PDA

View Full Version : I dropped my Powerbook G4

wicayer
Oct 1, 2006, 03:56 PM
Last night I fell asleep while wathcing a movie on my Powerbook G4 in my bunk bed at school....and well, my computer fell out of my bed and hit the tile floor, falling about 5 feet. Other than a small dent on one corner, and a maulfunctioning screen latch, the notebook is running perfectly. This is amazing! Can anyone tell me what Apple does to protect their notebooks from impact?

Comments about the stupidity of taking my $2000 computer into bed with me? well lets say im a big fan of apple computers....

iBookG4user
Oct 1, 2006, 04:00 PM
Well there is SMS (sudden motion sensor) that stops the hard drive from spinning if it senses that the computer is falling. Other than that, I don't know of anything else, and it is very stupid to take a very expensive computer into bed with you.

GoCubsGo
Oct 1, 2006, 04:32 PM
Can anyone tell me what Apple does to protect their notebooks from impact?

They sell laptop bags.
Revolutionary!

I am glad your PB is ok though.

Zwhaler
Oct 1, 2006, 04:38 PM
Never knew about the SMS, very cool indeed. Oh well, at least it isn't broken.

joepunk
Oct 1, 2006, 04:48 PM
Lucky

Very lucky.

Buy yourself (or ask for X-Mass) a small DVD 7" player and leave the PB on the desk.

Hockeypuck
Oct 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
Well there is SMS (sudden motion sensor) that stops the hard drive from spinning if it senses that the computer is falling. Other than that, I don't know of anything else, and it is very stupid to take a very expensive computer into bed with you.

That and there are so many reinforcments and screws in there, nothing moves!

nickelbackmac
Oct 1, 2006, 05:09 PM
Man. I tried testing my 17" PB to see if it has a SMS but I didn't feel anything...

xPismo
Oct 1, 2006, 08:50 PM
...taking my $2000 computer into bed with me? well lets say im a big fan of apple computers....

Oh Baby! ;)