Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZicklePop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
Why is almost all of NBCs top shows on iTunes but My Name is Earl? Where is Conan O'Brien is Jay Leno is even on there? I understand Conan has his DVD and a few clips but nothing compared to Jay Leno! Jay Leno who by the way, doesn't even get his whole show on iTunes.

I am asking because I have been thinking about this ever since iTunes announced TV Shows and it's been around a year and still nothing. What am I missing? What is Apple/NBC thinking? I'd love to hear what you think.

louish

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
American Fork, UT
i can see downloading movies as a problem, but since i pay my cable bill and have a dvr and vcr, why cant i download it too? (referring to tv shows)

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
Because it's copyrighted. According to your theory, if you pay for a movie ticket you should be able to download the movie too right?

louish

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
American Fork, UT
Well no cause your not allowed to bring movie cameras into a theater. DVR's are not illegal, neither are VCR's. neither is using a Media Center PC to record TV shows, neither is converting your already recorded shows to iPod format?

ZicklePop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
louish said:
bit torrent :)
Ha, yeah thats about the only way!

The issue isn't about TV and copyrights it's why hasn't NBC put Conan or Earl on iTunes. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.