PDA

View Full Version : Printer with Rendezvous

petercw2
Apr 7, 2003, 06:52 AM
So are there currently any laser printers with this feature available? Or if not now, any work when there will be?

thanks!

Kid Red
Apr 7, 2003, 08:11 AM
Huh? If you put ANY printer on the X.2 network, rendezvous will see it, that's how it works. You don't need to buy a printer with any special features to use rendezvous.

petercw2
Apr 7, 2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Kid Red
Huh? If you put ANY printer on the X.2 network, rendezvous will see it, that's how it works. You don't need to buy a printer with any special features to use rendezvous.

sorry, I meant bluetooth. I was wanting to go wireless.

Le Big Mac
Apr 7, 2003, 08:45 AM
I think I read an article recently (at maccentral?) noting that HP was introducing a revamped line of personal laserprinters that would include bluetooth servers. (Upgrades to 1200 and 2200 lines). They may have also been introducing some inkjets with similar upgrades.

(edited to correct recollection -- it's bluetooth, although I didn't see the actual server on the hp site yet).

Billicus
Apr 7, 2003, 09:21 AM
This should work: http://www.expansys.us/product.asp?code=HP995C

FattyMembrane
Apr 7, 2003, 02:01 PM
even when i turn on printer sharing in the system prefs, my printer never shows up in the rendezvous section of print center. i've even tried using rendezvous beacon to announce the service and still no luck.

bousozoku
Apr 7, 2003, 03:22 PM
I believe that Brother is the only printer manufacturer with Rendezvous built into its units, at this moment.