PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good comp table?

coopdog
Apr 3, 2003, 05:18 PM
I'm in search for a good computer table. I have done a lot of searching! All the tables I have found are not deep at all, or are way too modern. If I had my way I would get a really modern work station with cpu holders and stuff, but I have to stick with more traditional look. :o

What im looking for, a desk that is about 80" wide won't fit if wider. CPU holder, Keyboard tray...

If anyone can direct me to a good desk site or computer/office tables, That would be very nice!

Thank You!

-Hope to get my new comp soon to go a long with the table :)

Wano
Apr 3, 2003, 06:00 PM
check IKEA!...they got awesome stuff. www.ikea.com

Eniregnat
Apr 3, 2003, 06:03 PM
I have to say the same. Ikea.
Stay away from computer desks and tables, the cheap kind that have 4 billion useless and easily breakable parts and compartments.

I use Ikea at work and the clean modular nature has give us a lot of good use and flexibility.

I am partial to the simple door blank on top of good sawhorses, but that's me. Or a plexen top on the same. But Ikea is a more elegant solution.

Nipsy
Apr 3, 2003, 06:29 PM
I keep lying to myself that I'm going to build a proper desk, but am using a door atop an older desk.

Plenty o' space, and drawers too:
http://homepage.mac.com/chrismenke/images/Desk.jpg

Old photo, with hardware that's since been sold, but you get the idea.

Eniregnat
Apr 3, 2003, 06:35 PM
I can't stand drawrs that can easly be relocated, hence the prefrence for Ikia and a Door on sawhorses.

Your picture does show how useful a large flat surface is.