PDA

View Full Version : Adding RAM to iMac G3??

annk
Sep 22, 2006, 02:02 PM
I just got an old iMac G3. It only has 128 MB RAM, and I'm wondering if it's possible for owners to add RAM themselves. I've done it on a PC tower, and on my PB, but not on one of these. Is it hard to get to?

In case I'm being unclear, it's one of these:

http://www.cupertino.de/data/models/imac.gif

shyataroo
Sep 22, 2006, 02:18 PM
as an owner of a iMac G3 as well I feel your pain.

Directions: flip it over to the bottom. there should be 2 ram sticks in there already, take them both out and replace with 1 512 133Mhz ram stick (or if you want 1GB)

annk
Sep 22, 2006, 02:39 PM
as an owner of a iMac G3 as well I feel your pain.

Directions: flip it over to the bottom. there should be 2 ram sticks in there already, take them both out and replace with 1 512 133Mhz ram stick (or if you want 1GB)

Thanks, I'm thinking 1 GB. :)

Warbrain
Sep 22, 2006, 02:48 PM
Pretty darn simple to do it, isn't it? I love those old iMacs. I still have one sitting at home that I use from time to time and it's now a game machine for my little brothers.

annk
Sep 22, 2006, 02:51 PM
This one is mainly going to be used for synching iCal, Address book etc between my PB at home, and the G3 at work. I have a Dell at work, and really miss being able to use iCal actively while at work.

I also have a tablet for Chinese input that is too old for 10.4, so I can finally use that, as well. :)

Now I just have to fork out the $$ for the RAM. :p