Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I'm selling my iPod nano in the marketplace and there is an interested party from spain. They have great ebay feedback and are verified paypal. Is it safe to sell. Just curious and taking precaustions. Anyone with experience let me know. THanks.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
MattyMac said:
I'm selling my iPod nano in the marketplace and there is an interested party from spain. They have great ebay feedback and are verified paypal. Is it safe to sell. Just curious and taking precaustions. Anyone with experience let me know. THanks.

eBay feedback and a verified Paypal is about as good as you can get. I'd worry a bit but you've done all you can. Plus, Paypal I think has some sort of guarantee thing... up to maybe $500?

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
ehayut said:
why wouldn't it be safe?
I have no idea, I just never shipped there before and was naturally worried. They seem like a very nice person and have great ebay feedback, and are paypal verified so I went through with the deal.

Mechcozmo said:
eBay feedback and a verified Paypal is about as good as you can get. I'd worry a bit but you've done all you can. Plus, Paypal I think has some sort of guarantee thing... up to maybe $500?

Sweet thanks for the help, just a little precautious thats all.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
MattyMac said:

If you ask yourself whether it is safe enough then it isn't.
eBay feedback means nothing. Accounts get hijacked all the time.

I am sure anyone in Spain will find someone in Spain to sell them an iPod if they want one.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
MattyMac said:

Where does their 'great feedback' come from, buyers or sellers? I've seen many scams where someone will purchase a bunch of very cheap items in order to increase their rating. Make sure you check that out, rather than just relying on a number.

Also, remember that accounts get hijacked all the time, and the perhaps reputable person's account you see is not the same person that you are dealing with.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I'd just wait until they'd paid me by PayPal and then I'd post the item. If you're selling, you're in control.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
sunfast said:
I'd just wait until they'd paid me by PayPal and then I'd post the item. If you're selling, you're in control.
Of course I was paid before I sent it out.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
gnasher729 said:
I am sure anyone in Spain will find someone in Spain to sell them an iPod if they want one.
iPods were virtually unheard of in Spain until very recently. You just don't see the white earbuds in large numbers anywhere, even in the centre of Barcelona they're a rarity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.