tracing program though all bets are off :P I haven't tried Folding on my Mac Cube yet tho ...

all folding is welcome. :D

britboy
Apr 27, 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Zeke
Anyone notice we just passed #32.

Thought I'd mention it.

You spoke too soon. We're back down in 33rd place again. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day we finally overtake the university of al.....

Zeke
Apr 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
We did pass them, then I guess they got a huge burst of points...oh well. Soon enough.

MrMacMan
Apr 27, 2003, 11:34 AM
bah!

bertinman
Apr 27, 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by britboy
I've got that one too. It's called the P670_TZ2_NAT_EXP, and is worth 73 points. Oddly though it's only got a 20 day deadline.

Been working on it since yesterday, and so far it's 32% of the way through :)

almost :)

p671_TZ2_EXT_EXP

no clue about due date or whatnot, but I'm 850/1250 now.

I don't think all frames are the same, I had a 100 frame sucker a few days ago that stayed cranking for over a day.

- bert