Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
I do not have a Mac yet, but planning on an iMac 20". I have a 60gb refurb iPod due to arrive this week and I am using iTunes7 on my PC. I have found some really good podcasts for golf and surfing, but I am looking for a good Mac related podcast. Prefer a video podcast, but as long as it is a good one, video is not a requirement. Any thoughts? Something that teaches me about Macs would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
KevKaos said:
Hey, thanks for the tip. I really Leo Laporte. I used to watch him on cable all the time. Didn't realize he was much of a Mac guy, but he sure knows his way around a PC.
ahhh yes, before G4 bought out techTV and put on all of it's crap-tastic programming..... it's a shame techTV isn't on any more.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Wolfgang said:
maccast is a really great one. its not video, but it is very complete.

I agree, I like listening to it too, the guy is quite a good talker and the info is usually quite good, but unfortuantly due to MR I already know everything he's gonna say! lol

Cheers

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Xander562 said:
ahhh yes, before G4 bought out techTV and put on all of it's crap-tastic programming..... it's a shame techTV isn't on any more.
I used to actually record hours of TechTV on my Tivo. I really miss it. Leo was grreat at making people understand tech issues.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
sushi said:
You might want to try TWiT (This Week in Technology).

Leo does that one as well.

Thanks. I have downloaded and subscribed to all the suggested casts except this one (at work now so will do that this evening). So far, they have all been exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. The whole iTunes and podcasts things are new to me. I guess I am going to have to get my car stereo set up to allow input from my iPod now. :D :D :D

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
MacBreak Weekly is good too if you want a "weekly recap" of mac news and in an audio format rather than their MacBreak video "tutorial" show. I enjoy both.

Also, a pseudo-Mac podcast/vidcast I really like is CommandN. Try it :)

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
sonictonic said:
MacBreak Weekly is good too if you want a "weekly recap" of mac news and in an audio format rather than their MacBreak video "tutorial" show. I enjoy both.

Also, a pseudo-Mac podcast/vidcast I really like is CommandN. Try it :)
Thanks for the info. I am having a little issue with my iPod that is going to require that I delete everythig off of it, but once I am done, I'll check these out. I'm glad I have this thread, now I will be able to track down all the great podcasts everyone has pointed me to. Hopefully this will be of use to other noobs as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.